July 13, 2024
Demand For Next Generation iPhone Is at an All Time High

Demand For Next Generation iPhone Is at an All Time High

Posted July 23, 2012 at 7:26pm by iClarified
The demand for Apple's next iPhone is at an "unprecedented level," according to a new survey from ChangeWave. The company, which surveyed more 4000 consumers in une found that 14% said they were very likely to buy the next iPhone and 17% said they were somewhat likely to buy it. Total those up, and about one third of consumers say they will likely buy the next generation iPhone.

The demand for this iPhone is much higher than previous generations. Last year's 4S brought in 10% of users very likely to purchase, and 11.5% somewhat likely to purchase. That totals to 21.5%, while the next generation iPhone is around 31%.

Current surveys show that there is enough demand to make this Apple's best selling phone yet.


via



Add Comment
Would you like to be notified when someone replies or adds a new comment?
Yes (All Threads)
Yes (This Thread Only)
No
iClarified Icon
Notifications
Would you like to be notified when we post a new Apple news article or tutorial?
Yes
No
Comments (11)
You must login or register to add a comment...
rudyy
rudyy - July 24, 2012 at 7:54pm
I look forward to the next iPhone model.
NoGoodNick
NoGoodNick - July 24, 2012 at 2:01pm
Just bought the iPhone 5 from someone who found it in a bar. It's not that cool.
Marinero
Marinero - July 24, 2012 at 3:49am
It looks like ISHEEPS are ready. New feature Siri 2 Two millimeters thinner. Wow! New metal frame lighter than a feather. Wow!
tdtran1025
tdtran1025 - July 24, 2012 at 12:39am
That 17% includes some Android users like myself. There might another category the survey failed to discern: hardcore Android users that refused to answer or put a mark in the very unlikely, but quietly buy an iPhone to check out the level of details they wish their Phones have. I feel for them because in this landof subsidies, all new smart phones are subsidized at $199. It's like choosing a Mustang over the Mercedes-Benz for the same price.
toomuchkush
toomuchkush - July 24, 2012 at 12:26am
i have the iphone, and love it....but i call bs on all this hype apple always creates. They have the supply, but they just hold it back...
xoleras
xoleras - July 23, 2012 at 8:51pm
go get ur meds Emilio
xoleras
xoleras - July 23, 2012 at 8:50pm
and I hope for their sakes that they come up with some kick ass design or they will suffer a major blow in sales. This coming from an apple fanboy that got fed up with their shit and went with a galaxy s3.
Prince
Prince - July 23, 2012 at 9:39pm
I feel ya 100% Im a big time fan as well with multiple apple devices. I went out and got the galaxy note with every intention of returning it within my 30 day return window. Lord behold 2 weeks later i couldn't believe how great the the phone was. All apple have to do is increase the screen to compete with the galaxy s3 at least and ill be in line for the next phone. But if not, ive found my new handset for the time being. My Samsung phone is a great device hands down, and after 5 years apple finally has some strong competition on the phone front. Those who don't think so CLEARLY have not tried the S3 or the G-note period. All this coming from a guy who has bought iPhones as gifts and for family and friends over the years!
NoGoodNick
NoGoodNick - July 23, 2012 at 8:24pm
Most people want a new design when purchasing something so expensive. They also want to make sure that people know they have the newest device. It's not rocket science to think that so few people wanted the 4S because it didn't change much. This is a stupid article.
NoGoodNick
NoGoodNick - July 24, 2012 at 12:48am
That's hardly true. The 4S set sales record, rather than achieving "disappointing sales". People are sun 'Fan Boys' of Apple, not because they want to be seen with it, but because they have an amazing reputation for both quality and innovation. While Android phones can match the specs, they fall behind in the other categories.
NoGoodNick
NoGoodNick - July 23, 2012 at 8:21pm
Really!? Wow
Recent. Read the latest Apple News.
RECENT
Tutorials. Help is here.
TUTORIALS
Where to Download macOS Monterey
Where to Download macOS Ventura
AppleTV Firmware Download Locations
Where To Download iPad Firmware Files From
Where To Download iPhone Firmware Files From
Deals. Save on Apple devices and accessories.
DEALS