InfoWorld Says Relying on Jailbroken iPhone is 'Idiotic'

InfoWorld Says Relying on Jailbroken iPhone is 'Idiotic'

Posted December 8, 2008 at 6:05pm by iClarified · 21 comments · Add Comment
jeff - June 8, 2009 at 2:23am
i think it's good! http://www.laptop-batteries.net.au http://www.batteriescenter.co.uk http://www.camera-battery.co.uk
liu zillion - April 28, 2009 at 6:03am
good airticle! ------------------------------- http://www.usa-batteries.com/laptop/apple-12-battery.htm
JeremyR - December 10, 2008 at 10:03am
@HS: I agree with everything you said except for your point not to jailbreak if you need a corporate tool. IThe iPhone, out-of-the-box, is absolutely NOT a corporate tool. I'm an IT/business user and I can state without equivocation that the only way to get the iPhone close to being a workable corporate device is to jailbreak it.
Mike - December 9, 2008 at 8:38pm
The author is an idiot.
HS - December 9, 2008 at 9:28am
While I can understand the points raised in the article, I think that the author is missing a few points as well. I have a jailbroken 2G phone and have had some difficulties and moments of terror when something has gone awry during an update of firmware. However, I have always taken precautions and backed up data to ensure that I can restore it (sometimes, with great help from sites like iClarified!). Jailbreaking your phone is not for everyone and it requires a little bit more tolerance and understanding of the implications surrounding it. If you need a corporate tool and want it supported, then Jailbreaking is not for you. If you understand the risks and opportunities (like not being screwed over by phone companies with punitive roaming charges) then Jailbreaking your phone is a valuable method to use the iPhone (especially when it wasn't being offered in Canada originally. Even now, I am not going to take out a 3-year commitment (longer than any car-lease I have ever had) on a phone, whose technology changes every 12-18 months. It doesn't make sense! Maybe if I could buy an iPhone separate from a carrier, it might be a different story. However, for now, jailbreaking is the best option for me and many others. Some of the other points in the article are valid, and the only thing that I would like to see is a longer locking code on the phone or some other biometric securing capability.
Xoub - December 9, 2008 at 8:58am
2 questions: How much did apple pay them? How many idiots are actually going to listen to this bull crap?
S_Warrior - December 9, 2008 at 6:04am
InfoWho? C'mon get serious. This is just a very low level move of the "call for attention" game. Revenues must be declining fast at InfoWhatever. Best thing to do is just to ignore!
Lancebond - December 9, 2008 at 5:47am
next they'll be saying don't jailbreak your iphone, by jailbreaking your iphone you are in fact helping terrorism! or jailbreaking your iphone causes cancer, and makes fairies wings fall off.... seriously, could these people come up with any more useless warnings for us!
Steve - December 9, 2008 at 12:33am
Sorry - that was meant for Tich!!!!!
Steve - December 9, 2008 at 12:32am
@Tom: Er, let me think - yes, that means you've jailbroken your phone you plank!
Prev 1 of 3 Next