October 4, 2022
Write Complaint E-mail to AT&T CEO, Get Threatened With Cease and Desist

Write Complaint E-mail to AT&T CEO, Get Threatened With Cease and Desist

Posted June 2, 2010 at 9:56pm · 21 comments · Add Comment
peter r jr
peter r jr - June 6, 2010 at 10:16am
To everyone who may have been misinformed regarding proposed changes to their unlimited data plans with at&t regarding their iPhone and smart phones in general, I just spoke with a customer service rep at at&t who read to me verbatim their policy regarding upgrading from both 3G & 3GS iPhones to the coming 4G in June and it stated that anyone with an existing unlimited plan will be able to upgrade to the new 4G without losing their current unlimited data plan but I would recommend that you confirm prior to any potential upgrade- as a precaution and call 611on your at&t phone just like I did to confirm
Nick
Nick - June 3, 2010 at 9:18am
I'm pissed that they are activating this new plan right before the new iPhone is going to be released. Sure we could stay on the current unlimited plan that we are on, but for those of us who want to upgrade to the new iPhone are faced with a huge problem of either having the phone and dealing with the limited plan or not getting the new iPhone and sticking with unlimited. AT&T just made my decision to switch to Verizon when they get the iPhone so much easier. Way to fuck over your customers AT&T! Go suck a fat one!
Dirk
Dirk - June 3, 2010 at 11:12am
I read here that you can "grandfather in" your unlimited plan if you are an existing customer, even if you buy the new iPhone: http://www.macrumors.com/2010/06/02/atandt-iphone-customers-can-keep-unlimited-data-plan-for-next-iphone/
Nick
Nick - June 3, 2010 at 11:31am
Thanks so much for the link Dirk!!! I can now breathe easy if they will allow me to keep my unlimited plan as long as I want, especially because I'm definitely upgrading and getting the new iPhone when it comes out in a few weeks.
None
None - June 3, 2010 at 7:05am
I would even not pay 12$/ hour for this student
mz
mz - June 3, 2010 at 3:52am
i said it before...ill say it again...and you all have said it before...and you can say it again....FUCK AT&T!!!!!! No really....FFFUUUCCCKKK AAATTT&&&TTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the $350 i spend to cancel my contract will be the best $350 ive ever spent in my life....PEACE
Robert Johnson
Robert Johnson - June 3, 2010 at 2:13am
If you think ATT is bad you should try Rogers is Canada I have done business with a company that is determined that you not use their services as much as Rogers. As soon as I can switch I will!
timmey
timmey - June 2, 2010 at 11:53pm
On what grounds can they order a C&D he didnt threaten them (unless you count the threat to leave att after his contract is up) he isnt causing the company financial harm hes just using his right to protest
Gustavo
Gustavo - June 2, 2010 at 11:28pm
Hummm 2 words for AT&T jailbreak and unlock software in that way you can use your phone in any company.
Kingsford
Kingsford - June 3, 2010 at 10:03am
Thats 4 words.
Dirk
Dirk - June 3, 2010 at 11:14am
problem is, in the U.S. you can really only use the iPhone on AT&T, even if you unlock, because the only other GSM carrier is T-mobile, and their 3G service operates on a different frequency than the iPhone, so you're stuck on EDGE there.
samK
samK - June 2, 2010 at 10:39pm
at&t is a piece of crap without apple.
Me
Me - June 2, 2010 at 10:30pm
Personally, I just think that AT&T is trying to get all of the people that abuse the data usage to go leave AT&T. I think its a great plan! The only people that are bitching are the ones that seem to be tethering their phones or are constantly downloading things. The phone has the capability to connect to wifi for a reason. You guys abuse the network so AT&T's new data plan is just a bi-product of your greediness.
me2
me2 - June 2, 2010 at 10:41pm
ok what about the people in underdeveloped areas that only have att as the option for internet anything and actually use it for more than checking emails like you probably do? download some games on your iphone that require internet, play for 2 weeks and tell us your usage.. the reason everyone is pissed is bcuz apple released the 3g under the assumption that an unlimited data plan but now ATT is fucking us yet again bcuz the bastards cant let anyone have what they want and they want their customers pissed
anon
anon - June 2, 2010 at 11:30pm
here's the deal , fanboy. don't make a communications company and offer service if your infrastructure cannot handle the stress. that's basic business. i realise your head is so far up apple's asshole to grasp this, but it's a shoddy business model that's only going to work against them. So far Verizon doesn't seem to have this problem.
Brian
Brian - June 3, 2010 at 12:16am
I don't have WIFI at work, I bought the iPhone and plan on using data that I pay for. I listen to talk shows while at work over my iPhone and it make me go over 2gigs sometimes. If I'm at home I use WIFI but I don't go sit at Starbucks and book stores so I can use WIFI that's not why I got a data plan that was called unlimited. Who wants to pay $30 and pay $50 at home for internet and have to watch how you use it. Why let you do data hog things over the 3G network if you really can't use it. I agree tethering should cost more but it should also come with more data on your plan too. But to anon I don't know why he's up Apples ***** if it's AT&T's plan, why is he a fanboy. I'm sure Apple would love us to download as much as possible from them, but AT&T wanted to deal with Apple unlike Verison and that's what we have to deal with for now.
Tom
Tom - June 3, 2010 at 1:16am
The new plans don't really effect the heavy data users....they can just keep their $30 plans, don't see what the problem is. Yeah the 2 gig/month plan sucks, then just stay on the $30/month plan. I would think those who want an iphone would've got one by now and be on the $30/month unlimited plan, so this really just sucks for those who will buy the new iphone with the new restricted plans.
tung
tung - June 3, 2010 at 2:34am
well if you say unlimited and im paying at@t for unlimited i should be able to abuse it all I please. I am paying for the service .. its not like im getting it for free
benjamin
benjamin - June 3, 2010 at 3:02am
I completely agree, verizon got into a legal debackle over the use of the word "unlimited" since the definition of the word mean NO LIMIT. Verizon and At&t have been soft caps until now, for people unlike myself who got letters warning that we better slow down the data usage or face cancellation. This could land At&t in court over their usage of the word "unlimited"
Dan
Dan - June 2, 2010 at 10:19pm
Is there a common school where all these "CEO's" in the US have graduated from? I feel as if I am having a bad dream from which I desperately want to wake up. GREEDY BASTARDS!!!