How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3GS on OS 3.1.2 Using RedSn0w (Windows)

How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3GS on OS 3.1.2 Using RedSn0w (Windows)

che - December 13, 2012 at 6:38am
Can Anyone tell me what version Am I supposed to download for 3.0.04 I dont get which firmware to use
Sep - October 24, 2011 at 9:05pm
When i download the iPhone2,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore it's not a ispw file is a zip file.
Rachel - January 7, 2011 at 11:58pm
I can\'t get past step five. it says\" Unable to recognize ISPW \" what does this mean? and how do i fix it?
Awn - January 8, 2011 at 1:57pm
rachel, why not try ver 4.0? much faster and easier on the battery.
AY - September 12, 2010 at 4:29am
Is it true that if I currently have OS 3.0.1, I won\'t be able to upgrade to 3.1.2? I tried to JB and kept getting the 3194 error when I tried to restore to 3.1.2. What\'s the way to upgrade??? Do I have to wait until someone come up with JB 4.1 in order to upgrade my OS? Please advice. Thank you so much.
Awn - September 12, 2010 at 12:58pm
if you have never jailbroken, then now is NOT the time to jailbreak, you have to wait till 4.1 is jailbreakable.
AY - September 28, 2010 at 5:18pm
Hello Awn, My 3Gs is jailbroken and unlocked running 3.0.1. I still should wait for 4.1?
navaid - August 5, 2010 at 8:29pm
hi all even after the last step, i am still stuck at cd/usb cable screen for more than 30 mins any idea why i am on 3.1.2 bb 05 11 07 3GS it went once into emergency mode so i ran the redsnow again but no luck pls guide
Mr. French - July 23, 2010 at 2:35pm
I\'m following all the teps to jailbrake my 3gs 3.1.2 but when it comes to dowload iphone2,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw it actually dowload a Zip file. Someone can help me and tell me why?
Awn - July 25, 2010 at 1:39pm
try downloading with mozilla
Chigger - July 19, 2010 at 10:37pm
Quick question, i am currently running a jailbroken 3gs with 3.0.1. I want to update to 3.1.2 but not 4.0.1/ I tried to do the shift click restore method, but it wouldnt take. probably because i never had this firmware installed in the first place. is there any way to install a specific firmware, without updating to the curent one and backtracking? thanks
Awn - July 25, 2010 at 1:41pm
if you have not backed up signatures for your phone, i highly doubt you could upgrade to 3.1.2/
anthony rijo - July 4, 2010 at 12:27pm
Dear Team, i have been observing all the post in regards with jailbreak iphone 3GS but it seems that thre is something still to be explained or provide a little bit guideness as i know those who have 3GS (old botroom) are experiment some issue at the time to restore the IPSW created by the software...it seems that apple constantly refuse to update with the firmware...i am been trying to do everything according with your guideness but i can not get through to unlock or jailbreak my iphone 3GS (old botroom) I would like to ask a simple question; why it is that when you finish to create the IPSW with Redsn0w or Pwgnage tool this IPSW when you are using Itunes does not upgrade that IPSW, why is keep giving an error message? your response to his inquiry will be highly appreciated.
Andy - June 17, 2010 at 2:50am
Ok this is frustrating....I followed step by step based on this tutorials. After I restore the firmware 3.1.2 and install the redsnow all I see is the completely black out screen nothing comes up and I cant power on/off ...NOTHING. But when I connect to the Itune it says im in the recovery mode but you cant really see it because the screen is black. Anyway, I have 3GS 16gb and if anyone experience the same please share. Thanks in advance.
unix - June 28, 2010 at 3:26am
The same problem , any help ?
Awn - June 30, 2010 at 12:30am
i have not experienced it, however; i could think of the following: 1) try the procedure on a different pc, with a freshly downloaded FW and redsnow, 2) try restoring 3.1.2 then balckrain it, just to see what happens 3) if all fails and you have an OLD bootrom, try OS4
///AMG - June 16, 2010 at 1:40pm
I read the link that someone metioned below but i dont understand this ..how did you add this anyway ? \" So, open the file C:\\Windows\\System32\\drivers\\etc\\hosts (Windows) or /etc/hosts (Mac OS X) and add the following entry to the bottom of the file. 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com \"