Rip Dev Releases New Beta of Installer.app for iPhone

Rip Dev Releases New Beta of Installer.app for iPhone

Posted November 12, 2008 at 3:16pm by iClarified · 14 comments · Add Comment
Rob - November 21, 2008 at 2:25pm
@Kyle Flanagan: Unfortunately the Mac version doesn't have an option to deselect installer in QuickPwn. I hope they add this option again as Installer is a piece of crap and I always have to manually uninstall it. //Rob
BRIKZ - November 14, 2008 at 10:20am
Just the fact that the only thing this update does is "FIX ERRORS" should be enough to tell you to not install installer. It's like trying to sell an update to a car by admitting that the brakes didn't work, the wheels go flat a lot, and the engine stalls often, but this time we fixed it. Good luck installer, but ur not for me. I uncheck installer and don't install it when i jailbreak.
Kyle Flanagan - November 13, 2008 at 12:26pm
And that friggin' Kate is a beyotch. Screws up my dialer amongst other things.
Kyle Flanagan - November 13, 2008 at 12:23pm
Rob: Installer is checked by default in Quickpwn/Winpwn. You can still uncheck it during the unlock/jailbreak process. Having said that, nothing beats Cydia in 2.1. Way to go Saurik :)
Iakupo - November 13, 2008 at 11:25am
It almost bricked my iPhone, it was stuck on an infinite loop. I managed to get it back by plugging it in to my pc and running Discaid which read the file system and magically fixed it.
Rob - November 13, 2008 at 10:03am
Does anyone use Installer anymore? After every jailbreak I remove installer.app as it doesn't offer anything that cydia already have. Too bad that quickpwn doesn't give me an option to not to install installer. //Rob
2late - November 13, 2008 at 9:55am
say "goodnight" installer buh-byeeee
erturk84 - November 13, 2008 at 5:36am
dont update its too bad
Fariz - November 13, 2008 at 2:17am
Yep, this installer messed up my iphone also.... @£$K S£$T
dave - November 13, 2008 at 12:18am
it messed up my iphone... it got stuck on reebot, and know after restoring it, the apps don't show up after I synced it. really dissapointed and sad... =((( and too tired to search forums for solution...
Prev 1 of 2 Next