How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 Using Limera1n (Windows)

How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 Using Limera1n (Windows)

Posted October 9, 2010 at 6:37pm by iClarified · 202 comments · Add Comment
briane - October 27, 2010 at 1:52pm
I have gone to 4.1 using tinyumbrella and still have modem firmware of 1.59 I used limera1n to jb, everything is fine except I cannot get facetime to activate. Does anybody know of a way to reactivate facetime
jonkho - October 26, 2010 at 10:34pm
simple and great tutorial!!thanks man. :) but need to installitunes first to get it working..
CJ - October 25, 2010 at 1:35pm
Hi all, I have a daft question to ask :) I have an iPhone 4 with iOS 4.0.2 and baseband 01.59.00-ICE2_6. It's not yet activated and I need to unlock it. I would use TinyUmbrella to restore but I can't choose restore in iTunes because it's not activated I think. So is this the process?: 1. JB using limera1n (which will activate it?) 2. Restore 4.1 preserving baseband with TinyUbrella. 3. JB using limera1n again. 4. Use ultrasn0w to unlock. It's the activation bit I'm not sure about, plus not clear if limera1n alters the iOs version. Cheers
Andy - October 23, 2010 at 7:00am
I could not get this to work with Windows 7 x64 until I started limra1n in windows xp compatibility mode. Just a heads up for anybody else who also struggles with it.
Wanker69USA - October 22, 2010 at 9:44am
Works for me on iPhone 4 with iOS 4.1 and 2.10.04 baseband. Thanks Geohot.
jad - October 25, 2010 at 6:25pm
did u unlock it too??
George28 - December 27, 2010 at 9:00pm
i have the same FW as you 02.10.04 ... do you have it the official OS from apple or you upgraded with a custom FW
Robaid - October 18, 2010 at 9:05pm
Hi Dear, I have a 3GS with modem firmware 05.14.02 and version 4.1(8B117), Could anybody help me to find a way to unlock it, please?
thehanh - October 19, 2010 at 6:25pm
Nothing you can do now and just wait for Ultrasn0w for their new release to support new baseband unlock ( 5.14.02 ).
fakhrul - October 20, 2010 at 7:13am
Can we do find people who have iphone vers. 4.1 with firmware 01.59.00 . Then backup its software into itunes , then connect back the iphone with baseband 02.10.04 , reset to new iphone using database the backup
Andy - October 24, 2010 at 4:15am
@ Fakhul - No
badrul - October 25, 2010 at 4:39pm
FYI...i have same vers and firmware like u..and already unlocked it..;-)
ronnie cool - November 3, 2010 at 11:32am
How to jailbreak and unlock i-phone with version 4.1 and baseband 5.14 ? i clarified has got instructions only upto 5.13.
Greg - October 18, 2010 at 8:44am
iPhone 4 (iOS 4.1 - FW 02.10.04) Jailbreak complete, with no issues. Thanks to jeohot for all his hard work!!!
Oldnac - October 18, 2010 at 7:16am
Done in a iphone 3gs. Upgrade from 3.1.3 to 4.0.2, jb. Didn't unlock cause do not need for now, but I'll try later. Thanks for the great job!!
lala - October 17, 2010 at 11:25pm
i tried to unlock my 3gs and now it wont work and it only shows the apple icon and my itunes wont even find it so i cant put it in recovery mode either ={ what do i do, can someone help me cause im losing my mind over here, they make it look so easy
Manikandan - October 16, 2010 at 8:55am
First thanks a tons to jeohot. Guys jailbreak using limerain itunes should be opened. i had jailbreaked and unlocked successfully iphone4 with 4.0.2 version. Need any help. post comments. Thanks
jad - October 17, 2010 at 8:28pm
hey i have an iphone 4 ios 4.0.2 i was able to jailbreak it and i installed ultrasnow and each time i insert my sim card the phone locks i tried turning off 3g and installing the unlock patch and it still wont work. it worked once but when i restarted my phone it was locked again plz help im going crazy
dimebolt - October 18, 2010 at 11:39pm
r u the same Manikandan from AMD SG?
Manikandan - October 19, 2010 at 3:25am
No dude.
Manikandan - October 19, 2010 at 3:31am
Did your unlock is sucessfull? pls add the new source of ultrasn0w and then try to unlock. it should works if u are in 4.0.2 and baseband 1.59. Do u have micro simcard or u cut it? if u cut it na then the problem with the simcard.
Manikandan - October 19, 2010 at 3:32am