September 30, 2022
Solve Your iPhone 4 Reception Problems With a Simple Wrap

Solve Your iPhone 4 Reception Problems With a Simple Wrap

Posted June 30, 2010 at 6:13pm · 10 comments · Add Comment
Ivan
Ivan - July 17, 2010 at 1:51am
Apple should gave a free bumper inside the iphone 4 box, the same way nintendo wii gave protectors because people were complaining about throwing away and damaging the wii motes. If they had do that at the beginning most of the people would use the bumper since the beginning and less people would notice the reception problem. My personal and humble opinion.
tims0891
tims0891 - July 1, 2010 at 10:13am
My hats go off to all the companies trying to find solutions to the Apple issue of iPhones shorting out. Nice to know some people out there are hearing the customers issues and providing solutions for them. (Hint for you Apple) Now my sarcastic message: You see though, I think Apple did this to the iPhone on purpose so that they can help in aiding to other companies that make cases, allowing these companies to get in on the "cash band wagon" of the iPhone release. I think that was very heart felt and sweet of Apple to do!
Mike
Mike - June 30, 2010 at 10:06pm
Seems like an easy enough fix
truckdiver
truckdiver - June 30, 2010 at 9:52pm
Then i find this wrap nicer. http://www.etsy.com/listing/50352828/iphone-4-decal-wrap-many-colors-set-of-3?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=PageTools&utm_campaign=Share
Sillydrew
Sillydrew - June 30, 2010 at 7:20pm
Ok well I understand the problem some people are having. I don't understand why people wouldn't want to have a phone case to protect they're phone when dropped. We all know we will drop our phone and maybe it's just me I prefer to be safe not sorry. So just buy a damn case and stop F'ing crying already. Oh wait you can return the phone and problem solved. Just remember you don't have much time to decide to keep or return.
ipihonage
ipihonage - June 30, 2010 at 7:19pm
isnt this almost the same as the iphone bumpers? maybe apple already knew about this antenna problem hence the production of these bumpers. maybe they were late in figuring this flaw out and the easiest/cheapest solution was to produce these sorry excuse for protection bumpers
Aaron Wright
Aaron Wright - June 30, 2010 at 11:15pm
I totally agree with you.
Dmytry
Dmytry - June 30, 2010 at 6:57pm
"solution" doesn't work!
wittybob
wittybob - June 30, 2010 at 6:56pm
So really all this problem adds up to is that if you "short" out the two different antennas with your hand (and if you push on the stainless steel tighter, you decrease the resistance further), then all you need is an "insulator" to prevent the contact. I'd think a small piece of Scotch Tape would do the trick over that left lower gap. Not $9.99, but still a 3M product !
iceblu121
iceblu121 - June 30, 2010 at 10:36pm
why not try some clearskin bandaid stuff they sell in the stores instead of using a bandaid on ur hand u put a coat of this on your CUT and it drys so no dirt can get into ur cut its invisable.. maybe some of this will stop it i dunno? fuccin apple i call them today and they said they arent aware of any ongoing antenna problem .. christ do they pay them to be stupid!