November 26, 2022
How to Jailbreak Your Apple TV 2G Using PwnageTool (Mac) [4.1]

How to Jailbreak Your Apple TV 2G Using PwnageTool (Mac) [4.1]

Posted October 31, 2010 at 11:51pm · 29 comments · Add Comment
Zeljko
Zeljko - January 24, 2011 at 5:23pm
Please if somebody have time please try yesman`s method. Maybe will do the job. Please leave comments did you make it or not....Thanks
yesman
yesman - January 23, 2011 at 9:14pm
You need to make sure PwnageTool has the newest bundle, this should resolve the issue. 4.2.1 Firmware Bundle - http://goo.gl/t0NyP
cwf
cwf - January 21, 2011 at 9:00pm
I've gone through this several times, I opt-click on restore, pick my customer ipsw, iTunes extracts it, starts to verify, then tells me "this device isn't eligible for the requested build." When I click on more information it looks like the error I'm getting is 3194. Any thoughts on where I'm going wrong?
Tom
Tom - January 22, 2011 at 3:49pm
Me too. Works with Seas0nPass, but then I have to boot tethered. This gets to Step 12 in the tutorial and then says (exactly as yours does), that it "isn't eligible for the requested build"
Eagletooth
Eagletooth - June 29, 2011 at 3:18am
I'm getting the same dialogue: "This device isn't eligible for the requested build." :(
zeljko
zeljko - January 12, 2011 at 3:01am
I have try this tutorial 100 times and it didn`t work for me. I did everything propertly but i failed every fuckin time. And i am on 4.1 apple tv 2g
webphil75
webphil75 - March 14, 2011 at 11:16am
Hello, Impossible to pass DFU, i tried several times. Does somebody find a solution? (I french not to much help in french) Thanks
kwans
kwans - January 3, 2011 at 6:09pm
I have an apple tv but I don't know why I need to jailbreak an apple tv. Can u guys tell me benefits after jailbreaking? Can I get free movies or tv shows?
ricekake
ricekake - December 29, 2010 at 1:45am
OK...so I just got my ATV and I am getting the same message that it will not support the build. I have tried it on two laptops, two different cables, every usb port. I have tried it with the power cord on, off..with pwnage 4.1 and 4.1.2. Any help?
themoops
themoops - December 16, 2010 at 7:16pm
the instructions say DONT have the power plugged in to the ATV to put it into dfu mode. that's not correct.
eurozmikey
eurozmikey - December 14, 2010 at 1:14am
This does not work It tries to verify with Apple then says you are not able to use this build.
LK
LK - December 8, 2010 at 1:46pm
I have iTunes 10.1 - it attempts to check the firmware update with Apple; gives back error update server can not be reached. Anyone experience similar problem?
goodnbad
goodnbad - November 19, 2010 at 5:49am
Dear all How can i connect Apple TV G2 to the PC? It came with out connection cable and it has only Micro USB port or I can use Ethernet port????
tanker5
tanker5 - January 21, 2011 at 10:13pm
If u happen to have an amazon kindle, use the usb charger cord that came with it (or borrow the cord from a friend who has one). it's a perfect match for the atv2.