October 4, 2022
How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 6 Plus, 6, 5s, 5c, 5, 4s Using Pangu8 (Mac) [iOS 8.1]

Posted November 9, 2014 at 5:00pm · 62 comments · Add Comment
makokis04
makokis04 - March 14, 2015 at 8:25pm
This version of Pangu8, DO NO WORKS WITH SNOW LEOPARD 10.6.8... GRRRRR Waiting for a new version of Pangu. Thans for help.
Javs Bargen
Javs Bargen - December 7, 2014 at 8:47pm
Is there a way to unlock the Iphone 4s? I already jailbroke the iphone 4s, but still cannot use another SIM card, please help, thanks. Unlock my iphone 4s.
iTwe4kz
iTwe4kz - November 27, 2014 at 2:04am
For those users that are planning to Jailbreak on then I recommend adding this Cydia Source into Cydia after you jailbreak so you don't have to manually input all the Cydia Sources manually. This will automatically add all the best Cydia Sources and give you access to all the best Cydia Tweaks, Themes and Apps for FREE with just a push of a button. Follow the steps below. 1. Open Cydia 2. Tap Sources 3. Tap Edit 4. Tap Add 5. Type this url in the box (cydiasource,n e t) without the spaces and switch coma for a dot in the url. 6. Tap "Add Source" 7. Install the package labelled "All Sources". This will give you all the best Cydia Sources to have access to all the best Tweaks, Apps and Themes for FREE..
Nonehappy
Nonehappy - November 22, 2014 at 7:48pm
So beware there's an 8.1.1 version now and Pangu doesn't support it... don't just use itunes to download the latest firmware as this guide suggests.. I found this out the hard way.. guess I'm waiting for a Pangu update.. F*@#!
topgunz
topgunz - November 21, 2014 at 7:59am
I have followed the above process and successfully jailbroken my 6 plus, however after i restore from backup and reboot my phone by any chance, its stuck at the white logo screen, but usually detected in itunes. I had to re-install 8.1 and re-jailbreak nevery time its stuck. what is the best solution for me?
Johnnymay
Johnnymay - November 18, 2014 at 12:41pm
Done at 2nd Try... Keep iTunes open and it works like a charm ;-)
M.g.M.
M.g.M. - November 18, 2014 at 10:45am
Everything working great but when trying to sync with iTunes it freezes on "Waiting for phone to Sync". Have tried restoring and re jailbreaking phone and again phone works fine but when trying to sync with iTunes, iTunes freezes. Anyone else having sync issues??
mikecarter06
mikecarter06 - November 17, 2014 at 9:15am
When they say restore, they mean full restore! Just did it by the book on a mac iPhone 6+
M1
M1 - November 16, 2014 at 12:29pm
Wait up, so, if you updated to 8.1 via Software update means that you've to "Restore Iphone" first? But then how do you restore your backup without messing up the potentially succesful JB?
StoneCut
StoneCut - November 16, 2014 at 8:37pm
You will be asked if you'd like to restore your backup after the upgrade in iTunes. However, you should first install the jailbreak according to instructions and run Cydia once (important!) and only then restore your backup. See my other post.
kfawan4n