November 28, 2022

How to Switch iPhone NetServices On and Off Easily

Posted March 9, 2008 at 5:33pm · 16 comments · Add Comment
chris khouri
chris khouri - May 6, 2008 at 3:23am
i use a dual sim card on both my iphone and my blackberry (both have the same number) what i need to do is be able to use the wireless network but turn off the GSM antenna on the iphone. this wld also be useful for planes that offer wifi access but where you need to turn off your gsm reception. how can i do that? thanks, ck
rockingkev
rockingkev - April 30, 2008 at 8:32pm
Can anyone hepl me..... I connect thru wifi at home very well....once out in the city or anywhere else I try to connect ,,,,it say connected but it is NOT really connected as I cannot surf or receive email. Is there a generic IP address and DNS also what about Router number. Thanks
Salva
Salva - April 14, 2008 at 11:24am
Hi again, I have the same problem taha JPO.....Every time I switch off EDGE and then go back into this application it says EDGE is on again. Any ideas? Thx
Leandro
Leandro - March 28, 2008 at 5:41pm
Worked fine for me, but it is very slow, take almost same time to set a service to ON/OFF with NetServices than to navigate on the "Original Menus". There is something to do to speed things up? iPhone 1.1.2
Nicole
Nicole - March 24, 2008 at 1:37pm
I have t mobile and im trying to set up my edge network. how do i find out what my username is?
Souljah
Souljah - March 19, 2008 at 4:39am
Nicole, am assuming you have jailbroken your iPhone? If so, first go to installer, update it if it asks you to, then under Install, scroll down to Tweaks (1.1.3) Category and install T-Mobile 1.1.3 Tzones Hack, press the home button and restart your phone. see if it works that way. Oh, its a 1.1.3 hack but the system files in 1.1.3 and 1.1.4 are almost the same so it will install it in a right place. If it doesnt work, Reset your Network Settings under Settings>General>Reset then repeat the process again. The only way to figure what your APN is by trying, if it doesnt work, its not for you :-P
nicole
nicole - March 17, 2008 at 9:14am
Ok, souljah hodo i figure out what my APN is? im i th US my firmware is 1.1.4. Thnks for all ur help so far
Souljah
Souljah - March 17, 2008 at 7:32am
Nicole, are you in the UK or US? On your iPhone, Tap Settings>General>Network>EDGE> then you can type in your APN, Username and Password. T-Mobile in UK the settings are: APN: general.t-mobile.uk Username: user Password: wap T-Mobile in US the settings are: APN: internet2.voicestream.com or internet3.voicestream.com Username: Password: *Yes ive left them blank, they are N/A Just leave blank. whats ur firmware version? there is a chance you might not be able to see EDGE under Network settings, this is caused by the type of unlocking solution you have used. Am using o2 carrier, i havent tried those APN myself, u can always find them online though. Email me at prussicsoul@hotmail.com as i only check this once in a while. hope this helped take care
NIcole
NIcole - March 16, 2008 at 2:17pm
Souljah, how do i add the settings? someone help me b/c i really wanna use my edge
Souljah
Souljah - March 13, 2008 at 7:39am
Nicole, yeah u can use t-mobile edge network, just add the settings. need more help, lemme know, or u can google