February 4, 2023
Apple Stops Selling AirPort Wireless Routers

Apple Stops Selling AirPort Wireless Routers

Posted November 17, 2018 at 8:06pm · 18 comments · Add Comment
zetaprime
zetaprime - November 19, 2018 at 6:18pm
I’ve had an Airport Express for years and have several drives connected to it. I’ve been quite satisfied and can’t imagine why Apple would give up on a good product like that. I’ll keep my Airport till it stops working.
D4xM4Nx
D4xM4Nx - November 18, 2018 at 10:39am
Not new, yet sad news unfortunately...
joshWUa.
joshWUa. - November 17, 2018 at 8:13pm
Because they were garbage
joeyxxl
joeyxxl - November 17, 2018 at 9:12pm
Naw they’re great! Have a TC and Express and they’ve been amazing for almost a decade!
Mister X
Mister X - November 18, 2018 at 12:16am
That’s because you don’t know about greater speeds (AC) and more range. The only good thing about their routers was the line out jack. Other than that, they were a complete waste of cash.
PaulieP
PaulieP - November 18, 2018 at 5:34am
You must not really know much about routers. They had one of the best router is on the market. They did do AC and more. It’s unfortunate That Apple is stepping out of the router business. They really had one of the best easiest routers to set up and it was really secure. Rarely ever needed to be restarted. RIP apple airport devices
Mister X
Mister X - November 18, 2018 at 11:33am
So for you a great router is one that doesn’t require a restart, it doesn’t matter that the range or options (like IPv6 and other features that are standard nowadays) in the firmware are extremely limited.. or if it barely has a working AC bandwidth with anything that isn’t an Apple device. Oh and I guess you’re completely fine with having obsolete hardware from 2013. Yep, typical Apple customer. Let me guess, the new iPad that’s like cardboard is also a great device, right?
Juggernaut
Juggernaut - November 18, 2018 at 3:24pm
You, my dear sir, have absolutely no clue what you’re talking about. Get informed before venting your colored opinion.
PaulieP
PaulieP - November 18, 2018 at 9:34pm
You really have no idea about Apple routers or routers in general. If you’re using those points which are using wrong to compare Apple to the rest of the router market, you are an imbecile. Good luck with that buddy
Mister X
Mister X - November 19, 2018 at 12:36am
So your well educated “debate” points are actually ad hominem exemplay behavior. And mine are crap, because range, transmit power and IPv6 aren’t decent things to ask for in 2018. Yep, typical Apple users. BTW, I’ve been modding and recovering routers with custom firmware and hardware mods for more than 15 years, but you definitely know better, indeed. Please, swear at me some more, show me your superiority and endless knowledge about that elite 2013 hardware.
hamood_d10
hamood_d10 - November 19, 2018 at 3:50am
Agreed with you, i like iphones I hate android phone ALL but apple is sh*tty and fall behind. I use asus rog ac5300 its far better than the apple sh*tty router, i sold it to a friend lol
PaulieP
PaulieP - November 19, 2018 at 5:09pm
You must be a very lonely individual the way that you communicate. Like a program and you still have no idea about routers. I still have no idea about Apple. Yes, you are still in imbecile in my eyes. Just because you think you’re smart does not mean you are Bucko
Mister X
Mister X - November 20, 2018 at 2:19am
Paulie strikes again with that ad hominem and overall superiority. Actual arguments are still MIA, but who cares about that when you can just throw a tantrum, such a suitable thing wheon one’s named like a toddler. Let us all bow to him.
PaulieP
PaulieP - November 20, 2018 at 8:10am
Yes, now you feeble being. Haters gonna hate and you sir are a hater who is trying to speak eloquently. Hahaha your comments are as funny as how much money Apple and stock holders like myself are making compared to you android robots. Hahaha
Mister X
Mister X - November 21, 2018 at 1:42am
Asaumptions, not just mindless swearing. Keep on making that cash while practicing coprophagy in comments.
Mister X
Mister X - November 21, 2018 at 1:51am
P.S.: I have an iPhone, had also a 3G, 4, 5 and 6. Still, I’m not a mindless asskisser. But hey, what would the world be without fanatics?
PaulieP
PaulieP - November 21, 2018 at 9:56am
Keep. Using and hating yourself for buying the products you hate. Wow such hate you harbor in your head and heart. I’ll keep making money off the stock when you hate and buy more stuff. Haha bucko
Mister X
Mister X - November 21, 2018 at 1:23pm
Tell us more of your success while you continue the virtual asslicking.