Happy Birthday Photoshop! We celebrate Photoshop's 30th birthday as the industry-leading photo, image and design editing software with a gift for you - a couple of new features and bug fixes to get you working faster, easier, and more effectively.
Here's what's in store:
- Object Select is now available in the selection tools! You can select a specific area on your canvas, and Adobe Sensei will automatically find the object within that selection for you. This uses the same AI as Select Subject, but with more control.
- Type properties have been expanded - leading, tracking, scaling and more are at your disposal to have the precise control over your text layers you've been waiting for! (Note: kerning is not yet available, but will be soon)
Many behind-the-scenes fixes have come to keep Photoshop strong and stable, including:
- The selection view mode for "overlay" has been inverted to match Desktop's. (Pro-tip: if you have an attached keyboard, pressing "F" will cycle through selection view modes)
- Select Subject performance on older iPad models with less memory has been improved
- A UI bug that appeared with Gaussian Blur tool has been fixed
You can download Adobe Photoshop from the App Store.