October 4, 2022
What You Need to Know Before iOS 4.2 is Released

What You Need to Know Before iOS 4.2 is Released

Posted November 10, 2010 at 10:36am · 19 comments · Add Comment
Jonatan Suarez
Jonatan Suarez - November 12, 2010 at 1:28am
People do not update to Firmware 4.2 until jalikbreak is released. Baseband is upgrade to 5.15.4 so be pacience. i upgrade my iphone 3g to firmware 4.2 and i had a lot of issues... i had to reinstall firmware 4.1 and then i did a jailbreak. My iphone is running on baseband 5.15.4 with cydia installed and firmware 4.1.. so be carefull and do not mess your iphone.... thanks
cemarun
cemarun - November 11, 2010 at 2:20am
I am Bored of asking this question that i m sure thousands of people care, but i will ask it again. ARE OWNERS OF IPHONE 4 IOS 4.1 AND FIRMWARE 02.10.04 GOING TO BE ABLE TO UNLOCK THEIR DEVICES...:(((
cemarun
cemarun - November 12, 2010 at 12:41am
everybody other than you
aisnake
aisnake - November 10, 2010 at 3:02pm
This may sound a stupid question so I will say sorry now! I have an IPhone 4 unlocked with limera1n and could do with advice on how to upgrade to the latest IOS once released. Is it a case of upgrading and then use limera1n once it's been confirmed and tested for 4.2? Do I need to back up my jailbreak apps?
Fido
Fido - November 10, 2010 at 3:53pm
Is better that you backup when you are going to updgrade FW, cause, sometimes, shit happen. Normally some cydia apps don't work well on new FWs, making your iPhone to crash constantly, I recommend to install them manually again and not to restore from backup, you can use apps like PkgBackup to keep a list of all your cydia apps and backup them if you want, and you can use AppBackup to backup all the info on appstore apps, very useful when you want to save specific apps data.
neonshad0w
neonshad0w - November 10, 2010 at 4:30pm
Use TinyUmbrella's TSS Server while updating the iPhone 4 to 4.2, this will allow you to keep the 1.59 baseband. Then jailbreak via redsn0w, ensuring to use the 4.1 firmware, and install ultrasn0w.
Steve1010
Steve1010 - November 20, 2010 at 9:33pm
Limera1n or greenpois0n are jailbreaking tool. They are not unlocking anything. Ultrasn0w is what you need after jailbreaking you phone. As of now, Ultrasn0w version 1.1-1 only unlock up to 5.13 on iPhone 3G and 3GS and 1.59 on iPhone 4 baseband. Hopefully they will release ultrasn0w 1.1-2 soon for baseband 5.14 and 2.10
DMONEY
DMONEY - November 10, 2010 at 1:04pm
You see this people!:?!?!? READING IS FUNDAMENTAL!! Stop bitching if you accidentally locked your phone. WHOMP WHOMP, patience is virtue.
AWESOME
AWESOME - November 10, 2010 at 12:39pm
Shit this means 4.1 unlock comin soon.. i can wait to unlock my bros iphone 3G which i accidentally locked :)) Thank you Dev-Team / GeoHot/ Saurik and all the others for their time and work. HC,
Mareo
Mareo - November 10, 2010 at 12:26pm
Why the ShSh Blogs are neede? Are they only for keeping downgrade as option or is there another purpose?
Fido
Fido - November 10, 2010 at 3:56pm
In case you 'accidentally' upgrade your iPhone and lose your unlock, it can save your life =], and it's useful when you want to try out some betas.
Mareo
Mareo - November 11, 2010 at 1:39am
Upgrade 'accidently' - is that even possible..if r not absolutely noob.!?
Kishan
Kishan - November 10, 2010 at 11:10am
When can i expect (approx date) to get the unlock for iphone 3G OS 4.1 ?
Interrupter Jones
Interrupter Jones - November 10, 2010 at 11:24am
A day after it's completed. Stop rushing the teams. You're not paying for the service and they don't owe you anything. Not a date, not a time. Relax.
JC
JC - November 10, 2010 at 12:08pm
@Interrupter Jones - Dude, WTF? The guy asked a simple question. Your reply shows that you need psychiatric help! "Why are you guys taking so damn long??? Just release the unlock already or at least tell us when we can expect it." You see, a post like that would require a reply like yours, but "Is there an ETA?" doesn't, so you relax... and while you do that, google "psychiatric centers" to find the one nearest you. Geez!!!
WJ
WJ - November 10, 2010 at 12:40pm
Good one JC......
Interrupter Jones
Interrupter Jones - November 10, 2010 at 1:46pm
@JC, Speaking of overreacting to people's commments, do I REALLY need to seek psychiatric help for mine? If so, I'll jump on my phone and call whomever you use. They must be good. I only responded the way I did is because it seems like EVERY time there is a post about jailbreak/unlock/iOS updates, someone ALWAYS has to ask the asinine question of "when is my unlock coming?" It comes when it comes. They DON'T owe him anything. He should be patient or get a phone that works on his telephone service provider. So can you give me that number now so I can get whatever kind of help you're getting?
Gecko
Gecko - November 10, 2010 at 4:34pm
Dude, shut the fuck up. I know the jb/unlock isn't obligatory, but that doesn't mean we can't ask for an ETA. and I know someone always asks on every post, but it's not the same person, so what is this guys fault in asking? He may have never asked that before, don't group people together for no reason, deal with each person separately as different entities, cause that's what they are! So yes, I am entitled to ask, "Whats the ETA on this?"
dev supporter
dev supporter - November 10, 2010 at 5:24pm
yah, everyone feels entitled to something, thing is , wait like a good little boy like everyone else mostly does. Do you spend time on working on the unlocks, jailbreaks or anything worth a shit, if not, your NOT entitled to shit.