December 9, 2022
How to Jailbreak Your Apple TV 2 Using Sn0wBreeze (Windows) [5.2]

How to Jailbreak Your Apple TV 2 Using Sn0wBreeze (Windows) [5.2]

Posted February 6, 2013 at 2:12am · 86 comments · Add Comment
Isaac
Isaac - March 21, 2013 at 10:42pm
Hi I went through all the steps and when I get to the restore and pick the right one it seems like its working and extracting then a message pops up The Apple TV "Apple TV" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (11). Any suggestions? Thanks
Ancoavi
Ancoavi - March 22, 2013 at 9:23am
Try using seasonpass, I think you have problem with entering DFU mode Good luck Make sure you have the most updated iTunes
Isaac
Isaac - March 22, 2013 at 1:56pm
I have the updated iTuines and use Seas0npass. It goes through and when its going to restore I get a Error in Itunes this time its a 3194 error.
Ancoavi
Ancoavi - March 22, 2013 at 4:06pm
I think your trying to restor to 5.2 but this is unsigned any more by apple, do you have shah for it? If no, then you won't be able to resor to it. I don't think the new OS is jail breakable . Let me know your position
Isaac
Isaac - March 22, 2013 at 5:44pm
I was on 5.0.2 jail broken with no problems. I had accidentally updated Apple Tv and ill go ahead and do it again it was no problem the first time. I Seas0npass was doing the newest one I think 5.2. I did hear that apple was not siging them and figured I Was in trouble even trying to restore to 5.0.2. I do not have the shsh.
Ancoavi
Ancoavi - March 22, 2013 at 6:03pm
Haven't understand you, you are now on what OS 5.2 or higher, Check with tinyUmbrella what shsh you have signature for. Then you'll be able to figure the OS you can jailbreak. If you need to downgrade your OS read how to do that with seasonpass Good luck
Isaac
Isaac - March 22, 2013 at 6:12pm
I read it and confused myself. I was on an older firmware. i upgrading by accident on iTunes thinking it was my iPad. I saw 5.2 you could jailbreak but I guess it not possible. Just went and saw how to downgrade to 5.0.2 the one I was on and see if that works.
me
me - March 25, 2013 at 6:24pm
What you need to do is open your season pass ,right click on the Ileft box. This is hopefuly youa re still on ios 5.0.2 Create ISPW.you should restore it easily. If it dodnt work try to use sn0wbrease.in windows. Hope this helps
John
John - March 6, 2013 at 8:39am
All your instructions were excellent and easy for me, a nubie, to follow. At the end, iTunes gave me a few error notices, but I just clicked ok on them, switched over to HDMI on my TV remote, and it all seems to work. Next step: Install XBMC :) Thanks SO much for this easy to use software and assistance. I checked the version, and it is at 5.2, and nitoTV is installed, so I am guessing it worked :)
Matt
Matt - February 22, 2013 at 11:18am
FYI Guys - XBMC now works with ios 6.1 jailbreak on ATV2. I initially installed via NitoTV which seemed to install OK, but then the ATV wouldn't reboot. I instead installed the latest seasonpass (which supports ios 6.1) and then installed XBMC as in the wiki here : http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=How-to:Install_XBMC_on_Apple_TV_2 (NB the wiki hasn't been updated yet with ios 6.x info, but I heard about it working from another forum so I gave it a go and it works!).
FilemonCZ
FilemonCZ - February 22, 2013 at 11:21am
Oh! Cool good to know.. i will try it today.. hope it will work beucase without XBMC in atv i am lost. And also not sure if apple still sign 5.0.2.. thanks anyway
Ancoavi
Ancoavi - February 22, 2013 at 2:33pm
Keep us update if it ok to upgrade and install xbmc Thanks
FilemonCZ
FilemonCZ - February 22, 2013 at 5:21pm
so here are the results and instructions... i was using seas0npass on mac.. complete process went without any problems. after first success i set up the apletv and install atv flash black 2.2.. from menu i clicked XMBC to install and all works.... so you can go and update without any problems.. what i miss now is rowmote helper wich i am using on my iphone to control atv.. trying to install it manually but till now no luck..
Ancoavi
Ancoavi - February 22, 2013 at 6:10pm
Thank you for the update, I'll try it too
Bernardo
Bernardo - February 13, 2013 at 9:09pm
I tried many times. I just entered to DFU mode once, and no more. It shown an error code different the one expected I try to restore it again and it goes back to the normal version of ATV2. I tried a zillion times and nothing yet. DFU mode is not working with me anymore. How come? I did everything as asked, I don't understand. Please help me, don't why it not working. Which version must be my iTunes?
ancoavi
ancoavi - February 14, 2013 at 8:09am
Hi there, there are 3 options for you not succses to DFU mode 1. dont go throught the steps correctly 2. not using the original aluminum remote 3. your USD cable is not good if you tryed 1 and you are sure you are doing ity corrct than go to 2 if you have the original remote than check your battary if your battary is good than step 3 is that 1. plug your ATV to the power, you will have 5 secondes to plug it to your PC with the USB cable (count 5 second as soon as its in the power) 2. after the 5 secondes in the power and the USB is connected to the computer press on the Manu + play bottons for 7 seconds (you will see the lighr blink fast) 3. release both manu + play botton and your ATV should be on DFU mode it works for me. now there is already a new seasonpass so try that too,
jeff
jeff - February 13, 2013 at 12:07am
Followed instructions all has gone well, BUT when i try to do the restore with itunes it says the firmware is not compatible. ATV2 5.2
Ancoavi
Ancoavi - February 13, 2013 at 4:23am
Have you checked you downloaded the correct firmware file for ATV2. Have you insrert you ATV in to iREB mode? I see no other way that you iTunes will recognize the correct firmware is wrong Try again P.S your ATV is 2 or 3 check the HDMI Resolution
Darren
Darren - February 11, 2013 at 7:49am
Thanks for the reply. When I'm getting this error what I am doing is tryi g to restore Apple TV with custom firmware created using snow breeze , I'm not sure if blobs are saved as its a new Device to me, when I open tiny umbrella it doesn't show any blobs saved, I have double checked that its Apple TV 2 and not 3 and have tried on 2 different windows machines .
Ancoavi
Ancoavi - February 11, 2013 at 9:39am
let work on it, 1. when you plug your ATV to the PC (after opnning the tiny umbrela) does your PC recognize the ATV as ATV? if yes, press on save SHSH and see the resoults you get, you should get for sure 6.1 and maybe 5.0.2. 2. what firwar does your ATV have 6.1? if not install it through itunes if yes go yo the next stage 3. your ATV run 6.1, you made a custome firmwar with snowbreas, know put it in FDU through iREB (follow instructions) 4. when succses iREB your ATV than open itunes and pick by shipf + restore your custome firmwar. 5. know your ATV should be restored. if you get error 1602 it should be OK and your divise should be jailbroken. note: work with the last snowbreaz released. if somthing is wrong in the prosses try to be more specific good luck let me know if it worked P.S. check if apple is still signing 5.0.2 upto 6.1 it did
Darren
Darren - February 10, 2013 at 9:31pm
Keep getting error 3194 , when I turn on TSS servers with tiny umbrella I then get error 11 ?
ancoavi
ancoavi - February 11, 2013 at 6:52am
What are you trying to do, this errore is if your are trying to install an unsigned firmwar. you have 2 options 1. install 6.1 for ATV firmwar and then jailbreak with Sn0wbreaz. 2. if you have SHSH for 5.0.2 you can install that with Sesonpass. if you are doing one of this and get error 3194 than your tinyumbrella is set for shs from cydia, disable it in the advance tab on tiny good luck
dchester11
dchester11 - February 9, 2013 at 9:54pm
Worked perfectly! Unable to get XBMC to work after this however. Tried install via command line and by Nito and both looked successful and proper directories were added but icon is not on home page. Any one have any luck with this?
FilemonCZ
FilemonCZ - February 10, 2013 at 12:08am
Just read what has been wrote here. Xmbc dost NOT support 6.1 ios.
dchester11
dchester11 - February 10, 2013 at 6:19am
Ah. I just figured out the ATV OS version to iOS version differences. Thought I was running a 5.x iOS version. Thanks for the feedback.
Mike
Mike - February 9, 2013 at 6:04am
Does this work for atv 3?
ancoavi
ancoavi - February 9, 2013 at 6:09am
I read through the net and no one has worked it.
FilemonCZ
FilemonCZ - February 9, 2013 at 8:06am
NOPE - it is not for atv 3 - if yes you should see in right section or subject would be different.
Taylor
Taylor - February 8, 2013 at 4:49am
when i get to step number it keeps telling me it cant find the DFU and i have tried it over a hundred time help plz
Ancoavi
Ancoavi - February 8, 2013 at 6:44am
To put on dfu mode you should plug yor ATV to your computer with a USB cable 5 seconded after you plug it press together both menu and play buttons Keep it pressed for 7 seconds and release them both Your divide should now be on dfu mode. If that's not working there is one option you can try. Plug your ATV with the power cable, you will have 5 seconds to plug it to your computer as well with the USB cable. After the 5 seconds you'll have to continue with the stage of pressing both Manu and play button for 7 second If that don't work try it with iREB instructions Good luck
FilemonCZ
FilemonCZ - February 8, 2013 at 8:45am
I had similar problem.. solution is directly in Sn0wbreeze click on iREB (first and main screen).. unplug device and connect it again (its should fast blinking) and pres start in iREB and then follow instruction (menu and and play for 7sec) and then just go to itunes and do shift restore etc.. this worked for me.. (itunes showed me error 1604) use only USB cable no power..