How to Jailbreak Your Apple TV 2G Using Seas0nPass (Mac) [5.2]

How to Jailbreak Your Apple TV 2G Using Seas0nPass (Mac) [5.2]

Ron Yanew - April 11, 2016 at 11:25pm
iTunes script keeps failing
Dragon371 - October 17, 2013 at 9:26pm
what is the latest untethered jb ver for atv2? Im stuck on the 5.2.1 tethered version. Is now available an untethered version for atv2 soft 5.2.1? Please my atv2 reboot constantly and I have to boot tethered frequently and I wanna solved that.
habshammer - October 16, 2013 at 7:24pm
Trying to JB atv2 on Mac using season pass. when creating ipsw, I keep getting "no device found". keep trying but can"t get by this point. Help would be appreciated. thanks
DL - September 9, 2013 at 12:34am
The jailbreak seems to have been successful i've done it 3x but when I connect it to my tv it's blank and the light on the ATV just blinks.
TW - November 26, 2013 at 6:16pm
Try this and start at Step 7, this worked for me
codefish46 - August 26, 2013 at 1:23am
Hi, DeAN. Sure. What's happening is OS X is asking for the security certificate now required for developers to include in their software. Seasonpass devs have ignored Apple's request, but you can still load the software-- OS X just wants you to be sure you trust the source. Make sure you are downloading the correct and most recent version of SeasonPass for operating system version. Right-click or control-click on the downloaded file and select "open" from the contextual menu that appears. The dialog window that now opens should warn you that the developer is unknown and ask you if you are sure you would like to open the app. Go ahead and open it if you downloaded it from a reliable source. (For an even more secure approach, verify the checksum of the downloaded file to make sure that it is what you think it is. This is a more advanced technique, but useful to know. You can Google to find out how to use Terminal to easily do this.) Seasonpass will open and you can now run it. -- james
DeAN - August 25, 2013 at 11:30pm
for some reason i cant open seasonpass it says its because its from an unidentified developer ? is anybody else getting this or can anybody help me out ?
ejatx - May 9, 2013 at 1:36am
So, everything was working like a charm right until the DFU mode step. I followed the instructions and got the "Found the device in DFU Mode" alert and then iTunes opened up and I got the "Restoring in Itunes Please wait while script is running" alert. Then it just stayed like that and iTunes showed no signs of working for at least ten minutes. I watched a video on what was supposed to pop up on the screen as it started installing in iTunes and nothing like that happened- the black apple in the top of the window just stayed that way. I eventually cancelled it and restored the Apple TV to normal. Any advice on what could've happened? I'm using latest versions of both iTunes and Seasonpass and Apple TV 2nd generation is running 5.2.1. Thanks.
Beej - April 25, 2013 at 7:37pm
Can anyone help me? I was able to jailbreak the aptv2 last night and then this morning i saw this update that i didn't realize i already had and then it stopped working. now i restored that aptv2 back to factory settings and every time i try to run Seas0nPass again it looks like it is working and it says complete but itunes keeps running. and then itunes finally says that the aptv2 has been restored to factory settings and it won't even turn on past the apple logo I'm on yahoo IM at redsox_gator if someone can help me
mattyj - April 29, 2013 at 5:33pm
your latest jailbreak is tethered, you need to run "boot tethered" through seas0npass
John - March 22, 2013 at 9:31pm
Well this sucks, I have no problems getting my ATV2 into DFU mode or having Seas0nPass run the script, but after all is said and done, iTunes starts the update process and then I get an error message saying "This device isn't eligible for the requested build" I've tried rebooting and trying again but the same thing just keeps happening, any idea why?
edrisi - March 23, 2013 at 11:15am
i have the same issue.. seems like apple have closed this fw!
John - March 24, 2013 at 12:19am
Yea that sucks... I dont get it tho, isn't this the latest version of the ATV2 firmware?? So how could they stop signing the latest version? Or is there a newer version of the FW out that just hasn't been jailbroken yet? And so does this now mean we have to either wait for a new fw to come out and be jailbroken before we can update our ATVs and keep our JB?
Edrisi - March 24, 2013 at 12:37am
Yes there is a new fw 5.2.1... I guss we have to waite until a new JB coms out. |:
Marc - April 18, 2013 at 5:10am
There is 5.2.1 out, and Firecore (Seas0nPass) have a TETHERED jailbreak version (meaning you have to use your USB cable to correctly boot into the main screen each time the Apple TV powers up or restarts). It's ok if your Apple TV never powers off, or doesn't crash/restart itself. Waiting for Firecore to release an UNTETHERED version. regards,
Edrisi - April 18, 2013 at 5:48am
Seems like apple TV with out the jialbreak dosent worth much :)
Luis - March 20, 2013 at 5:24pm
Will this work on ATV2 as of today? (March 20) I read yesterday that Apple was about to stop signing software? Thx