December 9, 2022
How to Jailbreak Your Apple TV 2G Using Seas0nPass (Windows) [5.2]

How to Jailbreak Your Apple TV 2G Using Seas0nPass (Windows) [5.2]

Posted February 14, 2013 at 5:40am · 22 comments · Add Comment
Rod Osteele
Rod Osteele - February 3, 2013 at 3:30pm
All worked fine for me until my ATV2 informed me that a software/firmware update was available for my unit. Performed the 2 step update, unit rebooted, then I was presented with the iTunes / USB cable image. Could not get any further until I did a complete restore followed by Seas0nPass process. Any way of disabling check for updates. Thank you
Koprivaqi
Koprivaqi - December 20, 2012 at 2:08pm
Hi I´m about to buy an Apple TV 2, like I understand there is not possible to Jailbreake Apple TV 3,.. so My question is which firmware has the Apple TV have to have for jailbrea´king??
kmi
kmi - October 10, 2012 at 3:11am
I don't know you call it apple tv 2 or 3. My ver is 5.0.1 and it says 720 HD. So I belive it is apple tv2. Any way I got up to itune script successfully and then my apple tv light keep flashing for long time never stop. So I disconnect from pc. Then I hook up with tv no. No JB, it is same as before. Please need some help this point. Thanks in advanced. kmi
Rob
Rob - October 3, 2012 at 3:48am
I tried this and got to the part were iTunes restores and iTunes gave me a error 3194 I think it was saying it could not restore any suggestions?
jram
jram - December 16, 2012 at 12:56pm
I bought an Apple TV 2nd gen on ebay for 100 dollars, but according to the seller, the device had a "hardware issue" and didn't work. When it arrived, the first thing I did was to crack it open and look for a burned resistor or some kind of damage in the circuit, but there wasn't any. Since I couldn't find anything, I realized maybe the problem was in the software. I then tried to restore the firmware to remove any modifications made by the previous owner and I kept getting the same error code as you. There is a file in your computer located in the following directory: C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc File name: hosts Make 2 copies of the file and place them on your desktop before you attempt this method... Modify one of them with Notepad and remove the last line(s), which are separated from the rest (the line(s) should say something like "gs.apple.com"). Save the changes and replace the original file with the one modified (after you are done, you can restore it with the other copy). You can't edit the file directly in that directory, windows won't let you. Once you do this, try restoring the firmware again and this time you shouldn't get the error. I got my Apple TV to turn on and then I jailbroke it with Seas0nPass. I never post in this kind of sites, let alone to help other people. But I spent about 6 hours struggling with that same problem. Hopefully it will help you if your Apple TV is still not working, or anyone who has the same problem and hasn't been able to fix it.