December 9, 2022
How to Jailbreak Your Apple TV 2G Using Seas0nPass (Mac) [5.2]

How to Jailbreak Your Apple TV 2G Using Seas0nPass (Mac) [5.2]

Posted February 14, 2013 at 5:20am · 46 comments · Add Comment
rp
rp - March 10, 2013 at 4:39pm
after i Jailbreak my atv2 how do i get the free stuff?
Father of Owls
Father of Owls - February 28, 2013 at 11:06am
For those getting stuck at "restoring in itunes please wait while script is running" and nothing happening in iTunes, try this: Click restore button while holding the alt-key. Navigate to and select the custom ipsw package built by Seas0npass (~/Library/Application Support/Seas0nPass/Firmware/) and let apple tv restore. I had to do this for the last two jailbreaks and it seems to work just fine.
Omri
Omri - March 28, 2013 at 8:37pm
Hey Dude regarding the downgrade i keep getting the error 'this device isnt requested build' do u know how to bybass this? ive tried all options private var host still no love do u have a video on youtube? cheers dude
Arron
Arron - February 24, 2013 at 4:30pm
iTunes is not rekonising my Apple TV I get as far as to put it in dfu mode but there's just nothing on iTunes for Apple TV help please
JassyDezigns
JassyDezigns - February 26, 2013 at 9:32pm
Try changing your MicroUSB cable. I had the same problem - but once I changed the cable it detected DFU mode and finalised the jailbreak... ... now XBMC... !
james
james - April 16, 2013 at 7:24pm
Yes, the micro USB cable can be problematic. Of three that I've tried, only one works correctly with ATV 2g.
eggster
eggster - February 21, 2013 at 9:56pm
I have an Apple Tv 2, but it keeps failing when I try to jailbreak. I had it turned off for a week will this remove the jailbreak. If so does anyone want to buy it.
Tamsir
Tamsir - February 22, 2013 at 7:38am
How much are you selling it for?
iano
iano - February 16, 2013 at 6:30pm
hi guys i have an apple tv 2 gen 4.4.4,what is the best option for the jailbreack..thanks
rram
rram - February 15, 2013 at 2:37pm
Well, just tried to jailbreak with the 5.1.1 Gave me an error " Filesystem patches failed"
jl1923
jl1923 - February 19, 2013 at 7:32pm
I am getting the same error message... Did you figure it out? Help LOL
rram
rram - February 19, 2013 at 8:08pm
Yeah. I was able to jailbreak it. it's all good now. I followed this instructions. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvlHeL4f9Ew Make sure you download 5.0.2 restore file from iclarified firmware collection. Then I downloaded the Season and nito inst from the link that was provided in the video. When running Seas0pass, it will ask it you want to update it, I did not. Not sure if it makes a difference but I kept using the same version of the Seas0pass that he provided. Also, iTunes needs to be the lower version I think. I had the error when I used the newer itunes. I went to another Mac which had a lower version. Not sure if all this made it work. But it worked. Now, I am just leaving it alone. It's good.
corebuilder
corebuilder - February 15, 2013 at 8:16am
It never prompt for UI script and sucks in files issue
rram
rram - February 14, 2013 at 5:43pm
I still have a 5.1.1 non-jailbroken ATV2. Does xbmc work on 5.1.1 version if I jailbreak using Seas0npass. If so, can I make Seas0npass not to use the 5.2 file and use the 5.1.1 file? Thanks
Tony
Tony - February 15, 2013 at 2:20am
Do you want to sell it ? I will buy it from you if you like
rram
rram - February 15, 2013 at 2:24pm
Sorry, not selling it. Just want to find out if I can jailbreak with that firmware.
Apple TV 2
Apple TV 2 - February 14, 2013 at 10:54am
why bother XBMC is not supported yet....
natural farmer
natural farmer - February 14, 2013 at 9:37am
Doesn't work for me... It says it failed to patch the filesystem... Any advice? MacBook 2007 Core2Duo with Lion.