September 29, 2022
A5 Jailbreak for iPhone 4S and iPad 2 Has Been Released!

A5 Jailbreak for iPhone 4S and iPad 2 Has Been Released!

Posted January 20, 2012 at 5:00pm · 107 comments · Add Comment
Gianca Carlo
Gianca Carlo - August 8, 2013 at 5:47pm
My ipad 3 is stuck on the apple logo. There is 6.1.3 on it and whenever I try to restore I get -1 error at the baseband upgrade trial. Help pleaseeeee
Tarkan
Tarkan - January 22, 2012 at 7:38pm
Do not install the new jailbreak for 4s it has unforseen bugs an stuffs up the iphone, wait for future updates. And cydia apps an tweaks not all work an further corrupt the iphone again. After jb install iphone screen shows ants an colorful messed up starup screen, safari doesn't work an so on.
Tarkan
Tarkan - January 22, 2012 at 7:40pm
Follow me on tweeter. @styak4
Tarkan
Tarkan - January 22, 2012 at 7:41pm
Follow me on twitter. @styak4
Soufiane
Soufiane - January 22, 2012 at 3:43pm
Can someone tell me why should I jailbreak? Looking for the pros here thank you :) (please don't talk about cool transistion or cool way to unlock...)
x86tech
x86tech - January 23, 2012 at 1:24pm
You may not really need a jailbreak if you're happy with the way your device work. possible unlock, tweaks probably.
Marwan
Marwan - January 22, 2012 at 11:58am
does anyone if the jailbreak will bypass the activation of the phone using a valid sim! because when i jb my 3G it did.. will it work on 4S ? anyone tried it ? thanks
x86tech
x86tech - January 23, 2012 at 1:21pm
It will not bypass the activation. Anyway, you should have already activated, prior to jailbreaking, using the valid SIM.
Jenius
Jenius - January 22, 2012 at 8:58am
I don`t know if someone else have got this issue, I guess that I`ve got some troubles with downloading speed via wifi. Installous is downloading apps with 13kb/s. Is there any possible ways to solve this issue? Safari and Youtube apps works well.
Temp23
Temp23 - January 22, 2012 at 7:16am
So I jailbroke using windows clu to jailbreak and it put cydia on my iPhone 4s, so I reset all setting so I could restore from iCloud and now when I press on cydia it launches and closes right away nothing I do works, I tried to restore on my computer but it says that it cannot connect so server or whatever, my hosts on my computer doesnt have the "gs.apple" or anything, i ran a diognostic on itunes and it said that it doesnt have a secure connection to itunes..I tried a different computer but its dead now so i have to use this one that wont connect to itunes it connects to the internet and firewalls are off any ideas?
Chris J
Chris J - January 22, 2012 at 1:27am
Hey guys. I have been trying to use the jailbreak all day. When I click the jailbreak button, Absinthe recognizes my phone but hangs up at the beginning "beginning jailbreak". I have tried it also with another iPhone 4s and it does the same thing. Does anyone know what might be happening?
Foesany1 know
Foesany1 know - January 21, 2012 at 6:57pm
Do any of you know if apple genius bar gives unlocked 3gs? Because i took my 3gs that was on 6.15 and switched it at the apple store. It wasn't working so they just replaced it when i got home i activated it with an att sim and than put in a tmobile sim and it worked. But when at first i tried to activate with a tmobile sim it said enter a valid sim so i did the att sim and plugged in tmobile sim and it worked. Is that a factory unlocked iphone?
grrnmo
grrnmo - January 21, 2012 at 5:19pm
2 Questions: 1) If I applied the JB while at iOS 5.0, how do I then upgrade to 5.0.1 after it has been jailbroken? 2) Apps running in 1/4 screen....there are certain Cydia apps that, once they are installed, make everything run in 1/4 screen with virtually no way to control them....they have to then be deleted from safe mode - is there a way to get around this?
x86tech
x86tech - January 23, 2012 at 1:37pm
1) Just restore and upgrade to 5.0.1 normally on iTunes then re-jailbreak. 2) Which "certain Cydia apps" causing it?
damt
damt - January 21, 2012 at 5:17pm
I meant ( I coud not get Cydia )