February 24, 2024

How to Jailbreak Your iPhone with ZiPhone 2.4 (Windows)
Comments

Posted February 11, 2008 at 10:37am · 143 comments · Add Comment
andrew
andrew - May 2, 2008 at 1:38am
i tried it with 1.1.4 and it did not work
sadiphone
sadiphone - March 13, 2008 at 4:29am
I did this procedure after the "How to Unlock a 1.1.4 iPhone (ZiPhone + Installer) (Windows)" my Iphone did not responde it just stays with the apple on the screan and can't make it work nor the PC detects the iphone please help!
YO
YO - February 14, 2008 at 6:25pm
Excellent app, I just try it on a otb 1.1.2 restored to 1.1.3 with itunes and executed the -a -j command and everything works but it remains in the emergency dial screen? I do not want to unlock it since I'm using a ATT sim card but not on an iphone plan? How can I jailbreak it and activate only?
Rajiv Varma
Rajiv Varma - February 13, 2008 at 2:27pm
Unbelieveable. You are a life-saver, Mohammadreza. Thanks a ton for your help.
Mohammadreza
Mohammadreza - February 13, 2008 at 2:12pm
Turn the Show my caller Id on in the phone settings.
Rajiv Varma
Rajiv Varma - February 13, 2008 at 1:55pm
Hey Guys. I've got a OOB 1.1.3 unlocked in India, and I am able to send/received SMS and received phone calls. For some reason I can't call out. Anyone have any ideas? I tried iWorld, but it seems to only work in 1.1.2. I also tried the WinSCP method of patching appSupport. No luck with that. Any help appreciated. Thanks.
Mohammadreza
Mohammadreza - February 13, 2008 at 12:53pm
I have a 1.1.2 OTB HW unlocked. Recently I've upgraded it to 1.1.3 (did a restore) but after activate and jailbreake using ZiPhone its WiFi acting kind of weird. After a successfully connecting to an Ad-Hoc it will disconnect when i press the home button. I reseted the network settings but nothing happened.
Steve Anderson
Steve Anderson - February 13, 2008 at 11:17am
CANT GET EDGE TO WORK NO MORE ON O2 PAY AS U GO
iphoneman
iphoneman - February 13, 2008 at 12:35am
hi, i used ziphone and all went well, but i'm still on 404.02.13_G. i tried using the iclarified tutorial to update my 3.9 BL Baseband to 04.03.13_G, but I get a mainscript error... Someone please help me!
Samiq
Samiq - February 12, 2008 at 8:29pm
BTW, my phone is a 1.1.2 OTB, I had killed all itunes stuff from the task manager and been monitoring the services. ziphone.ex is using 2684K of memory and AppleMobileDeviceService.exe 788K. Cheers.
Samiq
Samiq - February 12, 2008 at 8:27pm
Hi guys I am running vista, and did the ziphone -u -a -j, it went all the way to show me Please wait 2'30. but it has been seating there for about 25min and nothing has happened. The phone rebooted at first I guess it is part of the work it is doing, and during this time the screen has flash about 2 times, that I have notice, but still sitting in the apple icon. Is there any way to know this is still working or how to stop and try again? I really appreciate any help.
keets28
keets28 - February 12, 2008 at 7:42pm
oli did you install bsd system, udate sources, and install openssh before you tried installing other apps?
Oli
Oli - February 12, 2008 at 7:39pm
Make sure you quit ituneshelper.exe from task manager as that stops the phone being jailbroken! I tried on my 1.1.3 16GB OTB five times before I quit ituneshelper and then installer finally popped up! I would add that NOT ALL apps are working on this jailbreak - I don't know if its my phone or because they are not made to work with this new jailbreak method?!
Jason
Jason - February 12, 2008 at 5:34pm
Well I completed everything and said done, but I don't see customizer and other stuff? Was I suppose to unlock it as well, if I had a legit ATT account?
RTheDuke
RTheDuke - February 12, 2008 at 5:19pm
After hours spent on the Dev Team's Tutorials, ending in a not 100% working iphone (installer was not installing with script execution failure error..) THE BEST WAS ZIBREE'S SOLUTION with ziphone -u -a -j . I followed JAS advice (read comments..) : restored back to a clean 1.1.3 my OOTB phone and used ziphone from a dos window. ALL went OK in a few minutes !!! My phone is working now unlocked and jailbroken as expected. Thanks to ZIBREE and iClarified for the GOOD Tutorials. Well Done !
antstyl
antstyl - February 12, 2008 at 4:31pm
Cm go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset all settings, then reboot the iphone
antstyl
antstyl - February 12, 2008 at 4:10pm
same problem here! No sound!!plz help! also sometimes when others try to call me it is like am talking!!
Cm.
Cm. - February 12, 2008 at 4:07pm
I did everything, but now i have no sound ??? NOTHING. Why is this.
myiphone
myiphone - February 12, 2008 at 3:37pm
ziphone -a -j -u Loading zibri.dat. Searching for iPhone USBMuxListenerCreate: No error. And it hangs there.
kphone
kphone - February 12, 2008 at 3:33pm
got a new 1.1.3 iphone. I get et the following msg and then it hangs when I ran ziphone -a -j -u UsbMuxListenerCreate: No Error help me pls..
Steve Anderson
Steve Anderson - February 12, 2008 at 3:29pm
also iTunes gives a (1) error so no going back to 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 I restored to 1.1.3 and now can only go back to that now
Steve Anderson
Steve Anderson - February 12, 2008 at 3:25pm
it works but it is ziphone -u -a -j that must be the order done it twice now and it works its not -a -j -u
antstyl
antstyl - February 12, 2008 at 2:59pm
Finally I jailbreak and activated!!! Now I have to run Anysim to unlock it! I have to install first the Baseband Updater and then the Anysim? When I do this I get a main script execution failure to the installer while it installs either basaband updater or anysim! What can i do??
Rieper
Rieper - February 12, 2008 at 12:32pm
IT WORKED !!! At last!!! I'm not sure if this did the magic, but... when you type the commands include spaces between, like this: ziphone -a -j -u And try with the new version, the download link is modified. I tried with the old one and didnt work, but the new yes. Good Luck
Cain Ravenlock
Cain Ravenlock - February 12, 2008 at 11:44am
It worked perfectly for me. did a pure 1.1.3 restore, went into restore mode Went into the terminal and used z to make it write it correctly since that was the only complaint it gave me. ZiPone -a -j -u took about 3 minutes jailbroken and unlocked. I have an otb 1.1.2 no downgrades needed. I had managed earlier to brick my phone so it could not restore back to 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 since they only gave me access to restore mode tried reboot running all kinds of apps to kick it out of that mode (Nothing) Downgraded to 1.0.2 in hopes of making it jailbroken once again but it complained about sim card. And finally this app came and undid all i had done wrong in a few key presses. it's the ultimate unlock jailbreak and repair tool. even if you have managed to delete your base band as i did. Thank you so much developers i thought i would never be able to use my iphone again. and i didnt have to resolve by hard unlock it. wich i would have done if it had not crashed the day before geohot found the solution and you guys this amazing app. :) I announce you all to Iphone heroes. hehe
mfadhil.x
mfadhil.x - February 12, 2008 at 11:27am
I USED ZIPHONE TO UNLOCK 1.1.3 OOTB LATEST IPHONE. PHONE UNLOCKED BUT CARRIER SETTINGS MISSING. NEED HELP TO RESTORE. TRIED RESTORING BUT UNKNOWN ERROR OCCURED(1), UNABLE TO RESTORE TO 1.1.2 BELOW...CAN ONLY RESTORE 1.1.3 BUT CANT DOWNGRADE AS ERROR ABOVE WILL COME OUT PLEASE GUYS...SALUTE ANYONE WHO CAN HELP ME OUT HERE, BEEN TRYING SINCE YESTERDAY!!
turbowrx
turbowrx - February 12, 2008 at 10:38am
hmm wonder why its not working, it worked for me but im not sure...u can use this guide to get u to 1.1.1 http://www.modmyifone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25695
Antstyl
Antstyl - February 12, 2008 at 10:34am
still nothing! It takes me again to the same screen with the recovery mode icon and slide to emergency! Is there any way to go back to 1.1.1 and be unlocked? Thanks anyway!
turbowrx
turbowrx - February 12, 2008 at 10:29am
yea i type ziphone -u -a -j
Antstyl
Antstyl - February 12, 2008 at 10:26am
Ok I will try it! What is the excact command that I should write? ziphone -u -a -j ? With spaces in ftont of the - ? Also I have the ATT card (I dont think this is problem)
turbowrx
turbowrx - February 12, 2008 at 10:23am
yes i have bl 3.9 too and did a restore to 1.1.3 and type -u -a -j..u put it in recovery by holding the both the power button and home button then when u see the apple logo let go of power button and keep holding the home button then u should see the cable with itunes then u run ziphone and use -u -a -j and it should work
Antstyl
Antstyl - February 12, 2008 at 10:21am
i did all from the begging! I did again the restore and now the phone has the recovery mode icon and slide for emergency! If I type ziphone -a -j it says that phone isn't in recovery mode! I have to put it again in recovery?
Antstyl
Antstyl - February 12, 2008 at 10:18am
yes but i have bootloader 3.9
turbowrx
turbowrx - February 12, 2008 at 10:16am
to Antstyl try again and type -u -a -j instead
Antstyl
Antstyl - February 12, 2008 at 10:12am
Hi, I was on 1.1.1 and I did the restore to 1.1.3! My phone restarted and had the icon of the recovery mode and slide for emergency. Also It was writinh to insert a valid and unlocked sim to unlock iphone. I tried to run ziphone -a -j but i had to put it in reovery mode.. after all this still nothing happens! What should I do? plz help!!
Prokopis
Prokopis - February 12, 2008 at 9:52am
Amin it worked now executing -a -j -u. Yeaaaaaaaaah. do you know if i can use my own sim now with the phone? Thanks
Amin
Amin - February 12, 2008 at 9:34am
I tried with -u -a -j..everything works fine...Wifi...Installer...youtube....Great job...
Prokopis
Prokopis - February 12, 2008 at 9:10am
Hi iclarified and keep up the good work ;-) But i have a problem. I followed your procedure, everything went ok form cmd it said DONE in the end the phone reboot but it wasn't activated or jailbreaked. Any suggestions? The phone is 1.1.2 out of the box with bootloader 4.6 i think because i had it one week ago. Thanks in advance.
iRedz
iRedz - February 12, 2008 at 9:09am
THIS IS NOW SORTED! SIMPLY RESTART YOUR IPHONE AND INSTALL AGAIN.... MANY THANKS TO ICLARIFIED AND ZIPHONE
iRedz
iRedz - February 12, 2008 at 8:50am
ATTENTION ICLARIFIED:::: PROBLEM WITH THE INSTALLER AFTER JAILBREAKING ERROR MESSAGE DURING THE PROCESS "PACKAGE DOWNLOAD FAILED" ANY IDEA HOW SORT THIS OUT?