September 30, 2022
Unibody MacBook Catches Fire While Owner Sleeps

Unibody MacBook Catches Fire While Owner Sleeps

Posted May 20, 2009 at 10:26am · 11 comments · Add Comment
Ginger
Ginger - August 26, 2015 at 8:36am
Charging failure. The cables not separated enough, and it is not safe longer. From bending the cable, the wires touches eachother and cause short circuit. Expensive cost and what you become for? Some crap product, like apple....
Mr523
Mr523 - March 2, 2011 at 5:28pm
if any of you notice the fire marks spread from the bottom of the book to the top, not from the connector as it should. this is truly fake and what a waste of a macbook pro
TTT
TTT - May 24, 2009 at 4:46am
Umm looks like that was made by a lighter, cause I have my unibody, mac air, Imac and the old white macbook plugged in 24hrs a day for the last 2months well one month for the unibody the rest 2months and no heat no fire no nothing. Looks like somebody wants money.
Nick
Nick - May 24, 2009 at 1:03pm
Just because you haven't had these problems doesn't mean he's lying. If this happened to every single unibody MacBook they wouldn't be sold at all, but it could be a small problem that has affected some. I've had my unibody MacBook for three months now and I leave it plugged in all the time, but that doesn't mean it couldn't happen. I'm wondering if this has happened to other people besides this guy.
Mr. Jennings
Mr. Jennings - May 21, 2009 at 7:45am
I have had this happen to me 5 times. I am now on my 6th Powerbook charger and am sick of forking out almost 100 euro each time it happens. I have been lucky that i havent been asleep any time this has happened, even though it could quite easily have happened. Apple know that these chargers overheat and that the shoddy plastic insulation is crap. Im sick of Apple at this stage, adn im an avid user of their products, turns out theres a fault on my logic board that apple knew about, 800 euro to replace!!. I dont know if apple know Irish Law, sale of goods and supply of services act... they know about these faults, so hence the item description of what was purchases wasnt what was gotten. I could demand a new laptop from Apple under Irish Legislation, as the fault was in manufacturing and I never received what i had considered to buy. "Offer" Consideration" and "Acceptance".
macfightclub
macfightclub - May 20, 2009 at 7:02pm
i don't belive it is burned too low and plastic cord its intact, the first thing that burns is plastic not alumium it seems to be made with a lighter
Ken Brinkman
Ken Brinkman - May 21, 2009 at 3:14am
this is my computer, the fire on the bottom is from paper which was on my desk also on fire.
ATTNCK
ATTNCK - May 20, 2009 at 3:38pm
Forget Car Bombs, just send someone a MacBook :P I suggest attaching a smoke alarm to your laptop for safety.
rick
rick - May 20, 2009 at 12:29pm
you should never leave a laptop pluged in at night . its still very wird that that one caught on fire cuz i have mine plugged in everyday for 8 hours while im at work and it does not even heat up a bit. he had to have some kind of particles inside of the magsafe then it shorted out . there has to be an explanation for this. other than blaming it on the mac.
haha
haha - May 20, 2009 at 6:35pm
o yeah we definitely cant blame it on the mac, it must be the stupid human, macs are perfect.... hahaha APPLE = EPIC FAIL
Nick
Nick - May 20, 2009 at 10:36am
I'll be sure to never leave my unibody macbook on when I'm not at home or sleeping!
You must login or register to add a comment...
Add Comment
Would you like to be notified when someone replies or adds a new comment?
Yes (All Threads)
Yes (This Thread Only)
No