September 26, 2022
How to Jailbreak Your Apple TV 2G Using Greenpois0n (Mac)

How to Jailbreak Your Apple TV 2G Using Greenpois0n (Mac)

Posted February 14, 2011 at 12:18am · 13 comments · Add Comment
James
James - February 15, 2011 at 7:21pm
I tried this for ages until this worked first time - 1. Open theGreenpois0n app 2. Follow the easier instructions to boot into DFU mode here: https://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=12379 3. Click Jailbreak Done.
big
big - February 15, 2011 at 9:33pm
Super helpful. I successfully did it. I tried for a millions times before I follow this one.
Extrave1
Extrave1 - February 16, 2011 at 10:22am
Wow!! Got the j-o-b done !!! Apparently the big issue with Greenpois0n is getting DFU mode Running on the ATV 2G... Thanks !
Phil
Phil - February 15, 2011 at 4:34am
folks, for dummies. why would i need to jailbreak may atv2? i mean, are there any apps to be installed then? what is the benefit really?
magnificent3
magnificent3 - February 14, 2011 at 6:16pm
Worked like a charm! Great! Thx!
Extrave1
Extrave1 - February 14, 2011 at 3:25pm
followed all the how to yet once the jailbreak starts processing Greenpois0n i receive an error stating it Unexpectedly quit? tried this on two separate mac and still the same outcome any ideas why this would be? thank you for your help
Macslut
Macslut - February 14, 2011 at 12:35pm
Can someone tell me what step 8 is? There are tons of things to do with a jailbroken iPhone or iPod, but what do you do with a jailbroken Apple TV 2G?
Reano
Reano - February 14, 2011 at 3:34pm
I know that is possible to install other media center softwares on Apple TV, but I have no information on how well they work and if there are flaws. As you I have one and am not sure if it is worth to JB mine. If is possible to play AVI/ DIVX on Apple TV would, specially with subtitles, would be worth the try for me.
alx
alx - February 14, 2011 at 11:39am
i get to the Jailbreaking part and after a few seconds i get "Failed:(" message ?!?
Mir0n
Mir0n - February 20, 2011 at 5:42am
I had the same problem. Try this.... complete the jailbrake successfully by NOT plugging in to AC power, just connecting by USB. This worked for me! Cheers!
turim
turim - February 14, 2011 at 3:32am
Hi! Is this something I can apply on top a tethered jailbreak I´ve done with Seas0nPass earlier (also 4.2.1)? Or do I have to reinstall a fresh 4.2.1 with iTunes, and then use Greenpois0n?
boyet
boyet - February 14, 2011 at 11:56am
yes it worked for me mine was tethered before but i used the windows ver. idk if that makes a diff
abriels
abriels - February 14, 2011 at 3:45pm
Yes you can do it after jailbroken with Seasonpass.