How to Check Your iPhone Bootloader Version (Windows)

Posted April 15, 2009 at 2:14pm by iClarified · 68 comments · Add Comment
Nyco - March 15, 2011 at 4:13am
Hi. A friend bought an iPhone4 on the street and after a few days it left without signal, probably was stolen. I need to change the imei but after I install Cydia using redsn0w the internet doesn't work. If I restore it it works. I already tried with Configuration Utility and restore. What to do to get the internet working? 10ks. Great work.
Legend - November 6, 2009 at 4:32pm
Best way to check your baseband n boot loader is install fuzzyband through cydia n it will check it for u.best of luck
aaaaaaaa - August 27, 2009 at 11:05am
when i do step 4 and login to winscp it says "acces denied" what should id o ? whats wrong please help me
Malcolm - June 6, 2009 at 8:54am
Download fuzzyband app from cydia. It does all the steps for you and also lets you know if your baseband is not supported.
sublime740 - June 4, 2009 at 11:17am
I am unable to connect to my Iphone using WinSCP. I get a message repeatedly that access is denied. Is it possible that the username and password on the phone is not "root" and "alpine"? I am not the original owner of the phone but was curious why I can't remote access into the phone. I was able to do this with several other Iphones so I know it's not my laptop or router causing the problem. Any suggestions/ideas??
mubeen - June 5, 2009 at 5:41pm
i ve the same prob mate i entered the same username n password as bove it doesnt login neways if u do find a way to login lemme knwo as w7ell ill b waitin
mlb_tun - May 29, 2009 at 5:25am
i am stuck on step eleve!! when i input the comand bbupdaterextreme queryversion i get UNKNOWN COMMAND error...any ideas???i want 2 unlock my iphone cause i am sick of this turbo sim
Malcolm - May 30, 2009 at 2:04pm
Install fuzzyband app from cydia under system apps, it's a easy way to downgrade. If your bootloader is higher, it will let you know exectly what it is. Unfortunately mine is 06.02 so waiting on dev team for solution.
Kay Anderson - May 27, 2009 at 11:42pm
Boot Loader Version: None or Unknown what do i do?????? im so confused....
Anytime - May 24, 2009 at 7:32pm
My version is 5.09.... its only a 0.01 diference... I'll keep on waiting.
omid - May 22, 2009 at 5:19am
hi guys, i get error massage in step 8 , cd/bin any idea ,? i have to mention that modem firmware of my iphone is 02.30.03, is it the reason i cant complete the steps? Thank u.
Pedro - March 15, 2012 at 5:46pm
regarding the 11th photo NOT FUNNY. indigenous folks in cpuxneeted places maybe, but NOT FUNNY. Why is it funny for minority folks in traditional clothing to be using modern technology?? Would love to have that explained to me.
Kelly - May 18, 2009 at 6:49am
I didn't have wifi so I couldn't use WinScp.Heres what did. I put the file in the directory using ifunbox then I changed the permissions in mobileTerminal did everything else in there and it worked.Sadly mines 5.09. Thanks for the guide.
Dickieees - May 20, 2009 at 5:52pm
hey, you said that you have changed the permission in Terminal. How did you managed that? My Iphone is denying BBUpdaterExtreme
Kelly - May 28, 2009 at 9:11pm
You can use chmod in MobileTerminal to change the permissions of the directory the file is in or use something like Boss Prefs(not recommended) search for the command but remember to change it back when you are done.
Prev 1 of 4 Next