Save yourself from the multi-app workflow and discover the most well-designed, integrated, and powerful editing app for iOS. We skip fantasy and novelty and focus on what matters for photographers.
What's New In This Version:
This update introduces a new dimension of creative expression to Darkroom: Content-Aware Frames. To celebrate, we're also launching a new premium filter pack to complement the frames: DuoTone Filters. We've also packed this update with a large amount of enhancements and bug fixes addressing many of our most reported issues.
● Frame Tool - Free
With frames you can extend or enhance a photo beyond its original bounds. Our industry-first *Content-Aware Color Palette* will analyze your image and generate frames that perfectly match your photo. We also include curates palettes like pastel, gray-tones, and bold colors.
We also make it easier to display or share your photos with *Frame Inset Presets*, making sure you can have a lot more fun sharing as Stories or Status.
● DuoTone Filters - Premium
The brand new Duo Tone filters are a bold, colorful, and playful alternative to black and white photos. And are a wonderfully graphic pairing to our new Frame Tool. The frames will perfectly match your photo's mood and truly enhance and extend them.
● Privacy Enhancement
Photos are some of your most private data, and with GPS location commonly embedded, can contain a wealth of information about your personal life. With an eye on privacy, Darkroom 3.6 adds a location toggle to enable and disable embedding location information in photos when exporting. That way location can be maintained privately on your phone for captured photos, but can be removed when sharing to third party platforms to prevent tracking.
● Improvements and Fixes
* Improved the reliability of the Portrait Depth Tool.
* Fixed several issues related to exporting photos.
* Improved how we cache photos which fixes a diversity of issues.
* Improved the way we load photos for increased stability and performance.
* Improved handling of unavailable iCloud-backed photos in the library.
* Now Darkroom will more gracefully load and export photos previously edited by a third party applications.
* Made several interface improvements.
* Fixed an issue that would cause the crop view to inset the image to much.
* Fixed a problem wherein brightness/contrast/highlights/shadows edits might be accumulated as you navigate through filters.
* Improved the performance of switching from album view to favorite list and edited list.
* Improved our overall memory usage by fixing several smaller memory leaks.
* Fixed a crash that was caused by memory building up.
* Fixed a crash that could occur when restoring a photo that was exported a while back.
* Fixed a crash that would occur when tapping on “Next” on the keyboard when editing copyright info in settings.
* Fixed an issue where dismissing a photo/zooming while a live photo was playing, wouldn't resize the live photo.
* Fixed an issue that could cause our filter previews to be low resolution.
* Fixed an issue that could cause the library thumbnails to be low resolution.
* Added a meta data setting to disable the “edited in Darkroom” being added to the description field when exporting a photo.
You can download Darkroom from the App Store for free.