September 28, 2022

How to Fix Push Notifications on Your 3.0 iPhone 2G

Posted July 6, 2009 at 12:23pm · 61 comments · Add Comment
Eby King
Eby King - February 5, 2010 at 7:26am
Downloaded the source but there's nothing about the Push fix there!!! Is there another place where I can find it. I badly need it! :-(
pcboy
pcboy - December 13, 2009 at 7:05am
1. Borrow any iPhone official carrier in your country (i use O2 in UK) 2. Restrore your iPhone with simcard O2 inserted 3. When iTunes asks about account setting, create a new account. Don't use backup'ed account 4. Let Apple activates your iPhone and this will register a new certificate into your iPhone 5. Install IM app (if you use app like Ping! or BuzzMe, you need to DELETE your ID and create a new one (because the Ping!/BuzzMe servers have registered your old certificate, not the new one) 6. Return the simcard to your friend and use your unallowed simcard and unlock like normal 7. Done! happy pushing!
Hypnoman
Hypnoman - November 26, 2009 at 2:24pm
I agree with Ben. This hack doesn't work. After a full day's fiddling about, using a legit SIM card (O2 here in the UK) the only way I've found to get Push working on my 3.0 iPhone 2G is to restore it properly using Apple's .ipsw file, then jailbreak using blackra1n. I haven't managed to get Push working reliably on the phone if I jailbreaked it using Pwnage Tool.
Mark.M
Mark.M - November 20, 2009 at 12:27pm
I installed this as my GPS was playing up and lost YouTube function & kept saying to connect to iTunes to allow push notifications. I've just deleted it and YouTube works again and the pop up has gone.
Ben
Ben - November 13, 2009 at 3:03am
This really needs to be removed from iClarified. This will not work for you and I will explain why without going into massive detail. This fix is nothing more than one iphone's certs/keys being shared by thousands of people. This is why it works randomly and you can get weird messages from other people. Sharing this with thousands of people are pointless and this should be removed. Every iphone and ipod needs it's own cert to have your push notifications to go to you and no one else. These push certs are generated by itunes when you activate your iphone through itunes the legit why. When you hacktivate you are not contacting the APNs (Apple Push Notification Service) servers to generate these unique keys. So if you want push to work on your jailbroken iphone you will even have to: 1. Steal/copy these certs from an ipod that was activated in itunes the normal way 2. Activate your iphone with a legit AT&T sim card to go through activation (and NOT Hactivation) to have the Apple push servers generate your unique keys/certs 3. Go to www.pushfix.info to get your own unique certs. My only option was number 3 since 1 and 2 were not an option for me. The author of the site found a way to access the Apple push servers manually to generate push certs. He has instructions how to SSH into your phone to put them on there. I did so and push works flawlessly for me and I get my own push notifications and no one else's. Unless you can figure out how to access the Apple push servers on your own to generate keys then these 3 are your ONLY options. Works like a charm will all my push apps and I love push!
Donsoleil
Donsoleil - April 11, 2010 at 9:18pm
I fully agree with you... best option for me was also (3) www.pushfix.info did magic and I am extremely HAPPY!!
fez
fez - November 6, 2010 at 2:17am
i came across this link and it fixed my "connect to itunes for push notification" issue i have a 3gs 16gb, iOS 4.0.1 its a small fix from cydia. http://ihackthatifone.com/push-notifications-fix-for-hacktivated-iphones/
Nidhi
Nidhi - November 8, 2009 at 7:03am
downloaded this on my 3gs i had to reboot got stuck on the apple logo screen so had to restore and jailbreak and unlock my phoen again ever since my batt is dying with half a day even if i am not touching my phone da batt drains out so decided to uninstall this app but cud not find it in cydia .. wht shud i do pls hel me my 3gs is just 2 days old and da batt life sucks... i can live without push notification but need a good batt life.. pls pls pls help... thank you !
Ulisses
Ulisses - October 27, 2009 at 1:37pm
I had the same problem when I upgrade from 2.2.1 rom to 3.0. The 2G phone get very hot and drain the battery very fast, making the phone unsusable. To solve this I download from https://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=750 both the iPhone1,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw rom an the iPhone1,1_3.0.1_7A400_Restore.ipsw rom. Then install the 3.0.1 using the iTunes (shift+Restore), according to tnstructions on https://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=4302. When run the program RedSn0w, point to the iPhone1,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw, and follow the instructions. ** - RedSn0w not accept the iPhone1,1_3.0.1_7A400_Restore.ipsw file but with iPhone1,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw it unlock and jailbreak the installed iPhone1,1_3.0.1_7A400_Restore.ipsw rom. After that, The 2G iPhone gets normal as it is with the 2.2.1 rom.
anielk
anielk - October 27, 2009 at 7:01am
how to uninstall this tool? as my batt is getting drained :(
Rkick07
Rkick07 - October 12, 2009 at 4:48pm
nice try but it does not work. you get other ppls im's and your pw get erased and do not stay stored. useless, it can also get you phone to stay stuck on the apple logo, happend to me several times.. not worth your time or hassle. it suxs that they got so close to making this work but never released an update with the fixes for it.
iPhoneFix
iPhoneFix - October 27, 2009 at 11:51pm
try this fix http://pushfix.info/
hawkman
hawkman - October 11, 2009 at 4:57pm
This really isn't a fix. This uses certificates from another phone, and because thousands of people are sharing the same "identity", YOU WILL GET OTHER PEOPLE'S MESSAGES, AND THEY WILL GET YOURS! It will be very unreliable for you, too, not working after your phone has been asleep for a bit. It's possible to get Push working, but you'll need access to a phone you can activate properly, to get a legitimate, unique set of certificates. The dev-team released tools which would enable you to extract these and use them on a jailbroken phone. In summary, USING THIS HACK IS NOT A GOOD IDEA.