January 27, 2023
Apple Releases iPhone 2.1 Firmware

Apple Releases iPhone 2.1 Firmware

Posted September 12, 2008 at 10:28am · 27 comments · Add Comment
Lyrrad
Lyrrad - September 13, 2008 at 11:50pm
Rest worked. But the lower volume on video remained.
lyrrad
lyrrad - September 13, 2008 at 6:35pm
glad I could help Kyle. Has anyone noticed a lag while filling out web forms on the device? It feels like the spell check is slowing input. Same lag when deleting text. This is making it hard to type fast. I also noticed volume is lower in video playback. I will reset the device to see if this changes. Oh, one more odd thing. Old text messages that I had deleted are back. Anyone else have this happen?
nino
nino - September 13, 2008 at 8:27am
w00p running 2.1 jailbroken with cydia and installer followed this guide: http://www.quickpwn.com/2008/09/jailbreak-iphone-21.html
Kyle Flanagan
Kyle Flanagan - September 13, 2008 at 8:02am
Lyrrad: Just updated my iPhone 2.0.2 to 2.1 through iTunes. Like you said, no issues with the unlock, and I didn't even use WinPwn 2.0.0.4. There's no Cydia or Installer but what the hell, I never used them much, so it makes no difference to me. App Store can remain on my desktop for as long as it wants, as I don't use that as well. Now waiting to see what's difference 2.1 makes over 2.0.2. Thanks for your tip earlier.
rockerzzz
rockerzzz - September 13, 2008 at 1:38am
The itunes backup still soooooo sloooooooow not much different from 2.02
nino
nino - September 12, 2008 at 7:12pm
Ni dice on the jailbreak Rambo. I get to the bit where i hit GO in quickpwn and the cmd window opens but then it closes and nothing happens :(
Rambo
Rambo - September 12, 2008 at 6:22pm
opp's here is the link http://xpwn.co.uk/2.1JBtut.txt
Rambo
Rambo - September 12, 2008 at 6:20pm
Check this out, worked for me............oh yeh!!!!!
steve anderson
steve anderson - September 12, 2008 at 5:27pm
rename it to what and were is it
alfons
alfons - September 12, 2008 at 4:38pm
>>says a file was created using a newer version of itunes and itunes will not open at all<< If you refer to the iTunes library file, just rename it and iTunes 7.7 creates a new one upon launch...