iOS Has Been Saving Your Deleted SMS Attachments

iOS Has Been Saving Your Deleted SMS Attachments

Posted February 6, 2013 at 9:15am by iClarified · 37 comments · Add Comment
Karmen9 - February 6, 2013 at 4:51pm
This is stocking!!
sidewinder - February 6, 2013 at 5:01pm
stocking (def) noun 1. close-fitting covering for the foot and part of the leg, usually knitted, of wool, cotton, nylon, silk, or similar material.
Fucked up Logic - February 6, 2013 at 6:27pm
I laughed out loud
Ron dean - February 6, 2013 at 4:45pm
Just freed up 2gb of space......
Jdn1985 - February 6, 2013 at 7:32pm
This is crazy me too I free up 1.6gb that I could be using for apps, music or photos
Joebrizock - February 6, 2013 at 3:45pm
Is there a way to restore these files, so I can get the pics back?. I have a few pics that I deleted and would like to get them back
Mike - February 6, 2013 at 3:16pm
Just confirmed its also part of IOS 5.1.1, just checked ifile and found all deleted pics and videos still there, about 1/2GB big
co0ga - February 6, 2013 at 2:44pm
>>>>>>>>>>I've found this almost 2 month ago while I was rooting my Iphone and I called the german apple service "why are there still messages and numbers after deleting them" the one at the service-center could answer my question and I think he wasnt even allowed to answer them -.- fck apple !!!!!! they are working with CIA together.<<<<<<<<<<<<
odedo1 - February 7, 2013 at 4:07pm
This is kind of old news, in my country it was all over the news like almost 2 years ago that Apple is saving your GPS routs and that they can turn on the microphone and camera from on commend, I don't know how they kept it off the news in the U.S but the GPS part was leaked and Cydia came out with an App that delete the file and stop Apple from spying on our location, then it made it to the courts and Apple layers said that they are studying our routs so they can give us better service ( that was like a year before Apple Maps ) any way the courts made Apple stop it but nothing about the microphone and cameras was mentioned. but in the news here they also showed how the FBI busted 5 mobsters by listening and watching them plan a murder and they showed the whole thing that the FBI saw and heard. there are all kind of talk about the goverment asking Apple to build a phone that you can't take the battery out for just that reason, also the Feds or CIA will pay up to $200,000 for a good jailbreak ( Cydia paid $30,000,000 for the guys that created the 5.1.1 jailbreak, I bet they paid much more for the long awaited 6.1 jailbreak ) So nothing would surprise me when Apple name comes up!!!
Jankhankhan - February 6, 2013 at 12:59pm
I agree with Tom !! Thats fuking annoying how come your deleted contact still appear ??
iPad guy - February 6, 2013 at 12:26pm
This is bad for people that are cheating on their girlfriends or wives or simply doing some criminal shit... Otherwise a picture or video in a text message should definitely not f with your security or anything else... I mean like some information in a pictures or video put in an instant message, you shouldn't get in trouble for that... first of all your text messages are private property of yours police and other authorities should not have easy access or any access if you haven't done anything criminal!
Wow! - February 6, 2013 at 1:50pm
Wow, the prejudices of you applafanboys are simply pathetic, you would say anything in order to defend your shitty OS. What if some stalker sents you pictures of his d*** or videos while he wan** to your iScum device and you are not able to delete them? Its a security risk, a bug and a prove that Big Brother is watching you, dont try to defend that, iDiot!
wiseman - February 6, 2013 at 2:14pm
Why just men? How about women that cheating on their husband or boyfriend? Your logic is very childish and irrelevant
Really!!! - February 6, 2013 at 7:14pm
It has nothing to do with any human behavior. Stop defending apple. It's something that should have been fixed ages ago. Which takes me back to the previous article about jailbreaking, I've had more problems with iOS itself then anything jailbreak has brought. Also on top of it jailbreakers can easily remove the dormant space wasting images that act deleted but are not, that normal users have to restore there phones from a full restore point because even there backup may still have those images. It's BS!
Aris - February 6, 2013 at 9:27pm
I don't trust using my iPhone anymore. I am really conserving switching to the new galaxy.
odedo1 - February 7, 2013 at 4:10pm
I own all Apple devices and I totally agree with you and I won't defend Apple!
Tom - February 6, 2013 at 11:49am
There is another issue with messages, If you delete a contact with an iPhone that uses iMessage, if you type the name of the contact it'll still appear. It's really annoying.
Adam - February 6, 2013 at 10:58am
Boo fvcking hoo.
G - February 6, 2013 at 9:45am
Not case on 5.1.1
Mike - February 6, 2013 at 3:20pm
I've confirmed that 5.1.1 does it as well, I found pictures and videos from over a year ago still there, checked with ifile
odedo1 - February 7, 2013 at 4:13pm
there are Apps at Cydia just for those kind of things.
Mike grow up - February 9, 2013 at 7:37am
Not for 5.1.1 you F_agg*t!
Prev 2 of 2 Next