February 29, 2024

How to Jailbreak Your iPod Touch 2G Using PwnageTool (Mac) [4.0]
Comments

Posted June 23, 2010 at 10:46pm · 9 comments · Add Comment
skilfoy
skilfoy - April 3, 2013 at 12:27am
I know this is quite old, but I was hoping someone could still help. I have a 2nd gen ipod touch (MC model, 8gb, iOS 4.1.2), and when I get to the last step of this tutorial, iTunes takes about 5-10 minutes to tell me the following error: "The iPod could not be restored. An unknown error has occurred (1604)." Any help or suggestions? Thanks...
mabskie
mabskie - July 31, 2010 at 10:08pm
How to downgrade itouch 2nd gen from 4.0 to 3.1.3 i know the whole process but i need the bypass code for apple server websearches and youtube failed me maybe apple change it or what pls help tnx
Justice
Justice - June 30, 2010 at 10:22pm
What?! anybody help us, we have the same problem here. pleas somebody help.
JoshCoates
JoshCoates - July 19, 2010 at 6:14pm
Right this is why, to use this correctly the device you are already using has to be a jailbroken non-MC device which is currently running software version 3.1.2 jailbroken using redsn0w. You can then go on to restore the device using the custom 4.0 software created in the Pwnage tool.
rfs
rfs - July 20, 2010 at 4:59am
Oh... that is nice... Would be great if that was said in the tutorial.
Craigo
Craigo - June 26, 2010 at 12:47pm
When I get to the part where I am to restore the iPod, iTunes tells me (after extracting the software from the custom ipsw) that it is "Preparing the iPod for restore" . . . but then after about 7 minutes of nothing happening, it quits with an error. This is an MC version of the iPod Touch 2G. Am I out of luck for now?
Aedan Baxter
Aedan Baxter - June 25, 2010 at 10:55pm
What? No way! I followed this tut to the T and it came up with an error. It could serve as useful to have a guide for noobs who do get the errors, by the way. In that way, you've helped them twice and staved off dumb comments. Like mine.
Adriano Martins
Adriano Martins - June 25, 2010 at 7:13pm
What about MC models? anyone?
LFC
LFC - June 24, 2010 at 3:04pm
i tried this a few times, but everytime i opened the ipsw i kept getting a itunes error message, i even tried the other recovery mode option, swtching off and then holding the home button and connecting the usb, this way worked better but i kept getting blue lines on the screen, redsn0w is the only thing that worked for me, restore ipod using itunes, then use redsn0w to jailbreak