How to Unlock 1.1.4 and Downgrade to 3.9-fakeblank iPhone Bootloader (Mac)

How to Unlock 1.1.4 and Downgrade to 3.9-fakeblank iPhone Bootloader (Mac)

dt - March 29, 2008 at 2:46pm
One word: ZiPhone Two words: It works. I will go back to laughing now.
Michalis - March 29, 2008 at 2:35pm
Sorry, adding the problem again in case you cannot find the original post: How do I get iTunes to recognise my iPhone again. After attempting to run iplus but something happened because it never finalized the scrip, iTunes says a resource is missing and therefore cannot reinstall 1.1.4 Stuck now with an iPhone with a screen showing the Apple logo and the revolving install logo. Can\'t reboot. Can\'t revoke. Can\'t do anything. Tried holding in Sleep/Wake and Back buttons screen goes black. After a few seconds I get is a red field at top and bottom of screen with aviega iPlus 2.0 etc etc. But then I am back at the same screen I started with. Rerunning the install scrip does not seem to overwrite either. HELP anyone?
Michalis - March 29, 2008 at 2:30pm
Exactly the same problem as Tordelf !! I am really stuck now and dont know what to do! Tordelf, did you find any answer?? Please HELP
L\'aura - March 25, 2008 at 12:48am
Just wanted to add another positive (when I was researching the method I would use to unlock, activate, and jailbreak I would get nervous seeing all the negatives so I\'m posting to offer a little reassurance). I just used iPlus on two iPhones. The longest part was downloading the restore package via iTunes. After that it was literally 11 minutes each and I was plugging my T-Mobile SIM card in. I restored to 1.1.4 (even though otb they already were 1.1.4 - just wanted to be safe). The restore was the hardest part to figure out - didn\'t realize I had to do something special on the phone (FYI to those like me - you have to plug the phone into the computer with iTunes running and even if iTunes recognizes the phone press and hold the HOME and POWER buttons, after 10 seconds let go of the POWER button, but keep holding HOME until iTunes says it detects an iPhone that needs to be restored). Once the restore was complete (just took a couple minutes after the 15 minute download - much faster on the second phone), then I did like the instructions said and ran the command with -u and 11 minutes later I was in! I\'ve surfed the net and made some phone calls and as I type this I\'m waiting for iTunes to finish syncing my music and movies. WOO HOO! Thanks SO much to all you great coders out there - I\'m envious to the nth degree and just as appreciative!
Dj spy - March 22, 2008 at 10:49am
ok .. i did it ... and nothing happened ..
Trevor - March 21, 2008 at 12:19am
Here\'s another option I found on the Apple Forums. Again, enter it into Terminal on the iPhone. chmod u+s /System/Library/PreferenceBundles/MobileMailSettings.bundle/MobileMailSettings
dj Spy - March 20, 2008 at 8:51pm
Hey Trevor ... i tried it .. and it didnt work .. i\'m honestly beginning to give up ... i even tried the mail fixes . and still no progress
Peter - March 20, 2008 at 8:46pm
I have same problem as Nick. my brick has no wifi, no imei, no modem.. Please help me...
Trevor - March 18, 2008 at 7:36pm
@ Dj Spy Mail crashing? Launch the Terminal on the iPhone and enter: chown -R mobile /var/mobile/Library/Mail I was having the same problem and found this on a hackthatphone forum. It worked for me. Good Luck!
xocas - March 17, 2008 at 2:57pm
I\'m 1.1.2 OTB unlocked with independence. Uptadted to 1.1.3 and unlocked with Ziphone. Updated to .1.1.4 with iTunes 7.6 and unlocked with Independence 1.4Beta5. Everything works fine except the INSTALLER: I loaded it with Independence but when I try to install or uninstall something, I find the error: \"main script execution failed!\". Please help! Any Ideas? I did use Independence to unlock 1.1.4 because I did not want to dowgrade the baseband. Thanks!!!!!