February 21, 2024
How to Jailbreak Your iPhone With QuickPwn (Mac) [Updated 2.2.1]

How to Jailbreak Your iPhone With QuickPwn (Mac) [Updated 2.2.1]
Comments

Posted January 30, 2009 at 11:57am · 184 comments · Add Comment
college research paper
college research paper - April 14, 2012 at 10:31am
I am always glad, because I have a chance to buy custom papers. This aided lots of times.
Chino
Chino - March 11, 2012 at 5:29pm
You could certainly see your pstereixe within the paintings you write. The sector hopes for even more passionate writers like you who are not afraid to mention how they believe. Always follow your heart.
Julio
Julio - May 9, 2010 at 1:31pm
Hello, when I try to download the quickpwn is asking me for some sort of password and username. What should I put?
N
N - June 7, 2009 at 1:26am
I'm on the last step, where I have to wait for the reboot after it's all done. I've been waiting, and waaaaiting,.... still waiting. So really, how long do I need to wait for the phone to restart? Guesstimate? 2 hours, 3, 4?
Alexander
Alexander - May 28, 2009 at 9:28am
So I just got a new MacBook 10.5.7 OS X. I have an unlocked iphone but I want to Jailbreak it. WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO?? All of these threads are confusing. Please help guys.
Ekramy
Ekramy - May 19, 2009 at 1:19am
He
Gina Cheong
Gina Cheong - May 13, 2009 at 3:58pm
Hi, Im currently using an iphone 2G v1.1.2 and im using the Turbo Sim too. Will this tutorial be suitable for me to directly jailbreak my iphone to v2.2.1? Do i have to remove the turbo sim + Sim card first b4 jailbreaking? Im using Mac 10.4.11. Any help will be greatly appreciated :) (im kinda of an IT noob here) THANKS! :)))
NPS
NPS - May 11, 2009 at 4:07am
There is no problem at all if you running it on MAC 10.5.5 Now if you running it on MAC 10.5.6 you got to fix USB port for iTune on DFU mode again, even you did it before, this time just re-install 315.4 pkg, then it is working OK. To find out how to fix USB port look down here: Fixing DFU mode on 10.5.6 As noted previously OS X 10.5.6 introduced a bug that affected the use of DFU mode. with some Macs. There have been previously published hacks and techniques to fix this, but here is another method that can be used to temporarily restore DFU functionality in order to use QuickPwn or PwnageTool. You will need an account with ADC (Apple Developer Connection) this is free and takes a few minutes to sign up, you should read the terms and conditions carefully and you should only sign up if you are thinking of developing applications in the future - http://developer.apple.com/mac/ Download the disk image “IOUSBFamily-315.4-log.dmg” for Mac OS X 10.5.5 Build 9F33” (yes, that is a “5” in 10.5.5 - this is a developer debug package of the USB kernel extension). Unplug non-vital USB equipment, such as external DVD writers, USB scanners, USB mass storage devices, at the most leave a Keyboard and Mouse connected. Install IOUSBFamily-315.4.1.pkg from within the disk image Reboot your system! Perform necessary DFU activity with QuickPwn or PwnageTool. Download the disk image “IOUSBFamily-327.4.0-log.dmg” for Mac OS X 10.5.6 Build 9G55” Intall IOUSBFamily-327.4.0.pkg from within the disk image Reboot your system! Reattach your USB peripherals.
sams
sams - May 3, 2009 at 10:13am
Quickpwn didn't work, unknown error 2001....
qu1xs1lv3r
qu1xs1lv3r - April 19, 2009 at 11:32am
i have a newly restored iphone to 2.2.1 after the pwnage tool screwed everything up (my phone had no signal after restart whatsoever).. so phone is clean.. trying to do a jailbreak with quickpwn.. 3x now.. it says successful but no cydia or installer after restarting.. this is not my first time to jailbreak..
Jack
Jack - April 3, 2009 at 9:01am
When I tried 2 open quickpwn a sign popped up and it said that I dnt hve the correct version of the .net framework. Any suggestions? Email me at jprez50599@aim.com
Hector Chavez
Hector Chavez - March 13, 2009 at 3:07pm
I can't get Quickpwn to stop running on my computer and on top of that my phone doesn't turn on or even connect to itunes so i an restore. please help me this is driving me crazy!!!
Stubakka
Stubakka - March 19, 2009 at 9:39pm
Having the same issue the phone wont turn on anymore... Some how i knew this would happen, if anyone knows how to fix this please let me know. Gabriel101@gmail.com
Michiel
Michiel - April 8, 2009 at 10:35am
just press the home and power switch for about 10 seconds, and then the power switch only. Mine switched on again, nothing changed... but i do not get the quickpwn installed either. guess it has to do with OS version..?
geraldine
geraldine - July 2, 2009 at 7:12pm
hector, did you find a solution!!! same exact thing happen to me, i am so pissed and desperate, wish didn't touched it at all!
jens smith
jens smith - February 28, 2009 at 10:59pm
WORKED PERFECLTY. on MacBook Pro, OS 10.5.6, itunes 8, iphone 3G 8G followed instructions EXACTLY EXCEPT, i used a powered USB hub just in case.... any question please ask..i got my iphone yesterday, and it literally took me 7 mntues from start to finish... jens
gabe`
gabe` - March 1, 2009 at 4:17am
i have an i phone 3g 16gb and i updated it to the new version and firmware 2.30 and now i am unable to unlcok it. Do you have any advise or do you know of a way to unlock it? I tried following the steps in the tutorial but no luck. Please help if you can in any way, Thanks, i can be reached at gabeholbura@yahoo.com
chris
chris - March 19, 2009 at 12:10am
hi, got the iPhone 2.2.1, a macBook pro 15' running os 10.5.6. i've read i needed to install 'IOUSBFamily-315.4.1.pkg ' from the apple developer site in the latest iPhone sdk; which of course i cannot find it anywhere. (apparently without this program, i won’t be able to get into DFU Mode) prior unstalling quickPwn. I AM LOST! pleas help! in advance, thank you, chris
Jesal
Jesal - April 21, 2009 at 7:40pm
I also have macbook pro but i m not able to jailbreak my iphone. I have v2.2.1. I try it three time. I stop working from thirteen step. plz help me i want to jail break my iphone.
tony stephenson
tony stephenson - May 11, 2009 at 1:23pm
Hi Jens I have a macbook 10.5.6 unable to jailbreak phone, tried downloading the file to make version 10.5.5 far too complicated for me couldn't get it to work at all, need a simpler way to do it, any suggestions would be greatful Tony
ahmoody84
ahmoody84 - February 28, 2009 at 4:16pm
dear hi i made all the steps to the step 12 but before the ( Step Thirteen QuickPwn will now automatically begin sending information to your iPhone.) the QuikPwn take along time to start my iphone 3g & i tune give me a massage saying that itune couldn't open my iphone my itune is Version 8 and my phone is on the same version what i have to do ?????? pleas help
Abdul
Abdul - March 4, 2009 at 10:09am
hi there , the same happened with me and my i phone isn't working anymore :( do you have any idea what to do ?? regards
rubble
rubble - March 9, 2009 at 8:22pm
The new OSX 10.5.6 update im sure you both have downloaded included a measure by apple to prevent OSX from recognizing your iPhone while in DFU mode, which explains the problem we're having. There is a patch to fix this floating around but the reviews have been mixed and many have reported their mouse/USB ports/keyboard no longer working after installing the patch.
brandon pelfrey
brandon pelfrey - February 23, 2009 at 7:59pm
it worked perfectly the first time, although two days later i lost all music and itunes apps stop working, but after a quick restore from my backup it works flawlessly! But why would it do that?
Turkelicious
Turkelicious - February 22, 2009 at 7:28am
Tried 10 times and still no luck. Although last step says ihaz. Success. don't do anything. I wait wait wait wait wait... you get the point. Itunes keep sating we detected ipnone in recovery mode you need to restore. Now what? Do something or still nothing?
Maurice
Maurice - February 22, 2009 at 12:41pm
hit shift on keyboard and restore on Itunes. The firmware 2.2.1 that you download goes in blank space and hit open
DJ
DJ - May 22, 2009 at 10:43pm
I know this Q is from a few months ago, but i'm having the same problem...:(
ken
ken - February 21, 2009 at 2:50pm
When I download "2.2.1 (2G): iPhone1,1_2.2.1_5H1_Restore.ipsw" for the 2G and put it in the Pwnage folder, it doesn't look like the cube on the site screen shots. It is a zip file... is that normal??? Thanks, Ken
Maurice
Maurice - February 22, 2009 at 12:37pm
open the zip file and place it in Pwnage folder
diego Portalanza Peralta
diego Portalanza Peralta - April 10, 2009 at 10:05am
When i did that, i coulnt do it also, i aint see the cube, and they ask me for a password? have any idea which one was it?
Gina
Gina - May 13, 2009 at 4:49pm
Hey! ive got the same prob as u too! did u manage to resolve it? How should i unzip the file?
Merc Nuts
Merc Nuts - February 16, 2009 at 3:07pm
had to abandon this build. See all my issues above. All your phone favorites will be gone, and the "end call" button will be GONE BABY GONE. How to end a phone call with this build ? I surely dont know, I had to restart the phone. Thats a bit awkward and not what a paid to experience with my expensive primo iphone.
Merc Nuts
Merc Nuts - February 15, 2009 at 4:15pm
Wow - after checking out install: 1. phone favorites are gone 2. Phone button ( green ) missing letters c-a-l-l 3. make a test call - can't get to screen which has red end call button This is a problem ! I'm afraid to call anyone - how would I end the call 4. cyberduck or terminal or fugu all refuse to connect from my MBP laptop running 10.5.6 tony iPhone - using credentials root / dottie. I can however ping the device.... 5. figuring out the Installer 4.0 interface was difficult as it only seems to find search results occasionally - and the install button is only found if those search results do appear This has to be considered poor interface design ! 6. this tutorial changed my system font to look worse then before - no mention of how to change it back !
merc nuts
merc nuts - February 15, 2009 at 3:50am
installed fine but this tute should include all the instructions for getting the iPhone ready for action - so please consider including install of bsd subsystem, open ssh, and terminal. so far - I havent got bsd to work because the installer 4.0 app doesnt seem to show the "install" button per the tutorial. where is it ? my phone is connected to my home wifi network fine.
luis jurado
luis jurado - February 6, 2009 at 6:15pm
hi i updated my through the pwnage tool and i updated the modem firmware as well is yellow snow coming out to unlock the 02.30.03 modem firmware. i miss my iphone
Jeff
Jeff - February 1, 2009 at 11:35am
I Gave up on trying it on the Mac after 5 Tries and Reloads.. Got the PC version and did it in 20min. Something WRONG with the QuickPWN for OSX this time..
Peter
Peter - February 1, 2009 at 5:25am
You should describe what a "jailbreak" and what an "unlock" is. What's the difference?
chrisbone123
chrisbone123 - February 1, 2009 at 1:05am
i am having the same problem trying to brake my 2G awpple wrote at 2009-01-23 21:24:25 i need help i an go as far as much as where it just puts it in duf mode then the satus bar wont even run, what am i doing wrong. i need help
Huy Le
Huy Le - February 1, 2009 at 1:17am
This is possibly because you did not enable DFU mode for your Mac OS. Go to this link to enable DFU mode: https://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=2493. Hope this helps.
chrisbone123
chrisbone123 - February 2, 2009 at 4:25pm
thanx alot that helped.. but is their any way to undo that, cause now my USB stuff is not being recognized...
Huy Le
Huy Le - February 2, 2009 at 4:32pm
You should not have any problem with your USB drives but try to reinstall drivers if possible. I tested with my own Mac and there was no problem with any flash drives I plugged in.
Huy Le
Huy Le - January 31, 2009 at 5:37am
I was successful in jailbreaking my iPhone 3G with firmware 2.2.1. Everything ran smoothly. Attention Mac Users: For Mac OS 10.5.6, you need to download a patch to enable DFU mode. And one more thing, when the jailbreaking process gets to the final stage, don't touch it until it is done rebooting. Note: iTunes should be closed even if it pops up during the jailbreaking process. Hope this helps.
mpnupe3
mpnupe3 - February 9, 2009 at 10:40pm
can u explain to me what this patch is I need to download to run my iphone into dfu mode. for some reason everytime I get to that step I get an error. Can you please walk me through im a novice at this.... I thanku in advance for your help
Huy Le
Huy Le - February 10, 2009 at 2:59am
I'm more than happy to help you. Follow closely what I write here and you'll be fine. If you experience any other problem, let me know and I'll get back asap. - First, you need to download the script in order to enable DFU mode for Mac 10.5.6 (http://gizmodo.com/5113425/how-to-re+enable-unlock-and-jailbreak-in-mac-os-x-1056%20%27). - Second, quit all the applications and run the script above. - After it is done installing the script. It will restart your Mac. - Now you are able to run DFU mode on your iPhone. Note: Turn off your iTunes just to safeguard your jailbreaking process. Good luck!
jad
jad - May 5, 2009 at 7:06am
hi huy i am not able to go after step 13 it is giving me loading but nothing is happening. how long does it need to finish ??thanks
appleman53210
appleman53210 - January 30, 2009 at 12:51am
I have a problem. I have a Black MacBook with an Intel (Santa Rosa) processor in it. When i found this site, I already had the firmware 2.2.1 installed on my 3G iPhone. And every time i try and install the 2.2 firmware on the top, it always comes up with an error (1013). I've tried restarting my computer, installing on a different user, and logging on to root admin and deleting iTunes all together and reinstalling it but it still comes up with that damn error. If anybody can help me it would be highly appreciated. Thanks.
Justus Schwabedal
Justus Schwabedal - January 27, 2009 at 3:05pm
Does it work with 2.2.1 also? Where do I get the firmware from, that has to be modded? Grüße, Justus
awpple
awpple - January 23, 2009 at 9:24pm
Rappo
Rappo - January 23, 2009 at 7:18am
Hi. I have just tried to unlock a brand new iPhone 3G on PAYG 02, I am running 10.5.6 with DFU patch. It worked OK until the last stage and then the screen froze. If this happens to you, connect to iTunes and re-enter DFU mode and then ALT click on RESTORE and navigate to the IPSW file that you should have downloaded earlier as part of the unlock tutorial. Once completed, exit iTunes and then run unlock again. It worked for me and I now have an iPhone with Cydia installed. Hope this helps.
bobo le
bobo le - January 22, 2009 at 1:38pm
do not replace 2 kext files from 10.5.6 with the ones from 10.5.5, it could freeze your keyboard and mouse on the next boot. (i was one of several victims but successfully recovered it by booting to the safe mode and reinstall 10.5.6 combo update)
VieL
VieL - January 7, 2009 at 12:11am
Hello There! I really graceful with all this good work! I already had jailbreak/unlocked my iPhone 3G. Now I can use with a different carrier than "Claro" (LatinAmerica). All it's works fine, except 1 stuff, when I try to dial a number, the number pad appears on the screen for a few seconds, then It close. I can't type any number. The same problem got it when i receive a phone call. The "End Call / Hold Call / etc." screen doesn't appears on my screen ... I can't cancel any entry call :( ... Any Idea about this little inconvenient ? Tks in advance! VieL.
VieL
VieL - January 7, 2009 at 1:12am
It's done, I found this ... And the temporary problem gone :-P ... --- If after the jailbreak you can’t make dial calls because the phone dialer freezes and goes back to the main menu, try this: 1- Uninstall Kate from Installer: this is what everyone recommends, seems to work for a lot of people but didn’t work for me. 2- Then go to Installer again and uninstall these apps: A) Mobile enhancer B) RIP DEV preferences 3- Reboot your iPhone. That’s what I did and got my dial pad back again. Hope this helps someone, I spent like three hours searching for a solution… --- source from: http://www.quickpwn.com/2008/11/jailbreak-iphone-22-mac.html?showComment=1230761220000 Now! I got a Total Unlocked iPhone 3G!!!! GREAT!!!!!!
Jessica
Jessica - June 12, 2009 at 4:38pm
Thanks! I've been plagued by the same problem; yours is the first reference [& solution} I found. Cheers, J
Kirbini
Kirbini - January 6, 2009 at 10:22pm
iHaz Pwnd! Tried on my wife's 1yo MacBook w/ 10.5.6 and just like the G4 it got to a grey screen on the phone and nothing else. One last try, I got my neighbor's MacBook which he hadn't upgraded. It's got 10.5.5, just like the G4 that didn't work, but this time I was blessed. Not sure what the magic juju is, but for me, the only combination that worked was Intel MacBook w/ OSX 10.5.5. Nothing else worked.
Huy Le
Huy Le - January 6, 2009 at 11:50pm
Did you try to install the patch for Mac 10.5.6, which would allow you to enable DFU mode on your iPhone? If you did not try, refer back to my post down there and try to install the patch. I got stuck right at the moment QuickPwn transfered the files to my iPhone too and then after I installed the patch, it worked perfectly, could be the same to you. Anyway, you got it done, but just in case you friends want to know.
Bobo Le
Bobo Le - January 22, 2009 at 1:37pm
do not replace 2 files from 10.5.6 with the ones from 10.5.5, it could freeze your keyboard and mouse on the next boot. (i was a victim but successfully recovered it by booting to the safe mode and reinstall 10.5.6 combo update) the simple solution is just plug the iPhone/iPod Touch indirectly to your Mac, that means to an USB Hub. that's it.
Kirbini
Kirbini - January 6, 2009 at 9:26pm
WHoever said you could jailbreak a 3G phone must be smoking something I'm not. Tried on an older Macbook Pro w 10.5.6, wouldn't get to the loading files screen. Tried on a Windows XP Pro, fully patched and it locked up my phone to the point I had to restore it every time I tried. Tried again tonight on my Lampshade G4 oMac with 10.5.5 and it says it's loaded everything and I should just wait for the reboot. 45 minutes later my phone is off, but not rebooted. Turned it on and I can't tell if anything happened. No Onstaller.app, no Cydia. I've jailbroken any number of 2G phones and I'm considering going back. I NEED longer/louder SMS alerts for work. If I can't fix it they will make me get a BlackBerry or God forbid some crappy Verizon jobby. Help!!!
Rappo
Rappo - January 23, 2009 at 11:23pm
Hi there. Have you tried putting the iPhone into DFU mode whilst connected to iTunes and then ALT and RESTORE and navigate to the IPSW file you downloaded earlier from the tutorial. Give this a go. Hope this helps.
Brandon
Brandon - January 5, 2009 at 8:11pm
Just want to point out that I tried these installs on both my home PC and Mac and it wouldn't work. On a friends mac the installation worked perfectly. It might be nice to put a disclaimer for people running into this issue. Using a brand new iphone 3g on AT&T USA.
dieffe
dieffe - January 5, 2009 at 6:25am
Just a quick question. Jailbraking my iphone will in some way interfere with the developing connection in Xcode? I mean Can xcode block my app testing because of the different bootloader? Second question? Can i rollBack the operation with the restore function in Itunes? This will restore my iphone with original bootloader and stuff? Thanks a lot
MacSim
MacSim - January 28, 2009 at 10:41am
Yeah, I´d like to know that too. And other way around - is there a possibility to run xcode projects on a just jailbroken not registered developer iphone?
Kris O'Hagan
Kris O'Hagan - January 5, 2009 at 5:39am
I had the same problem with Quickpwn. I stumbled across a solution on my end, so I figured I will share my experience: I am running a powerbook g4 with 10.5. FIRST I Ran PwnageTool to get a custom file. Then I Ran QuickPwn. I got a couple of error messages for iTunes, I just clicked ok. When QuickPwn was finished and that grey screen was up I option click restore and restore from the custom file made by PwnageTool. That seemed to work for me.
Huy Le
Huy Le - January 4, 2009 at 1:24am
For those who suffered the problem of not being able to send information to iPhone, please follow my instructions as I did experience the same thing: - First, you need to download the script in order to enable DFU mode for Mac 10.5.6 (http://gizmodo.com/5113425/how-to-re+enable-unlock-and-jailbreak-in-mac-os-x-1056%20%27). - Second, quit all the applications and run the script above. - After it is done installing the script. It will restart your Mac. - Now you are able to run DFU mode on your iPhone. Note: Turn off your iTunes just to safeguard your jailbreaking process. Good luck!
myrrdex
myrrdex - January 13, 2009 at 1:45am
I tried this script Huy Le, but it did not work. I am logged in as admin. I tried also placing the folder "Install_IOSUBFamily_kext_10_5_5" to my desktop because in if you open the script in Automator you can see that it is hardcoded to the $HOME directory. Still this did not work. I tried running it from Automator and it fails on the "Run Shell Script" step. Does anyone know why this is happening?
Phono
Phono - January 3, 2009 at 7:35pm
And be aware that there is a difference between Recovery mode and DFU mode (even though iTunes labels both as Recovery mode). Together with the 10.5.6 DFU problem this cost me this evening…
Adrian
Adrian - January 3, 2009 at 5:54pm
can i get my settings back on my phone to the last tiem i synced after i jailbreak the phone. Will syncing back on itunes help?
yogy
yogy - January 2, 2009 at 6:10pm
i actually encountered the same problem as "stratocasterfreak" . Everything works properly until the end when it says, quickpwn is about to run your iphone 3g. Nothing loads up, and the phone remains blank, and turned off. I did some research and realized that the macbook OS 10.5.6 was programmed such that jailbreaking your iphone via quickpwn or pwange tool would not be possible. The only way to bypass this problem, is by installing the OS 10.5.5 kext file on your laptop, and this would in essence mimic the OS 10.5.5, and only then would it be possible to put your iphone in DFU mode. However, i don't know how to install the kext files, therefore my phone cannot be jailbroken with quick pwn. Does anyone else have a suggestion or a solution to this problem. Also, itunes constantly says error 2001 whenever i try to put it in DFU mode. Any help would be deeply appreciated. Thanks and happy holidays
chrome
chrome - January 3, 2009 at 6:49am
I guess you both have late 2008 MacBooks or Pros? I found out that it does not work with these models. So try it (like I did) with an "old" PowerBook. That should work. Good luck
carlos z
carlos z - February 28, 2009 at 6:13pm
please i got the same problem with these news commputers, and if i made this in another computer the itunes wont work with mine when i want to sync new music or else