February 28, 2024
Should Apple Embrace the Notch or Hide the Notch [Debate]

Should Apple Embrace the Notch or Hide the Notch [Debate]
Comments

Posted August 3, 2017 at 5:45pm · 19 comments · Add Comment
jahmed80
jahmed80 - August 4, 2017 at 12:02pm
Go all in bebe...!! Make everypixel shine...!!! Or they can have both available..
D4xM4Nx
D4xM4Nx - August 4, 2017 at 8:22am
Make it fully customizable ala activator with options about what to show or hide, either top or down we place it wherever we want to. Even colors of our choosing, that'll be great!!
bored123
bored123 - August 4, 2017 at 7:55am
i like #3. wouldn't mind #2 too..
KURAC
KURAC - August 4, 2017 at 12:06am
Debate? Who cares? It is already decided noone asks you
Meh
Meh - August 3, 2017 at 11:09pm
It is already decided... and it will be the trend setter. All phones will adopt the notch moving forward...
Chris
Chris - August 3, 2017 at 10:06pm
#2 should be on white phones.
Jonny+317
Jonny+317 - August 3, 2017 at 10:00pm
Please release one where the bezels are smaller/ thinner but not necesarily shaved off, leaving this stupic 'notch.' I love my white iphone 6S, and though it may look dated next to the G6 or the S8, it's still more pleasent to the eye with white. A smaller white frame around the screen would be better than a stupid eye sore notch and corresponding "endless" dsiplay (covered by my palm and fingers). You geeks may now attack my personal preference as 'wrong,' but it's about design choices that lend pleasent viewing and not eradicating the frame unnecessairly. Even fine art has a frame! There's a reason why most people have white iphones now, and even the (Red) one was realeased with a white front. Also, I don't care at all about the finger print sensor location. Face recognition should be cool. And I don't care at all about an OLED screen, especially if I have to lose 3D touch!!!
Aric
Aric - August 3, 2017 at 9:49pm
I don't think it will be any of these options. The home button doesn't need to be circular anymore. It can be a flattened retangle and save space. I think it will be similar to the 4th mock up but the bottom bezel will be thinner and and the same height as the top virtual bezel. Balanced.
Aric
Aric - August 3, 2017 at 9:52pm
Only problem is, it might be hard to tap the bottom function bar one handed. I just tried it on my iPhone 6 and my little finger kind of props up the phone when I hold it. Tapping the bottom bezel with my thumb is difficult and my little finger gets in the way.
Captain Tugwash
Captain Tugwash - August 3, 2017 at 9:37pm
My bet is on a MacBook Pro info / function bar related to what you are doing at that time at the top and similar with functions at the bottom.
asd
asd - August 3, 2017 at 9:14pm
Duscisting design, no audio jack, stick to my iphone 6 until now
Pika Pika
Pika Pika - August 3, 2017 at 8:57pm
#3
Titan3636
Titan3636 - August 3, 2017 at 7:08pm
it’ll stay black throughout the UI. Also, the home button will have the animated siri in it like on ios11 when you close Siri (also seen on the Siri button on the new Siri watch face.) Clock will be integrated as well somehow on top bar.
Titan3636
Titan3636 - August 3, 2017 at 7:13pm
To see the Siri i’m taking about on ios11 engage Siri from the lock screen but don’t say anything. After her 2nd request saying “ok I’m listening” it’ll go to the “things you can ask me” screen that changes it to what the home button will look like. Pretty awesome animation. That’s appears to be what the bottom portion of the iPhone 8 will look like.
Buddy2
Buddy2 - August 3, 2017 at 6:54pm
It will be interesting to see where Apple decides to put the time.
Marcos Paulo
Marcos Paulo - August 3, 2017 at 6:07pm
A SMARTPHONE THAT DOESN'T SHOW THE CLOCK WTF APPLE?
KURAC
KURAC - August 4, 2017 at 12:06am
Buy Apple Watch
Dave
Dave - August 3, 2017 at 5:53pm
Embrace the notch. Probably not gonna happen but I'm a damn of the second picture. Here's to hoping......
Dave