September 29, 2022

How to Increase the Volume of Your 2.0.1 iPhone

Posted August 16, 2008 at 8:20pm · 39 comments · Add Comment
Daniel Cohen
Daniel Cohen - August 17, 2008 at 7:11pm
iClarified rules!!! This software is the most useful one that has been created for the IPhone! Congratulations!!!
Y-not
Y-not - August 17, 2008 at 3:02pm
Can I use this fix on my 2.0.0 phone. I know it says it is for 2.0.1 but i have not updated yet. If not is there fix for 2.0.0 or can any1 tell me where the three files are located and if sshing and changing the values manually works as well thanks
Mack
Mack - August 17, 2008 at 11:09am
Ah so I got the volume boost working, BUT, it DEACTIVATES MiVTones and causes the videotones to stop working. So, I had to uninstall Volume Boost :(
jrvs
jrvs - August 17, 2008 at 9:33am
Magnificent work, Mr.! I just reinstalled the app and everything is working -and sounding- fine. Thanks a lot. Oh and I believe that overall volume increased a bit. Still a bad sound machine either.
Grof Flek
Grof Flek - August 17, 2008 at 9:20am
Wow, excellent! It works great on my iPhone. It cam 1.1.3 OTB, and it was wildly loud out of the box. Then I upgraded to 1.1.4, and it became silent like the old iPhone i had. With this patch, everything is back to loud with 2.0.1 again!
Mack
Mack - August 17, 2008 at 9:14am
Ah I just retried installing the volume boost for 2.0.1 and it worked. Thanks iClarified! It's a great tweak. I wish it would increase the volume a bit more but it still does increase it a little. Thanks!
maz
maz - August 17, 2008 at 8:16am
Hi! All works perfect at my Pwnage 2.0.1 and 2.0.1 FW 16GB iPhone 1 generation. Except that I don´t hear any different between now when install the Increase and before. Anyone know How much louder it should be after install it???
marc
marc - August 17, 2008 at 1:21am
yes, im on 2.0.1 and i am flipping sh** thinking my phone is messed up. what should i do to fix it?
iClarified
iClarified - August 17, 2008 at 1:18am
Hey guys, are you on the 2.0.1 firmware? Like I mentioned earlier the files I have updated for this were taken from the 2.0.1 firmware. I also just updated the package to fix the DS_Store error. I notice all three of you commented right around the same time. I hope my upload didn't catch you in the middle of install :S I can confirm 100% that keyboard sound and sleep/wake sound are still present. If you unfortunately managed to catch the package in the middle of an update I would suggest a Reset Settings to repair the issue. Sorry if that was the case!
iClarified
iClarified - August 17, 2008 at 1:13am
@CrazyMex, thanks for noticing this. OSX Finder creates a hidden file in each folder that needs to be removed. The package has been updated!