iPhone Modem Makes Tethering Even Easier

iPhone Modem Makes Tethering Even Easier

Posted September 14, 2008 at 12:02am by iClarified · 12 comments · Add Comment
mshawky - March 7, 2009 at 6:52pm
msh
Jay - September 18, 2008 at 10:12pm
@Omaha Well, I just referred to a regular aircard. Novatel, Sony Ericsson, Sierra Wireless, Huwai ... they all good to excellent USB or express air cards on HSPA networks (3G). I find the throughput on these puppies much better than PDAs or phones. Just don't choose a crappy CDMA or EV-Doh! card. My opinion anyhow. Noone shared their results...
maz - September 18, 2008 at 11:10am
QUESTION @Marco: Thx for ur honest mind. Q: SAD! It´s just for Mac OS 10.5.x right?? Can´t use it for Mac OS 10.4.11???
omahanut - September 18, 2008 at 11:07am
I have this and it seems to work most of time but I have problem,it dont seem to want to load complete page on complex websites. And my mac laptop dont want to turn off iphonemodem when it is supposed to so I can switch back to wifi. Not sure if I would recommend unless these issues get fixed. And yes I did register and pay the $10
maz - September 18, 2008 at 10:48am
SAD! It´s just for Mac OS 10.5.x right?? Can´t use it for Mac OS 10.4.11???
marcoxyz - September 18, 2008 at 5:34am
@Clarified You have take a look? Here my Forum http://www.apfelcafe.de is in German. Here my posts: http://www.apfelcafe.org/forum/index.php?showforum=23 Is from 22. August 2008, 00:27 Here my first advances Scripts: http://www.apfelcafe.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=774 is from 5. August 2008, 14:52 and here the beginning together with Rene Koecher alias "Shirk" http://hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=34207 is from 03-16-2008, 12:09 AM Bevor they post her app on Cydia i was with 20 Pages for "iPhoneModem" listed by Google. Now we online in Cydia with iPhoneModem zsrelay. Tomorrow i have an Update that fix some security issues with the saving of passwords and hopfully i have a solution that makes all Applikations work on Mac and PC. Thats a real solution. So People please Donate us we do a real work not only 5 lines of code. Ciao Marco
Omahanut - September 16, 2008 at 10:17am
I would like to know about this aircard that you can simply pop your simcard into Jay....Can you send me a link to where I can get this aircard, I think I like this idea better than tethering but as assual I could be wrong.
rosaquiroa - September 15, 2008 at 5:23pm
iphone model
iClarified - September 14, 2008 at 2:18pm
@Marco, i'll take a look at this and will make a post for you if this is originally your app!
Jay - September 14, 2008 at 12:04pm
Danke shon Marco. Has anyone benchmarked network with these proxy solutions? It's ingenious, I like the idea, but I wonder if it's such a good alternative to already perfect aircards. Sure it allows someone not having to remove it's SIM card and poping it in their aircards if they want to use the same account. Anyhow, anyone used any proxy, could you please post your results. I would be curious knowing the software used, network used (specify if you were on a 3G or 2G signal) and speed achieved from the speedtest.net site for constancy sake. Cheers, and thank you for the ones who will share their results.
Prev 1 of 2 Next