September 30, 2022
Fring Says They Are Being Blocked By Skype [Skype Denies]

Fring Says They Are Being Blocked By Skype [Skype Denies]

Posted July 12, 2010 at 4:02pm · 9 comments · Add Comment
Fred
Fred - July 13, 2010 at 2:44am
Fring not only has no encryption on your handset, but the data, including passwords, chats, conversations, files, contacts etc. all passes through the Fring company servers, and can easily be monitored by Fring and any sponsors, partners or anyone authorised to do so by Fring.
Fred
Fred - July 13, 2010 at 2:43am
Dont use Fring. it's an Israeli company. I would not trust a Software from Israel. See this Article about Fring on mathaba.net : http://www.mathaba.net/news/?x=623034 They have control over all your data, they can use it for spy intelligence. think twice before you use Fring.
Rome
Rome - July 12, 2010 at 6:25pm
If I want a decent video calling on my phone then I'm better off with the FaceTime feature on my iPhone 4 but the ability to do the same thing using 3G network to any smartphone with front facing camera then the Fring app itself is definitely a good alternative and the only app to do it so for now. Yes it's buggy however, for having the app free I think it'll be useful especially after an update to fix the issues mention above.
miguel
miguel - July 12, 2010 at 6:28pm
that is bullshit. if fring comes out with an app then they should do it properly. also it was a fraud to offer skype when they knew it was going to be banned. Fring: get skype or get away
Rome
Rome - July 12, 2010 at 8:40pm
Trial and error bud and in this case it's an error, but I'm sure more apps will be available to maximize the functionality of this new feature of the iPhone...hopefully it'll work for the other smartphone as well and not just the iPhone 4.
jay
jay - July 12, 2010 at 6:03pm
Fringe is wack anyway. I don't use skype so I could care less. But Fringe's video calling is pixelated and choppy. Kinda sucks.
Yea.
Yea. - July 12, 2010 at 5:51pm
I agree fring is some bull$hit they are damaging the Skype brand with their faulty products and false promises... down with FRING!!! Bitches!!!
miguel
miguel - July 12, 2010 at 4:27pm
i installed fring because of skype, if not solved, will uninstall it!
me
me - July 12, 2010 at 4:44pm
I am waiting for google to release a client I will ditch skype right away, and all my clients, friends and family will ditch skype too,