December 2, 2022
How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3G Using RedSn0w (Mac) [4.1]

How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3G Using RedSn0w (Mac) [4.1]

Posted September 29, 2010 at 2:35am · 41 comments · Add Comment
Samantha
Samantha - April 13, 2011 at 8:46pm
Thank you!! Worked perfectly. Although I must point out the link for redsn0w doesn't work. I found the link on the mac rumors forums. But other than that, great guide.
Esposito Images
Esposito Images - October 15, 2010 at 9:07pm
Here's a weird one...I found that If I use the firmware that is given to write the custom version to jailbreak, My 3g is not recognized by my car audio in my Audi. I restored with apple 4.1 and its fine, then back to the jailbreak version, unrecognized. So I'm back on a stock 4.1 and still enjoying music and movies in the car...till something is figured out.
windowsscorpion
windowsscorpion - October 17, 2010 at 8:54am
my car audio system (RoadMaster) is working fine through bluetooth all buttons stop/play foreward/backward previously before 4.1 it was only stop/play only , but at home my dock audio system (Philips) is not working now, before 4.1 it was working fine.
WindowsScorpion
WindowsScorpion - October 12, 2010 at 4:19am
while restoring with iTunes it hangs up in the middle of restoring and a lot of other restoring but nothing stuck half way. any solution to get it back in any version? thanks
windowsscorpion
windowsscorpion - October 13, 2010 at 5:19am
found the solution: only you need to sync and restore on another PC.
iphone 3gs
iphone 3gs - October 12, 2010 at 12:52am
how do i jailbreak my iphone 3gs running on iso 4.1 with my macbook?
marko
marko - October 6, 2010 at 4:13pm
Will there be tutorial how to jailbreak for Windows?
Beverly A Williams
Beverly A Williams - October 6, 2010 at 3:37pm
Cydia does not appear on the springboard after successfully completing the steps to jailbreak my iphone 3g 4.1. Please help!
Vizela
Vizela - October 5, 2010 at 6:38pm
It worked for me but then I don't have signal... someone please help me?
lieutenant
lieutenant - October 5, 2010 at 10:53pm
it say jailbreak and not unlock
Nuno Gonçalves
Nuno Gonçalves - October 6, 2010 at 7:19am
If your baseband is 5.14.02 then you have a great ipod touch ! There is not yet a solution to unlock with that modem firmware. Ultrasn0w is not able to unlock it.
John
John - October 5, 2010 at 4:59pm
HI, I was following your steps. I have both "redsn0w_mac_0.9.6b1" and "iPhone1,2_4.1_8B117_Restore.ipsw". But when I am pointing the redsn0w to the 4.1 ipsw, its saying "Unable to recognize specified IPSW". Can you please suggest. Thanks.
kev game
kev game - October 5, 2010 at 6:22am
when is the jailbreak for the iphone 4 running 4.1 coming, really hope its soon, been waiting so long, cant even downgrade cos its a new phone and it came with this software already on it, does anyone know when its coming?
Cano
Cano - October 4, 2010 at 3:27pm
man why u don't specify that if u update ur firmware ur gonna loose ur baseband unlock or u just want that happend to us??????