Updates in v3.1:
- Added support for language translations in Quick Reply.
- Quick Reply is much improved, including scrolling for long messages.
- Added ability to long press the Send button in Quick Reply to switch between Carrier and biteSMS.
- We now disable the Quick Reply Send button during the sending process.
- Added new settings icon on the conversation list screen, and removed the little blue arrow settings icon.
- Added new About > page on the settings screen, shows Version, License, Legal, Change Log, Features Help, Contacts (count), SMS Conversations (count) and Messages (count).
- Fixed smileys layout issue (only a problem for certain language translations).
- Fixed smileys issue, where if you forward a text with a smiley it thinks its an emoji (so distorts character counter).
- Fixed smileys issue, where if you enter the ASCII for a smiley like :-) then rotate the screen, it thinks its an emoji (so distorts character counter).
- Fixed the Settings->Privacy screen to automatically size the borders according to the help text (currently truncates the help text for some languages).
- Added new feature to reset the Mobile Carrier sent messages counter on a given calendar day, or to manually set it.
- Added support for calls from other applications to biteSMS via the protocol biteSMS:number1,number2,number3 etc, so that applications such as ABContacts or other Group type applications can now call biteSMS and specify multiple numbers.
- Fixed up bubble width to be like the native Apple SMS application for short multi-line texts.
- Added a Smileys setting to control if Smiley images should be shown instead of ASCII characters.
- Fixed up various bugs and minor enhancements raised in the Version 3.1 Beta release (Quick Reply blurred text / scroll bar / edgy corners with artifacts) + (auto-correct settings not displaying) + (Compose New animation now like Apple one) + (Features Help / Change Log have larger font and display a busy loading indicator) + (improved settings icon and responsiveness and animation) + (Legal button pressed state display issue) + (business name now appears when choosing from contacts list) + (when adding multiple contacts to an SMS, the last location in the Contacts screen is now remembered).
You can download BiteSMS from the BigBoss Cydia Repository.