March 28, 2023
Snapture Makes Its Way From Cydia to the App Store

Snapture Makes Its Way From Cydia to the App Store
Comments

Posted September 21, 2009 at 1:25pm · 12 comments · Add Comment
Jay
Jay - September 21, 2009 at 1:34pm
I looked and looked in the iTunes store, no Snapture. Must of been pulled already?
DrMarkus
DrMarkus - September 21, 2009 at 1:48pm
Search for 'Snapture Camera' or use this: http://linktoapp/snapture
Brian
Brian - September 21, 2009 at 1:50pm
Its there now. By the way so what will happen for all of us that have bought it one time already? I am guessing we will be screwed into buying it again.
zozodouce
zozodouce - September 21, 2009 at 1:52pm
it's there just clik on the link above read more and it will take you to it.
Snapture Labs
Snapture Labs - September 21, 2009 at 2:00pm
Brian, please contact us at info@snapturelabs.com.
Brian
Brian - September 21, 2009 at 2:24pm
I really didn't mean to sound harsh in that comment about screwing into buying it again. I just felt that because Apple was now involved it would be impossible for us.
Krod
Krod - September 22, 2009 at 12:04am
Hey Brian, I was wondering the same thing. I purchased it on cydia and what now? Hopefully we will not have to buy it again. It's an awsome app, love it.
Steve
Steve - September 22, 2009 at 1:27am
Seems the power of the big buck has lured Snapture away from the life of the underworld of the jailbreak. Once apon a time they sang the praises of freedom of expression and 3rd party apps now they have joined the big boys and guess what it only works if you have firmware update 3.1 which at this point cant be jailbroken. What about all us who paid twice for snapture when we upgraded to 3GS iPhones Snapture did we get a refund and now you want to charge us again for the pleasure. I hope your greed befouls you.
jigme
jigme - September 22, 2009 at 4:52am
kinda hasty, there, Steve... Snapture Labs have said to contact them (see their reply to Brian above), which i've done. let's see what they say - we've no reason yet to believe that they won't honour their existing customers' licences. i'll report back when i get a reply from them!
DNA
DNA - September 22, 2009 at 10:11am
@Steve: While there may be no Jailbreak for the 3.1 Firmware on the iPhone 3GS, there is a Jailbreak for the 3.1 Firmware on the iPhone 2G & 3G. Just wanted to clear that up for other readers as well as yourself. I'm glad I didn't buy a 3GS, they may be faster, but they aren't the iPhone to own if you want to Jailbreak & Unlock. The 3GS is in a Maximum Security Prison and Apple is the Warden. Breaking out is going to be harder then ever.
Chris
Chris - September 22, 2009 at 2:03pm
I have a 3gS (jailbroken) and i have not had problems getting any apps/games I could want. I know I am at 3.0 but it hasn't stopped me yet...Just wondering if you already bought it twice, why would you need to buy it again?? If you deleated it just download and save to your computer!! ;)
Brian
Brian - September 22, 2009 at 3:03pm
Because the latest version that was released through Cydia does not work on the 3.1 firmware. It would open but it would never have an image of what is being viewed through the camera lens.