December 9, 2022
New Microsoft 'I'm a PC' Ad Airs [Watch It]

New Microsoft 'I'm a PC' Ad Airs [Watch It]

Posted September 18, 2008 at 10:33pm · 26 comments · Add Comment
Robert
Robert - September 19, 2008 at 8:10am
Lyrrad: I am well aware of this,and I don't presume to tell anyone which OS to buy. All I'm doing is questioning the effectiveness of this MS campaign, seing as how I work in marketing myself. Stealing the Apple concept in an attempt to increase the value of the MS trademark is CERTAINLY NOT the way I would go if I was in charge of MS marketing. All I'm saying is that this will not be a very effective campaign, regardless of who's OS is the best. And for the record, I'm not a Mac nor am I a PC. I'm just a guy who happens to use both of them.
Lyrrad
Lyrrad - September 19, 2008 at 7:09am
For those of you who don’t get it, let me spell it out for you, It’s all about getting our dollars, it’s not about which OS is better or who stole what from whom. The development of the cult like following is the job of the various marketing departments at Microsoft and Apple. Those of us who wave the flag and say I’m a mac or I’m a PC have bought into the marketing that has been going on for years. Bottom-line, both operating systems do the same thing, argue all you want but neither is better. Microsoft is the big guy, so he gets attacked a lot (criticism, viruses, government, etc.). Apple is the smaller guy, so he moves a bit quicker, but he’s also learning a few growth lessons (failed deployments, misrepresentation of capabilities issue, struggling to get into the corporate environment, struggling to stay proprietary and keep the hackers at bay, etc). Don’t buy into the marketing hype, but do enjoy the ride, after all its just a computer and a new and faster OS is only a day away, today its apple, tomorrow Microsoft, on and on. The marketing engine on both sides will continue to do things to build up the hype create that following, you can choose to be sheep and follow along, join a camp and wave a flag, or you can sit back and be entertained. I’m a PC, I’m a Mac, I think for myself.
Robert
Robert - September 19, 2008 at 6:20am
Oh, and another thing: Isn't it enough that Windows is a blatant copy of the Mac OS's? They have to copy their ads too?!?!?
Sean
Sean - September 19, 2008 at 6:18am
at 00:50 I am not a human Doing I am not a human Thinking (I use Windows)
Robert
Robert - September 19, 2008 at 6:12am
So what exactly is this ad trying to say? "Hi, we're all PC's, and we don't have a single original idea between us." ???? And what's this crap about "life without walls"??? What's that all about? That Bill Gates can come and check you out and register all you do, in your see-thru home without walls?? I for one like walls. They protect my privacy, whether it be house walls, or firewalls... And besides, without walls windows fall down... :)
Will
Will - September 19, 2008 at 5:42am
Well... Whats the point in denying it... But still this ads are beyond sad... i mean how much does MS pays to the marketing department... I could do something better than that for free just to stop watching them lose all dignity in this....
Khaled
Khaled - September 19, 2008 at 5:40am
OK, i just saw this and I have to say MSFT are wasting their money with this bigtime and i love it!! of course whatever they spent on this is basically the interest on the interest on the interest on their cash but hey, at least its going down the drains like their Vista and xBox lol GO MAC AND SONY!! lol
Shibi
Shibi - September 19, 2008 at 4:43am
I'm a Linux
Spencer
Spencer - September 19, 2008 at 3:48am
Use what you can. Than stfu. Both work. Both do the same thing. This isn't a religion.
cody
cody - September 19, 2008 at 3:25am
lol what an uninspired ad. who cares about all the celebrities, i feel bad for them having to use pc's. i bet they have ipods and not zunes lol.