I have updated Categories today addressing some stability issues in the configuration app. Its still not perfect but it should at least run better. Hopefully sometime I will get enough time to really go through this thing.
The main issue was a pretty substantial memory leak in the configuration app. What would happen was springboard would detect a low memory state and shut the app down. The then on close, the app would respring. The respring would not have enough memory to complete and springboard would freeze up the device. I have done a lot of work on this, but there is still some smaller memory leak left. The launchers are fine so the hassle is just setting up the folders the first time. I have also removed the respring when low memory state is detected so hopefully it will prevent the freezes.
Changes in v2.23:
- Fixed issue where users behind a proxy had the app close and safari open in some cases.
- Worked on memory usage. Fixed a large memory leak. (There is still a memory leak in the configuration part of the app, but its not as big. I hope I get time to fix it in the near future).
- The iPhone 2.1 and newer froze up when trying to respring with less than 7MB RAM. - When memory got low, springboard would kill the app causing it to respring and freeze up. The respring flag should now be cleared in most cases when memory gets this low.
- The app will now detect if it gets closed due to low memory and allow you to continue your editing where you left off.
- Memory free and respring state are now in the status bar while the app is running
You can download and install Categories from the BigBoss Cydia Repository.