September 30, 2022

How to Fix Sync Problems After Official 1.1.3 Soft Jailbreak

Posted January 28, 2008 at 3:35pm · 27 comments · Add Comment
berto
berto - September 4, 2008 at 1:04pm
this thing is F**K uped man dun try it i got the loop problem after trying it too. can iclarified come up with a solution or simply remove this from this website?
Abraham
Abraham - March 1, 2008 at 9:31am
DO NOT USE THIS.it bricked my i phone and i had to restore it to 1.1.3 using itunes and then unlock and jailbareak it again.
PJ
PJ - February 26, 2008 at 12:30am
I posted the thread below this one. If you get the loop that I described, download ziphone and in the "advanced features" settings, select and run "DFU Mode". Then you have to open itunes and restore to a previous firmware version. I selected the factory restore (1.1.3). The first time itunes tried to restore, it got to the very end and said it was unable to complete the update. I immediately ran the update over a second time and the second time worked like a charm. Once I was rolled back, I just ran ziphone's unlock feature and I'm back in. My sync still doesn't work, but hey, at least i have a working phone.
PJ
PJ - February 25, 2008 at 10:58pm
This Bricked my phone. It's stick in the "Edit Home Screen" Loop. I've tried everything. Restoring the phone, runningZiPhone, nothing will restore my phone. iTunes gives me an error that the phone can't be restored, and ZiPhone says that the process was successful, but it really wasnt'. When the phone reboots, it goes back to the "edit home screen" loop. Can someone please help? My unlocked phone was working perfectly before this, now I have no phone.
Nancy
Nancy - February 24, 2008 at 11:51am
BRILLIANT! THANK YOU ICLARIFIED, worked like a charm after 2 weeks of frustration.
Aaron
Aaron - February 17, 2008 at 5:21pm
This fixed my sync problem, but now my phone no longer works. No Signel, no AT&T text, no Edge icon. Thanks alot...
callisto9
callisto9 - February 14, 2008 at 12:16pm
this bricked my phone and i had to do a full restore. i'm still working through issues now. i kept getting a message about "edit home screen" and i couldn't do anything with my phone. nothing. couldn't reboot, shut down. nothing. i've restored my phone now, but i still can't sync my calendar. :(
dagamer34
dagamer34 - February 12, 2008 at 4:28am
If Installer.app is crashing right when you are about to install an application, it means your root partition is full. I really hope that you installed OpenSSH before that, otherwise you are going to need to restore and jailbreak again (I'd use the ZiPhone method instead of Soft Updating to 1.1.3, then unlock with anySIM). After you have jailbroken but BEFORE unlocking, install BossTools and check to see how much free space you have on your root partition. I had 2MB, which definitely isn't enough for a lot of apps. Unfortunately, Installer.app doesn't tell you how much space you have left (a HUGE oversight in my opinion), but you'll need to move either Fonts (86MB), Ringtones, or Applications to your media partition to gain more space. This is a permanent thing, but shouldn't mess anything up as it just creates a symlink. My phone is running fine. Hopefully this will solve your problem. Ask that Installer.app tell you how much space you have left on your root partition. This would make troubleshooting this problem a lot easier
arossi
arossi - February 8, 2008 at 11:45pm
After a 1.1.3 Official Dev update (installer) installer disappear... I need to fix my sync with itunes and installer disappear... anybody can help me?
Deki
Deki - February 6, 2008 at 5:03am
I also have the same problem. It start installing the file, Installer ends, back to normal springboard and nothing happens. Still cannot sync to iTunes.