September 27, 2022
How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3G Using PwnageTool (Mac) [4.1]

How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3G Using PwnageTool (Mac) [4.1]

Posted October 20, 2010 at 11:52pm · 44 comments · Add Comment
Yann
Yann - November 19, 2010 at 11:00pm
Thanks you guys rock.....
john
john - November 10, 2010 at 3:29am
after restoring to the custom firmware, my 3g is now in a boot loop. can anyone help?
fredbram
fredbram - November 9, 2010 at 9:32am
I downloaded the restore ipsw, but when I select it during the pwnage process, I get a message "wrong firmware bundle". What is the problem? I have a 3g phone, it is currently jb and unlocked, but I am at version 3.0--is that the issue? Thanks
toot
toot - November 2, 2010 at 8:31pm
F0recast determined that my iphone 3g 4.1 was jailbreakable but unlockable. I have tried to jailbreak it using PT4.1.2 (or whatever the latest is) and can never get cydia on my screen. Does this mean that i cannot ever unlock and what gives with not getting the cydia app on my iphone? Thanks in advance for any wizards out there with a response.
wojak
wojak - November 1, 2010 at 11:09pm
Used new PT 4.1.2 to update to 4.1 - no error in itunes at recovery, iphone works flawlessly and fast again, however I noticed battery drainage - lasts only 6-8 hours. Any advice which options or apps should be disabled?
Tiago
Tiago - November 1, 2010 at 4:05pm
Hi there! How can i update my iphone 3g from 4,0 to 4,1 with itunes 10? thanks and keep the great job!!
Bugdom
Bugdom - October 24, 2010 at 9:48am
I'm stuck on Error 1603 trying to custom upgrade to 4.1. Mac OS X 10.6.4, iTunes 10.0.1, iPhone 3G, Baseband 5.13.4. Any help? Thx, Bug
Andy
Andy - October 24, 2010 at 2:05am
Hi, PTool creates the customized ipsw successfully every time, but the restore process never ends in iTunes. There's always a little bit missing right at the end, either in iTunes' progress bar as in iPhone's. Any help? I have a brick so far! I'm on Mac OS X 10.5.8, PwnageTool_4.1.2, iPhone 3G.
Bugdom
Bugdom - October 24, 2010 at 9:50am
I thought Pwnage 4.1.1 is the newest tool?
cabrita
cabrita - October 26, 2010 at 4:37pm
I have the same problem. I need Help.
Gilbert
Gilbert - October 26, 2010 at 9:08pm
Andy, By chance, do you have WiFi Sync installed on the computer that you are using to restore? I was having the same issue and then tried restoring on another machine and the restore completed successfully. If you do have it installed, I would try uninstalling it, rebooting the Mac and then trying again. Good luck.
Michael Murray
Michael Murray - October 23, 2010 at 11:54pm
Hi When I begin to download the pwnage link my mac is telling me that I have to open it with the help of a utility and I have no idea which to use. Please help? Thank you
wojak
wojak - October 23, 2010 at 4:31pm
got 1603 error while restoring with itunes, tried several times - same error, was upgrading from 4 jailbroken and unlocked for tmobile, any ideas?