February 4, 2023
Apple is Working on a 4.8-Inch iPhone But It Won't Be Released in 2013? [Report]

Posted January 22, 2013 at 1:53pm · 7 comments · Add Comment
josCocker
josCocker - January 23, 2013 at 12:17am
They must release a larger screen iPhone by midyear. Why? Because I was expecting the larger screen since late 2011. Now my 2-year contract is over and I am waiting for the new Galaxy S IV in May/June. If Apple doesn't release it by then I'm moving on and not going to look back. If you notice, all the young people are moving to Android very quickly. iPhones are for old people and since I'm just turning 30 I may not want to associate with my grandparent's dated iPhone unless there is a larger, updated screen.
DiRNiS
DiRNiS - January 23, 2013 at 1:04am
Ok, so Apple must bow to you and release an iPhone with the screen size that you want, because somehow the world revolves around you. Move on to Android then, do you think Apple cares about what you do or don't do? You're a nobody.
DiRNiS
DiRNiS - January 22, 2013 at 9:57pm
Or this will probably end up being the iPad Nano
F1982
F1982 - January 22, 2013 at 2:31pm
You can't second guess Apple as unlike all other companies they rarely listen to what the consumer wants and do their own thing. It makes sense to do a lower cost iPhone for emerging markets. I would also love if they upgraded the screen to around 4.5". Making the screen longer for the 5 was an awful decision. It only makes sense for watching videos, and most of the time people are doing other things like Internet, games etc which require a larger screen, not longer. Watching videos is almost as low on the priority list for iPhone usage as checking the stocks app!
DavidG
DavidG - January 22, 2013 at 2:59pm
I watch plenty of videos out of it but I will agree larger is also better. To me it would be perfect to have it as large and very similar shaped as the S3 but running iOS and hardware made by apple. That would certainly remove all competition again.
SquireGibbs
SquireGibbs - January 22, 2013 at 3:01pm
Im glad theres someone else think liknthat way. Users do with their phone more than just watching video, and such defense fails when you take a picture with it, then it deosnt use entire screen just like how the video clip it saves... No to mention that screen size is painful to ues it with lanscape mode when you do group messaging...
AccordTR
AccordTR - January 22, 2013 at 2:16pm
Probably going to be the iPhone 6 next year. iPhone 5s will be this year with minor updates as usual.