October 5, 2022
Steve Jobs on iPhone 4 Reception: 'Avoid Holding It In That Way'

Steve Jobs on iPhone 4 Reception: 'Avoid Holding It In That Way'

Posted June 24, 2010 at 9:15pm · 30 comments · Add Comment
Virtual-Oz
Virtual-Oz - June 25, 2010 at 7:53pm
Listen to the glorious words of our all master! Thanks Mr Jobs - I always thought it was MY fault! And now here I have the proof - it's my hands! Sorry to ever doubt any Apple product. I will really chastise myself well tonight. Hail Apple! Hail Apple!
Nick
Nick - June 25, 2010 at 9:49am
One thing I always recommend to people after buying a new iPhone, especially when upgrading to a newer iPhone, NEVER RESTORE YOUR BACKUPS FROM THE OLD IPHONE. I've seen so many problems on the iPhone from restoring backups from previous models to the newest model, and even sometimes when you reinstall and restore the backup to the same phone. Sometimes it's just better to start from scratch, so if you are having problems, I would try restoring the firmware and DO NOT restore your iPhone backup.
Name
Name - June 25, 2010 at 6:30pm
Start from scratch every time?! You must have a ton of time on your hands. Also, monk like patience.
AGR
AGR - June 25, 2010 at 11:24pm
wow... to that ONCE A YEAR, that indeed is a herculean task.
ernstlustig
ernstlustig - June 26, 2010 at 10:33am
Do you love your iPhone or not?
boreddrummer
boreddrummer - June 25, 2010 at 9:08am
Mike
Mike - June 25, 2010 at 8:52am
I set mine up as a new phone did not use backup of my jailbroke 3gs and have five bars of signal. I can touch the phone all over and I don't lose one bar. Have not tried it away from the house yet.
Kaveh
Kaveh - June 25, 2010 at 6:37am
ridiculously stupid
zelle
zelle - June 25, 2010 at 3:47am
Please tell me you all don't seriously think Steve Jobs has time to respond to random personal emails. He obviously has someone to check his emails for him. Blame that person for the response.
turim
turim - June 25, 2010 at 3:43am
It has happened before, and it happens all the time: Design and construction isn´t always in the best of symbiosis... Someone should get back to the drawing board and make things right for the next revision. How about the main antenna on the top? Or does that warm your ear and brain too much? Hope for a fix in the future, because I want an iPhone 4...
Jethro
Jethro - June 25, 2010 at 3:41am
That was dumb on Jobs' part, customers will not be happy I know that!
Sebbo
Sebbo - June 25, 2010 at 2:37am
Profit and greed before proper UAT, you Could probably blame the analysts for putting too much commercial pressure on share price & company performance. Then again Steve and the board should know better, back to my 1st point
Andrew
Andrew - June 25, 2010 at 1:20am
Patient: "doctor my arm hurts when I do this, what do you suggest"? Doctor:"don't do this" :)