September 30, 2022

How to Enable Your iPhones Screenshot Feature

Posted March 19, 2008 at 2:15pm · 19 comments · Add Comment
phileo
phileo - March 19, 2009 at 9:13am
I cant find the Screenshot enabler in Cydia or Installer with FW 2.2.1 Where can I get it? kthxbai
Rob
Rob - March 19, 2009 at 3:01pm
You don't need it with 2.2.1 as it's now built in and enabled since firmware 2.0. Press home and sleep buttons to take a screenshot. //Rob
Alper Ergin
Alper Ergin - April 15, 2008 at 5:03am
I installed then restart my phone. but its 15 mins and still with black screen and apple logo. restart it many times and still no change. Any ideas??
Rob
Rob - April 6, 2008 at 1:13am
This hack just changes a plist file to enable the built in screenshot ability. It should be possible to revert the changes to the plist file. But I really think your problem is caused some other app you have installed. Try to restore to 1.1.4 and don't install any extra apps just ebable this feature and see if that helps. //Rob
Paul
Paul - April 5, 2008 at 8:26pm
Well have also just found out this is the app bricking my iPhone. the iphone just becomes completely unresposive. It might wake up for a slpit second or two in the beggining but then the phone becomes completely locked. The only way I know how to fix is to restore the iphone. Something I have done a number of times now as I haven't known what was causing the locks until now. Is there anyway to uninstall it from the iphone from remotely logging in to iphoneover ssh or in recovery mode? Cant use iphone to uninstall as its completely locked (e.g. cant load installer). Thanks.
Rob
Rob - March 30, 2008 at 6:34pm
You can uninstall the hack but it will stay be there. The best thing is to uninstall it from the installer. Install BossPrefs 1.6x and in the BossPrefs config turn off screensaver feature. If you copy the screenshot to your computer it will look just great. But the picture quality looks bad on the iPhone. If you open the last picture in the camera roll and scroll to the left to see the previous pictures that somehow makes the screenshot look good. //Rob
thierry
thierry - March 26, 2008 at 3:35am
could it be uninstalled?
CanadeEh?
CanadeEh? - March 23, 2008 at 5:13pm
Same problem as previous comment, screenshot captures, but it very fuzzy and blurry quality.
Rob
Rob - March 23, 2008 at 6:59am
It seems to work but the quality is horrible. Is there a way to increase the quality? //Rob
mike
mike - March 22, 2008 at 11:42am
I installed it. I seems to take the screenshot; however, it does not appear in the camera roll. Any thoughts?
Dominik
Dominik - March 20, 2008 at 5:58am
Is there any possibility to do this for my iPod touch? I've installed the package already but on an iPod touch there is no "Silent-Switch" Button!