November 30, 2023

How to Downgrade your Bootloader with ZiPhone (Windows)
Comments

Posted February 13, 2008 at 11:35pm · 32 comments · Add Comment
pradip shrestha
pradip shrestha - May 29, 2009 at 11:40am
Download application in iphone there is not problem but its could not open
sudhir
sudhir - December 11, 2008 at 3:56am
how downgrade baseband 2.1,i have upgrade 2.2 and re downgrade 2.1, now phone is locked , how i downgrade baseband
wombat
wombat - February 28, 2008 at 6:23pm
...using ZiPhone 2.4 it worked just fine. Now I have Bootloader 3.9_M3S2 and Modem Firmware 04.03.13_G. The APP Baseband Info says that I have Mode iPhone 1.1 although I'm actually on 1.1.3. Guess it's the same. Everything works fine so far....... ----------------------------now waiting to upgrade to 1.1.4------------------
wombat
wombat - February 26, 2008 at 6:26pm
@iClarified: Meanwhile we are at ZiPhone GUI V 2.4....................I used the method in the previous tutorial, which did not have the option to downgrade the bootloader from 4.6 to 3.9. Now 1.1.4 is on the market.........My Q.: should those who did not use the option (as not yet available) to downgrade the bootloader in order to get to Firmware 04.03.13_G????? With 1.1.4 out it seems to make more sense now to downgrade to 3.9.....................
Dg
Dg - February 15, 2008 at 10:01pm
There are some answers / help for the questions flying around here on: http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=30238 Worth taking a look.
steve  anderson
steve anderson - February 15, 2008 at 6:41am
iclarified all went well dl to 3.9 but got no sound at all any idea mate
steve  anderson
steve anderson - February 15, 2008 at 6:36am
no souind at all any ideas
Grzegorz
Grzegorz - February 15, 2008 at 3:29am
Thx Russell :)
I did Restore in iTunes (to newest version which is atm 1.1.3)
Then did run ZiPhone 2.1: "ClickHereX4.6.bat will call Ziphone -b -j -a (Downgrades bootloader be warned, use for iphone > 1.1.2)"
But somehow iPhone screen was "Slide to emergency" aftewards. Only Bootloader downgrade was successful.
So again i run ZiPhone 2.1, now GUI, checked Activation, Jailbreak and Unlock.
In 2'30" i had fully working unlocked 1.1.3 phone :)
Sending sms to multiple users works, Google Maps located me on the map with right position, thanks to cellullar towers. So i suppose everything works fine. At last. :)
John
John - February 15, 2008 at 2:45am
What happen for those that were the GeoHot early adopters With 4.6 BL ? What happens when we try to downgrade our bootloader?
Steve anderson
Steve anderson - February 15, 2008 at 1:34am
yes I have done b option works fine
Garbageman
Garbageman - February 15, 2008 at 1:06am
Hey guys! Has anyone tryed the -b option yet for 4.6BL? Does it work right? No bricked phones? I was thinking of doing it, but i'll wait a little longer for news and updates.
YO
YO - February 14, 2008 at 6:31pm
Excellent app, I just try it on a otb 1.1.2 restored to 1.1.3 with itunes and executed the -a -j command and everything works but it remains in the emergency dial screen? I do not want to unlock it since I'm using a ATT sim card but not on an iphone plan? How can I jailbreak it and activate only? Any ideas....
steve  anderson
steve anderson - February 14, 2008 at 1:33pm
SORTED EDGE OUT IT DOES NOT WORK ON 02 PAY AS U GO SO I SET UP GPRS WORKS FINE SUMMERBORAD AUTHORS NEED TO UPDATE THERE THEME THEN THAT BE DONE CHEERS FOR ALL THE HARD WORK
Boz
Boz - February 14, 2008 at 1:25pm
re: Summerboard problem - it depends which themes you install - some work, some don't. Those that don't won't appear in the themes list and require an update from the author so that they work with 1.1.3.
Alex HQuest
Alex HQuest - February 14, 2008 at 12:14pm
What are advantages/disadvantages of each BL? Right now I'm only aware of 3.9BL is able to run 04.03.13_G BB. What else we can gain/lose by moving to 3.9BL?
steve  anderson
steve anderson - February 14, 2008 at 11:17am
so edge problem and summerboard any fixes iclarfied i have 1.1.3 with 3.9 bl (04.03.13_g now
Russell
Russell - February 14, 2008 at 11:06am
Hi " G " I also had the same problem.. Same thing, i could not use installer cuz i installed to many apps and it got pushed off the screen... But, I did a Itunes restore and went to 1.1.3 (Iphone) then when it was finished restoreing, ran ZiPhone2.0 with the -v -b command ,, and it worked perfect.. springboard now scrolls to other screens... google maps locate thing works perfect.. all installed apps work perfect....... also another older iphone my firend had that hes been trying to get working for months,, after doing all the same steps it worked perfect..... if you getting stuck at the apple logo, dont forget to put the -v -b command......... .To Zebri -- Nice work, and thank you. :)
steve anderson
steve anderson - February 14, 2008 at 10:45am
also when u download summerboard themes they dont go in summerboad theme list so were are they
steve  anderson
steve anderson - February 14, 2008 at 10:28am
TRIED AND IT WORK but........... STILL NO EDGE WORKS WITH CORRECT SETTINGS , I AM ON O2 PAY AS YOU GO WORKED BEFORE I USED THIS ALSO WI FI PASSWORD IS NEVER REMEMBERED ANY IDEAS google map work first time
Ben
Ben - February 14, 2008 at 9:45am
anyone tried this? what is the success rate?
vito0001
vito0001 - February 14, 2008 at 9:27am
Tested Ziphone 1.0 and the so called 1.2 or 2.0 on a older Iphone but results are questionable, people should read up on it a little more, wait about 2 weeks....cheers !
Ron
Ron - February 14, 2008 at 8:36am
I walked thur the steps and it didn't work...I don't think this fix has all the bugs out yet
caesar
caesar - February 14, 2008 at 6:43am
If I download my iPhone BL from 4.6 to 3.9 with ZiPhone 1.1.2 will it ever be possible to upgrade it again, in case apple launch any update that works only on BL 4.6?
G
G - February 14, 2008 at 6:14am
Hello again :) iClarified: pls explain sth to me as i deal with some problems. I unlocked 3 iPhones 1.1.2 OTB recently, week 45,46,47, so same thing. First two on last Sunday, where there was no ZiPhone, so used Your great tutorials, but time consuming. Never mind, worked great. The third iPhone i decided to unlock with ZiPhone. Was 1.0 version, but yesterday tried 2.0, same result, same problem. Unlocks indeed ok and seems fine, but! After installing some apps that do not fit on the screen, normally you can slide Springboard to "next screen", right? Then you can see rest of apps. Same on iPod Touch. So on my Touch it works ok, on iPhones unlocked via your tutorials also ok, but on third iPhone unlocked via ZiPhone, i cant slide! At first i was really unhappy, because installed many apps and Installer was moved onto other screen than first. So was no possibility to uninstall apps, and no sliding, so i could do nothing. Upgraded to 1.1.2, unlocked again and ok, apps gone. But problem still occurs. Cant slide Springboard. Confirmed by a friend of mine who also got 1.1.2 OTB and unlocked via ZiPhone. Pls, anyone, any ideas?
wombat
wombat - February 14, 2008 at 3:31am
@keets28: Sorry, being in a supported country I was not aware of the tutorial How to Add an Unsupported Country to AppSupport
wombat
wombat - February 14, 2008 at 3:21am
@keets28: here is a modified http://www.apfelei.com/uploads/hack/UIPhoneFormats.plist. It contains the numberformats for Germany, Austria and Hungary. It's a lot of work per country, that's why there's no "worldwide" solution I guess. Maybe you can use it to get your country uo and running.
keets28
keets28 - February 14, 2008 at 12:18am
i mean +++ here #### here ---- here why can't you just come up with an app for installer?
keets28
keets28 - February 14, 2008 at 12:15am
appsupport would be great if had more than just a couple number formats. i mean i don't know the right formats. could you tell me how? seems real confusing
iClarified
iClarified - February 14, 2008 at 12:10am
Why would you want iWorld. It is a hack that doesn't support proper Caller ID. Why not just use AppSupport ?
keets28
keets28 - February 14, 2008 at 12:00am
iworld for 1.1.3 that is. wtf with the hackintOsh.org site? been down all night. Javier yes that is the best way via itunes upgrade to 1.1.3 and then run ziphone 2.0 make sure you check -v
keets28
keets28 - February 13, 2008 at 11:57pm
what are the pros of dg to 3.9? besides google locate me. i would like to try this but is it worth the risk? also is anybody working on a better version of iworld? seems people need it.
Javier
Javier - February 13, 2008 at 11:43pm
Hi, I am a bit confused, why would I downgrade my bootloader if ziphone can unlock both? Also, I have a 1.1.2 Iphone unlocked with GEO method, can i upgrade to 1.1.3 via Itunes and then use Ziphone? Thanks!