iPhone 4 Reception Can Be Fixed By Software Update?

iPhone 4 Reception Can Be Fixed By Software Update?

Posted July 15, 2010 at 11:54pm by iClarified · 17 comments · Add Comment
Sweet Jesus!!! - July 16, 2010 at 11:50am
Would everyone just shut the fuck up whinging!!! There is a fault, get bloody over it!!!! Bring the phone back to the Apple store and get your money back you cry babies. Also, 4.0.1 is an update to fix the signal bar problem only, full fucking stop! nothing else, repeat nothing else! When the proper 4.1 update comes out, that will hopefully fix the proximity sensor problem and all the other little tweaks. If it doesn't then start your little whinging matches again, or god forbid, bring the fucking phone back. Im sure there are plenty of people around the world who are waiting for one would take it, Pricks!!!!
Name - July 16, 2010 at 12:33pm
Listen here, fucker! Why don't you just not read the comments that are pissing you off. What did you think the comments were going to be based on the topic? Fucking dumbass!
HO - July 16, 2010 at 1:52pm
Lttl DB opened his mouth to cry for his company love. Lttl DB fanboy wrote stupid nonsense to protect his company love. Lttl DB fanboy was left like the DB he is after the company he loves came out of the closet and said that the problem is infact the POS device they made, he was left like the idiot he is!
Wola - July 16, 2010 at 9:55am
I do not like apple product, but I do like their iphone. I had been using their iphone since 1st Generation. 3G, 3GS and now iphone 4. When I bought 2 new Iphone 4 through AT&T on the launch days. I did know there was a reception issue with the way attena design. But I still bought I anyway. I'm not that dumb but the phone is unique. However, apple just lost my share. Because of what they said prior to AT&T launch day that new firmware will fix the signal issue. So I took it as consideration and gave it a shot. Although, I can tell you all right now that it was not fix. Signal bar look little bit bigger and easy to read. I'm not an engenier or MIT. I tested the phone on firmware 4.0 for 2 weeks already. and came across with follow problem. and I think it was already posted here at iclarified.com. and they way I tested. that the way i'm holding the phone. and I think most of every one holding the phome same way like I do. daily basic work, shopping and suppermark, then home. 1. Sensor = holding phone while talking can cause phone put on (mute, hold, turn on facetime, or speaker phone. Worst case that it even end my call). 2. Signal: touching lower left and right either left or right hand still cause signal lost even drop call. a. Outside wideopen area including my condos complex and inside my house: Touch both lower left and right of phone won't cause losing signall at all. I did try both hand and holding different position. no problem b. Building work location: same pod I work over 5 years. I had 2G, 3G, 3GS never gotten a drop call, singal not full bar. but 75% (3 level building) Same Pod: Iphone 4 tested all 3 different phones same issue. losing signal badlly if I connect left and right lower of the phone together. (SAME problem for 4.0.1) Tried at indoor shopping center same problem accured. the antena issue you dont actually need to hold it tight both left and right lower corner. left on my desk where it got 85% of full signal bar. What I did is using my thump finger touch left lower corner, then using my poiner finger touch right lower corner of the phone. in 30 seconds signal bar drop to 1 bar left. then in about 5 seconds to 10 seconds signal bard drop to none. 3G logol dis appeared. then 2 seconds phone went to Searching..... (SAME THING HAPPEN WITH 4.0.1 firmware which I just updated last night.) I'm going to return the phone today. And until the issue I will continue using my 3GS.
Steve - July 16, 2010 at 10:32am
Dude, your message is too long. No one is gonna read it. Relax, it's just a phone.
STEVE - July 16, 2010 at 9:42am
I wonder who they paid at the NY times to publish this CRAP...
Bones - July 16, 2010 at 7:14am
All this about the antenna well what about the messed up proximity sensor. It sucks worst than the antenna. When u use the iPhone 4 to make a call all the buttons get pressed like mute and even end button to disconnect call. What r they doing about that
bolojohn - July 16, 2010 at 5:06am
Полная ХЕРНЯ для верящих идиотов.
bolojohn - July 16, 2010 at 5:04am
Agree, it's a complete bullsh*t for dumb-asses who believes that the solution is just around the corner. This reception problem can not be fixed that way because it is a hardware issue and only way to fix it is to recall the iphone 4 and change the antenna design the way it's built in 3Gs. APPLE, PLEASE STOP BULLSH*TING PEOPLE... though you're greedy enough to not to do so...
prostovanka - July 16, 2010 at 3:54am
How is software related to bars dropping when you use the Death Grip? I don't like how you guys mention "Some one close to apple" or some one inside apple or some one with knowledge on this matter. now one and I mean NO one that knows anything REAL on the matter has spoke out to news channels or bloggers for that matter. The real reasons or half of them will be revealed hopefully tomorrow in the conference apple is having. Most these rumors are started by some bloggers in a basement. Just like they made up crap about AT&T being able to see if ur firmware is modified or that GEOHOT had a Pwn4Life Exploit for all iDevices.
Teodor Danailov - July 16, 2010 at 2:56am
This update do not fix antena problem. Where I live the signal is very strong and all my calls are always ok, but when i hold the phone with my fingers on all four sides the wi-fi stop to working:(:(:(
Gary - July 16, 2010 at 2:01am
What about the f'ing proximity sensor. That is worse than the signal loss in my opinion.
prostovanka - July 16, 2010 at 3:58am
I agree. during a conversation of 5 Min I get my face turn of the call at least 1 time or mute it. I took my iPhone 4 to apple today and they told me well its probly due to the fact that u sync it from ur old back up and some math blah blah blah. They restored my phone fresh with 4.0.1 and guess what. WoopTeeDue! Problem still there. Im so mad now. The guy from apple that talked to me said he had 3 more people that day that came re: this issue. This is something that effects every iphone due to the fact that the Proximity Sensor is now on top where the Hear Speaker is and when Proximity Sensor shoots in ur ear it finds that gap and thinks that phone is away from an object (ur face) and ur face does the damage by pressing end call etc. They need to increase the prox sensor radius from 1 Inch to 2 Inch or what ever. Any ideas guys?
GG - July 16, 2010 at 12:29am
I hope like hell that's true, I would feel a whole lot better about this disaster
Prev 1 of 2 Next