How to Install Android on Your iPhone 2G, 3G [iPhoDroid]

How to Install Android on Your iPhone 2G, 3G [iPhoDroid]

izanagi - June 9, 2010 at 2:47am
SCROLL MODE HELP - OK so I just uploaded a video to youtube showing what I have done and the error i get. I have been trying to install android to my iphones for the last 2 days with no sucess. i used a 16g 3g on 3.1.3 a 16 gig 3g on 3.1.2 and a 8 gig 3.1.2 Still always got the same result. I even tried a different computer. Anybody?
izanagi - June 8, 2010 at 12:09pm
SCROLL MODE :( i have been trying since this post came out. I tried on 3g 3.1.2 and 3.1.3 but for some reason my phones only stay on the usb/itunes logo. no mater how long i hold down the buttons. I get errors or nothing happens at all. I followed the video but NEVER have i got ant text on the phone ... what am i doing wron?
galactus - June 8, 2010 at 12:23pm
Hi there, It doesn\'t sound like it has installed..I did this twice when you first get asked to put into scrolling mode MAKE sure you keep both fingers pressed until text starts to scroll. If you release fingers before text appears(keep pressing even when you see iopenboot menu!!!) it will not install Hope this helps
izanagi - June 8, 2010 at 11:34pm
When I continue to hold down both both buttons I get an error saying to restart that backup nor failed. also my itunes pops up. any help would be helpful. I will try to make a vid to post on youtube and see if that will help show what I am doing wrong. ny advice before hand would be gratefull
sunny - June 8, 2010 at 11:49am
it installed successfully, however the text keeps strolling after i choose Android from Iboot. Did it 3 times, same thing
lukas - June 9, 2010 at 3:00pm
same here... :(
Pos - June 8, 2010 at 9:37am
I got a message saying successfully installed but I didnt see the logo and also i don\'t find openiboot menu in my device. Any kind of help would be great.
galactus - June 8, 2010 at 11:42am
Hi Pos, you have to put iphone in restore mode...hold home and power buttons I have made a video showing how link below http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BC2qwXZELn4
Pos - June 8, 2010 at 5:48pm
Thank you for the link. It was of great help, mine is 2G so it\'s taking quite a lot of time.
galactus - June 7, 2010 at 7:18pm
Perfect..no battery issues wifi good browser good, and no problems with dialer. Altogether \"spankingly good\" Big thanks :-)
Fred - June 7, 2010 at 7:12pm
What about us Windows folks?
Fred - June 7, 2010 at 7:10pm
Nice but what about us Windows folks?
cody - June 7, 2010 at 3:41pm
hey guys. i have attempted this twice. i get to the openiboot screen, select android and press the home button. i get a bunch of scrolling text, and at the bottom it always stops at \"Welcome to OpeniBoot\". The text right there is kind of messed up, and it doesn\'t go any further. sad :[. any help would be greatly appreciated.
galactus - June 7, 2010 at 7:24pm
Hi Cody if you release your finger quicker you will not always open the console..which is what you are doing. So when entering iopenboot release home finger button sooner and you will not jump the iopenboot options screen..the one were you select the boot option/android etc..I did this for ages before i realized what I was doing wrong :-)
cody - June 8, 2010 at 1:32am
Thanks for the reply Galactus. I see what you are saying about releasing my finger quicker, I have noticed that when choosing iDroid there is a tendency for the highlighted symbol to change quickly from iDroid to Console. However, I have been unsuccessful in just releasing the home button more quickly in order to correct this. No matter how quickly I release, I still get greeted with \"radio: comm board detected\" and the scrolling text. It seems there is a broken pixel beneath the Console button on the OpeniBoot screen... maybe that\'s the problem? Ah. Frustrating.
galactus - June 8, 2010 at 7:38am
Hi Cody, I think your best method would be to release both fingers when the screen goes blank and then repress both very quickly again( I did it for about a second and then the iopenboot screen comes. Hope this works for you .
galactus - June 8, 2010 at 7:41am
I just uploaded video might help....here is the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BC2qwXZELn4
Rick - June 9, 2010 at 7:33pm
Having the same problem. Fixed it yet?
valentin - June 7, 2010 at 3:09pm
some answers (for 0.6 beta r6 at least): - you can select the booting os every time you start the iphone - it doesn\'t work with spirit. you will get stuck on step 15. - it doesn\'t seem to go in stand by mode - android 1.6 On my 3G I can\'t make the wifi or the network to work, I still need to investigate this.
rkick07 - June 7, 2010 at 11:12am
dose it let you decide to either run android or the iphone OS?
galactus - June 7, 2010 at 7:25pm
Rkick08 - June 9, 2010 at 4:27pm
What version of android is this?