September 26, 2022
How to Jailbreak Your Apple TV 2G Using Seas0nPass (Windows) [5.2]

How to Jailbreak Your Apple TV 2G Using Seas0nPass (Windows) [5.2]

Posted February 14, 2013 at 5:40am · 22 comments · Add Comment
Sharmere
Sharmere - August 29, 2017 at 12:22am
I have tried all these steps and my Apple TV will not go into DFU Mode I've repeatedly tried holding down the buttons etc and it will not work... But it shows up in iTunes
shanked
shanked - October 17, 2014 at 1:00pm
After I have jailbroken my device I am having issues downloading fusion and mashup. When i type the address in for both and then go on Ad-ons there are no files? can anyone please help!!!!!!!!!!!
KillerDAN
KillerDAN - August 9, 2014 at 10:55pm
Seas0nPass provides an UN-TETHERED jailbreak of the 2nd gen Apple TV running the 5.3 (iOS 6.1.4 - 10B809) software that was released on June 19th, 2013.
joseidom
joseidom - October 20, 2014 at 11:09pm
Will this work on my APPLE TV Model MD199EA running the 5.2 (6010.96) n iOS Build 6.1 (10B144B) ?
KillerDAN
KillerDAN - November 5, 2014 at 11:10pm
I believe MD199EA is ATV 3rd Gen. It will not work. As far as I know there is no available jailbreak for ATV3. My current ATV2 from the process I indicated above: root# uname -av Darwin Apple-TV 13.0.0 Darwin Kernel Version 13.0.0: Wed Feb 13 21:36:52 PST 2013; root:xnu-2107.7.55.2.2~1/RELEASE_ARM_S5L8930X AppleTV2,1 arm K66AP Darwin
Angela
Angela - January 9, 2014 at 2:17am
I am a rookie trying to jailbreak my apple tv 2 and need some help. I have Apple TV 2 version 4.3 8f455 and once I connect the Apple TV SeasOnPass it does continue to create an ISPW for this version but then "encounters a critical error" near the end when authenticating firmware signatures. When I pull up seas0npass I am left clicking and choosing version 4.3 8f455 is this incorrect? I am about 10 hours in to utube videos, different suggestions, many many tries and lots of frustration with the same outcome. Any thoughts? HELP!!!! Thanks Angela
Karrie
Karrie - January 30, 2014 at 8:00am
sounds like all you need to do is ent. dfu mode; just plug your apple tv back into you PC and push and hold the two buttons; menu and play and pause buttons for 7 full seconds, and follow the onscreen directions. do you know if you are installing a "tether" or UNtethered JB?
jcrabb
jcrabb - April 4, 2013 at 2:41am
When I launch SeasOnPass and click create IPSW it ask me to connect the Apple TV via USB port before doing anything. Once I connect the Apple TV SeasOnPass does continue to create an ISPW but encounters a critical error near the end when authenticating firmware signatures. I keep trying and I'm getting the same outcome. Any thoughts? Thanks.
Richard
Richard - April 4, 2013 at 12:27am
Help Please ... I download the latest version of seas0npass and when I go to dcreat ipsw, it automatically asks to connect the device instead of downloading the lastest firmware. It is an apple tv2 running 5.2 any advice?
Sebastian Dago
Sebastian Dago - April 3, 2013 at 1:36pm
DIdn't work for me either, my apple tv 2 har 5.2.1 (6025) Season´s dosen work . any suggestions?
Anthony
Anthony - March 18, 2013 at 6:21am
DIdn't work for me either, after i went to DFU mode it says "Season's pass doesn;t port this device"
Li
Li - April 4, 2013 at 4:39pm
same issue here. guess Seas0nPass JB has been terminated!
Karrie
Karrie - January 30, 2014 at 8:03am
I had the same error but I just went ahead with the JB and its working for me just fine?
jose
jose - March 8, 2013 at 7:23pm
it didn't work for me ... my apple tv is a model MD 199EA any suggestions?
Rob
Rob - March 29, 2013 at 6:05am
Pretty sure that's a apple tv 3...can't jailbreak those yet!
Hollywood
Hollywood - February 16, 2013 at 2:26am
Please help. I'm stuck at "Restoring in iTunes. Please wait while script is running..." Itunes just sits open but the restore process doesn't begin. I'd try using "option + restore" but I can't find the ipsw that seas0npass has created. If anyone knows of a fix or where the seasonpass ipsw is located on a mac, I'd be ever so grateful for you help. Thanks.
Vic
Vic - February 17, 2013 at 1:54pm
Hi there, open finder, press "shift+cmd+G" simultaneously, copy and paste the following path line in the pop up window and you should see the seas0npass folder with the saved ipsw files. Path Line: ~/Library/Application Support/Seas0nPass Good Luck