Pod2g's iOS 5.0.1 Untethered Jailbreak for Non-A5 Devices Has Been Released!
Pod2g's untethered iOS 5.0.1 jailbreak for the iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 3G, iPod Touch 4G, and iPad 1, has been released, according the iPhone Dev-Team.
A few days ago, @pod2g gave the untether to both the iPhone devteam and the chronic devteam. We've put it into redsn0w 0.9.10 and PwnageTool, and the chronic devteam put it into a Cydia package (the same set of exploits is in all three).
● The untether is for iOS 5.0.1 on iPhone3GS, iPhone4, iPhone4-CDMA, iPad1, iPod touch 3G, iPod touch 4G
● If you have one of those devices and are not on 5.0.1 yet, update now! The SHSH window is still open for 5.0.1 If you unlock via ultrasn0w or gevey, make sure you only get to 5.0.1 via a custom IPSW! See the guides at places like iClarified.com if you don't know how. Once you're at 5.0.1, use the latest redsn0w 0.9.10 to both jailbreak and untether.
● If you're already at 5.0.1 with a tethered jailbreak, you have two choices: either run redsn0w 0.9.10 over your current jailbreak (deselect "Install Cydia" if you do that), or install the Cydia package prepared by the chronic devteam. The patches are the same regardless of which you choose.
● Some of you are using a hybrid 5.0/5.0.1 configuration. If so, do not attempt to install this untether over that setup! You will most likely get into a reboot cycle. Do a sync and fresh restore to 5.0.1 then install the jailbreak + untether.
You can download the new release of RedSn0w from here... We'll be posting instructions on how to perform the untethered jailbreak below.
● iPhone 4 (Windows, Mac)
● iPhone 3GS (Windows, Mac)
● iPad 1 (Windows, Mac)
● iPod Touch 4G (Windows, Mac)
● iPod Touch 3G (Windows, Mac)
*Don't forget to give pod2g and the Dev-Teams a big thank you!
** We'd also appreciate if those who speak different languages could submit translations to help those who have difficulty with English.
You can follow us on Twitter, Facebook, RSS, or check out the new iClarified menu app to be notified as we post tutorials.