PR Experts Say Apple Will Be Forced to Issue an iPhone 4 Recall

PR Experts Say Apple Will Be Forced to Issue an iPhone 4 Recall

Posted July 13, 2010 at 2:28pm by iClarified · 17 comments · Add Comment
Digihead - July 14, 2010 at 5:28am
I have 16gb 4 sim free in uk. When I'm touching that "problem spot" even with palm, it drops couple bars but if I continuing to hold it like that bars are coming back! I'm commuting daily by train 2 hours a day and I'm using iPhone all that time to browse net and making calls so I can compare. So far I can tell - definitely better coverage than on my 3GS.
Geoff L - July 14, 2010 at 5:09am
Hmmm... I have a US locked iPhone 4 in New Zealand (expensive to use it here, but worth it) and if I try really hard I can get a bar or two to drop. I've never had a call drop either here or in the US, though! My experience so far is that the benefits of 4 over 3GS far outweigh the costs. Daylight second for me!
David from s'pore - July 13, 2010 at 8:26pm
I m a long time fan of apple. Recentely purchase iphone 4 from us. Lotta problem, m really turn off & sold iphone 4 at half price. It's not worth carrying hardware problem. Apple brand thumbs down.
Mbowz - July 13, 2010 at 6:41pm
Who are these "experts"? I think a product recall is completely ridiculous and would highly doubt it will happen. But I'm just a peasant.
Stuart - July 13, 2010 at 6:14pm
iPhone 4 user on o2 in the Uk and no problems here! Covered antenna like you tube videos and didn't even loose one bar! Maybe a problem with AT&T in the us. Don't see many complaints from general iPhone 4 user just a lot of critics who always like to moan. Don't be put off buying if u have the cash from someone that never listens to critics, hey best films are the ones that get bad reviews lol From my iPhone 4
benjamin - July 14, 2010 at 12:38am
yea, US devices work on a different band, so altering the antenna would cause different effects then your band. US 850/1900 europe 900/2100
AJ - July 13, 2010 at 5:15pm
TRY and TRY and TRY But I have not been able to replicate this reported problem whether I have 5 or 1 bars showing! Maybe these people have the phone stuck up their ___ ?
wittybob - July 13, 2010 at 6:01pm
It happens on mine in areas that I already knew were poor 3g reception sites to start with. Compared to my old 3g, my Wi-Fi reception is significantly better, however.
Nirav Mehta - July 13, 2010 at 4:44pm
I am using a factory unlocked iPhone 4 (from UK) in India. Surprisingly there is no signal drop regardless of where I place my fingers or which hand I hold it in. I have also tried to squeeze the antennas but the signal does not drop. I have tried this on 4 phones and there is no problem. The reception strength is as good (or as bad) as my previous 3GS. My guess is the device is only flawed when it operates on GSM 850/1900 Mhz which is for US. In India or most parts of Europe, Middle East and Asia we use GSM 900. Can some European or Asian users verify my experience?
HO - July 13, 2010 at 4:22pm
...oh worry not, after the first lawsuit against the for failed 911 and emergency calls against Att and Mapple, Att will drop the ball on Mapple and then jsutice will be served!!!
Chris - July 13, 2010 at 4:07pm
I Too was going to upgrade to the new iphone 4 from a 3gs but now i will just sit and wait i would rather wait and pay for something thats going to work. My 3gs works great no issues.
Zideth - July 13, 2010 at 10:37pm
Other products also good and work perfectly. if iphone 4 have hardware problem, just avoid it or use 3GS or other product like HTC is better. In the future, apple brand would be down due to customers complains and by that time you guy may realise that other products also good to use.
Rob - July 13, 2010 at 2:40pm
Apple will probably do nothing. Thney don't give a shit about hte consumer as seen by the lack of response to the issue. It's sad because they have a great product.
Name - July 13, 2010 at 3:16pm
I agree. They won't do a damn thing cause the phone is still selling. They would rather listen to the idiots who are in denial that nothing is wrong with their phones.
AnotherBrian - July 13, 2010 at 4:13pm
Sorry if denial is when your phone works great, I guess I have denial. I know there are problems but maybe your in the minority not me. If it was 2 million people with no reception the blogs would have a lot more post than I have seen. Really probable 50% of the posters on most blogs don't have iPhones, they just want to chime in on the hate. I think it's a obsession now with people to watch the bars. Take it back if you have a problem, I live in one of the biggest cities and work all the way across town and since launch day I have had one drop call, a lot better than my 3GS. So get mad at people because they say they don't have a problem, guess what we don't. It's you and probable about 5 to 10 percent of iPhone 4 users, once again take it back.
wittybob - July 13, 2010 at 5:59pm
Apple probably WON'T do anything until the FTC or some other federal authority demands that they come in and play in Stevie's Sandbox. One thought... could this be delaying the release of the White iPhone 4? Naw....
Prev 1 of 2 Next