Broken iPhone Silent Switch Bypass

Broken iPhone Silent Switch Bypass

Posted July 5, 2008 at 4:41pm by iClarified · 41 comments · Add Comment
Ben - April 17, 2009 at 5:37pm
Ok... Obviously they are not going to come out with a new bypass for the 2.0+ versions any time Soon. So here's what I did. I took a drill and a very tiny drill bit, and slowly bored out the plastic piece. I pulled the rest of the black switch out with needle nose pliers.there should be a small slot right next to the silver metal piece on the inside. Get a saftey pin and push it up. Vioula! Your sound is back! Now since you have a hole in your phone, you can either do a quick fix and cover it with some scotch tape. Or you could put jb weld or an epoxy that hardens to rock to cover it. I used the epoxy. And haven't had a problem since:-). However. You shouldn't try this unless you have a steady hand and have used drills and other tools A LOT because you could easily bore a hole into your iPhone...
R - January 14, 2010 at 1:20pm
I removed the plastic, easy to do. The switch is easy to see, it is just above center toward the top of the phone. I believe the silver cylinder to be the vibrator. Unfortunately, moving the switch for me did not fix it. I did read somewhere that a person got inside and simply cut the wires for the switch, it said the default setting is for the ring is to be "on". Haven't opened the phone to try it yet. Haven't been able to verify the default setting theory.
yaboyfoy - January 14, 2009 at 9:35pm
I was reading a comment on another page, and if the app is not working, as a last resort, you can just use a small flat head screwdriver and just completely take out the switch, and under the switch you will see where you can just switch the silent switch yourself. I did it and it works. you can take it back and forth using a paperclip or pin. You will have a hole where the switch use to be you can come up with something to put in the place of it.
katherine - April 8, 2009 at 2:34pm
how do you take the silent button completely off? my silent button broke and now it slides back and forth, but its stuck on silent? and i cant figure out how to take the whole button off. PLEASE HELPP!
kn33 - December 9, 2008 at 9:20pm
is this available for 2.2? i really need it!!!! thanks. instructions would be helpful
Notsocommon78 - May 16, 2009 at 8:52am
All I did was took the black button off and used an earing to slide it back and forth. Works fine.
Rai - November 4, 2009 at 3:13pm
You can use "Auto silent" app. it supports all iPhone generations and 2.2, 3.0, 3.1
Dan Brandon - September 24, 2008 at 3:13pm
hey dave, its dan. I dont quite understand what you want me to do because i think i followed yet my iphone is still in silent mode, it vibrates and rings with headphones in but thats about it im afraid ;l please help by installing MiVTones, was i supposed to make texting and ringign come outloud?
Ben - September 13, 2008 at 11:01pm
I tired to install the bypass software on a 1.14 but it doesn't work. Waht is the reason for that?
David Mullaney - September 7, 2008 at 8:26am
Dan, I reckon that the fix that I posted in the comments section should be all you. If you have a jailbroken iPhone, applying the fix is a trivial file copy, but you must install MiVTones for it to work, and you must use a Movie ringtone that has audio.
dan brandon - September 3, 2008 at 4:43pm
IF ANYONE can help me as i have 2.0.1 firmware and my silent mode button keeps falling onto silent and i havent heard any noise from it yet unless im changing the rintone. ive tried connecting to iClarified but it wont seem to work on the firmware. email me some help please?! much appreciated.
iPhone Packers - November 3, 2009 at 2:32pm
You can use "Auto Silent" app to disable or bypass iPhone Silent switch. If your switch was broken in silent mode, it will restore all sounds including ring. Then you can use Auto Silent app to put phone into silent mode. The app supports iPhone 2G, 3G and 3GS and OS firmware 2.2, 3.0, 3.1 This app can also be used by those people whose silent switch is loose or accidently put phone into silent mode. There is provision to put phone into silent mode automatically using pre-configured settings in the app or according to appointments in iPhone Calendar. Provision to put phone into silent mode based on timer. The phone will come out of silent mode automatically once timer goes off. Useful for people who puts phone into silent mode but forget to unmute it. Useful when you go for a movie and forget to unmute once movie is done. More info at http://iphonepackers.info The app can be downloaded through Cydia. Search for "Auto Silent" on Cydia. You neeed to jailbreak in order to install Cydia. Search for "How to jailbreak iPhone" on google.
David Mullaney - August 18, 2008 at 8:07am
Hey Ricky if you grab this file http://pownce.com/download/134141/SystemSoundBehaviour.plist and drop it into your /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Celestial.Framework/ directory, using Cyberduck or WinSCP. Then install MiVTones and enable it, then you should get the Video playing with audio as your ringtone. Hope this helps
Ricky Starling - August 18, 2008 at 7:35am
Yep, same problem as mentioned above. I have a broken Silent Switch and my phone has 2.0; and help would be greatly appreciated!
Warren - November 12, 2009 at 4:15pm
if anyone knows how to put my iphone back to ring? as it's stuck on silent and dont know how i can get my sound back at all! any help pls?
David Mullaney - August 14, 2008 at 8:02pm
Looks like the issues was with MiVTones, and not the plist fix. Updated to the latest MiVTones this AM and its working like a dream.
Prev 2 of 3 Next